Anyone pulling camper?

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
The most you can tow is 2200 lbs. (2000 with the 1.5 engine). You might find a lightweight pop up or small teardrop but the only reason to order a Sport with a hitch is to get a full size spare tire. Sadly it really wasn't meant to tow much more than a small utility trailer.
You can tow many things under 2,000 pounds, Fishing boats, utility trailers, pop-ups, jet skis.

Advertisement

OP

omahafordowner

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
I've been towing a Sylvansport Go for a year behind a 2017 Escape and now behind my Bronco. Don't know it is there most of the time. The go is a utility trailer, toy hauler and pop up camper trailer. Go weighs 840 lbs. dry.

0607211335a.jpg
Do you use any portable air/heat system? I am thinking about getting one of these for the family but want to make it more comfortable.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yea, motorcycle trailers without motorcycles, Horse trailers without a horse... It really should have been 3,000 Lbs. 2,000 just isn't enough for most uses.
the average motorcycle weighs about 400 pounds and motorcycle trailers would probably weigh another 400-600 max… how could you not manage that? Lol

Martinjv71

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen
Yea, motorcycle trailers without motorcycles, Horse trailers without a horse... It really should have been 3,000 Lbs. 2,000 just isn't enough for most uses.
You know a motorcycle and its trailer weigh no where close to 2,000 lbs? "COME ON MAN"

Slewis95407

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 nsport Go camper and 2012
Do you use any portable air/heat system? I am thinking about getting one of these for the family but want to make it more comfortable.
I use a small Mr. Buddy for heat in the morning. I use small battery powered fans in summer. There is a screen vent below each bed platform that can be left open no matter the weather.

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
If you can find a good deal on a decent vintage camper, those can be a lot lighter. We bought a Shasta 1400 on the cheap and remodeled it for about $2k. Has a toilet, sink and the necessary creature comforts for just over 1800lbs dry.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
You know a motorcycle and its trailer weigh no where close to 2,000 lbs? "COME ON MAN"
My wife's and my Harleys weigh around 1,700 lbs together. Our trailer to pull them is another 1,200 so "COME ON MAN".

Advertisement

Advertisement