Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Wound up with this teardrop last year at 1,850+ Lbs so packing light and towing at max keeping it under 65. Does just fine in the hills but wouldn't tow it in the Rockies. Added a gauge for monitoring engine and tranny temp.
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone pulling camper? B1-b
Which tear drop is it? Has AC...does it have a potty? I'll buy it for the wife asap if it does lol
Sponsored

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Which tear drop is it? Has AC...does it have a potty? I'll buy it for the wife asap if it does lol
Has everything. AC, furnace, kitchen-sink-stove-fridge, bathroom, TV, stereo, solar. It's our hard shell tent with all the comforts of home. T@B 320S
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone pulling camper? inside

Jonnie T

Badlands
First Name
Jonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Tabs are nice and well-built. Top of the line for teardrops, but, close to our towing limit.
The Tab 400 is a better size but too heavy for the BS to pull.

Check out these other trailers as well that have all the same features (including wet baths) at a lower price point (except for the Safari Condo):

ProLite PlusS (1390 lbs) Sleeps 2
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone pulling camper? 1647003632994

ProLite Lounge (1485 lbs) Sleeps 3
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone pulling camper? 1647003295366

ProLite PLUS (1590 lbs) Sleeps 2
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone pulling camper? 1647003722599

ProLite Profil (1685 lbs) Sleeps 4
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone pulling camper? 1647003528754

Then, there's the Rove Lite (1707-1850 lbs depending on layout) Sleeps 2-4
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone pulling camper? 1647003856798

And, Alto Safari Condo F1743 (1765lbs) Sleeps 3-4
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone pulling camper? 1647004228865

Last edited:

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Tabs are nice and well-built. Top of the line for teardrops, but, close to our towing limit.
The Tab 400 is a better size but too heavy for the BS to pull.

Then, there's the Rove Lite (1707-1850 lbs depending on layout)
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone pulling camper? 1647003856798
I really like the Rove Lite. Seems to have good features and layout for the price, weight and size. And I think using a cheap, easy to replace window air conditioner mounted on the side is pure genius!

I was very disappointed that the BS can't tow more. I might have waited for a Badlands with a hitch if the towing capacity matched that of the slightly longer Escape with the same engine. Seems counterintuitive that the BS is less capable than it's more street oriented stable mate.

OP
OP

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Has everything. AC, furnace, kitchen-sink-stove-fridge, bathroom, TV, stereo, solar. It's our hard shell tent with all the comforts of home. T@B 320S
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone pulling camper? inside
Those are nice for 2, but to small for a family. That is what is so intriguing about the camp 365. Has a lot of space for something so light.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
My wife's and my Harleys weigh around 1,700 lbs together. Our trailer to pull them is another 1,200 so "COME ON MAN".
Post was "Motorcycle" not "MotorcycleS" so YES - 100% come on man...... what next someone is gonna say oh I meant 4? SMH

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Those are nice for 2, but to small for a family. That is what is so intriguing about the camp 365. Has a lot of space for something so light.
The Bronco Sport itself is too small for a family so that camper is just right hahahaha

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
The disadvantage is when traveling it's like a pop up you can't set it up and use it in rest areas or parking lots. We wanted something for just the two of us and the dog with little or no set-up for traveling. The teardrop is perfect.
Some of the others listed above are dry weight so you have to be careful as once you add propane, batteries, etc. you are well over 2,000+ pounds. Just check the specs carefully. Manufacturers love to tout how light they are off the assembly line before they're equipped for camping.

Deleted member 2781

SLJ makes a very important point that should not be overlooked. If your dry weight is anywhere near the tow limit, you shouldn't be hauling much in the camper itself.

I saw comments about our 4pin connector. Yes, you can just use a straight 4-7pin adapter to just control running lights and turn signals. If you want to run power to the trailer for charging a battery for boondocking, powering electric brakes, etc you need a 4-7pin adapter that also adds in a 12V power line (something like this I think). I haven't done this yet myself, but pretty sure you can just tap into the running lights for that and when towing, set your headlights to 'on' instead of auto so that line stays hot (or run all the way directly to the battery if you prefer). AuTOWbrake makes a brake controller that you mount on the trailer rather than wire into the cabin of the vehicle which I like the looks of - it needs the 12V power from the vehicle also. Or if you can a more traditional brake controller, eTrailer has a universal kit for hooking those up to a 4-pin.

I haven't towed yet, but have the factory tow package and am looking at teardrops in the 1000-1300# range (like Hiker Trailer, Braxton Creek Bushwhacker, etc). I never would have considered a nuCamp 320 - glad to hear that if careful, the sport can manage that. For others interested in nuCamp note that they also have the T@G camper which is smaller/lighter as it removes things like bathroom/sink etc from the cabin - more of a traditional teardrop "bed on wheels" with kitchen stuff in the galley.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I'll add that you may want to have your camper weighed before you buy. We have a 2018 Taxa Tiger Moth. The title says 950 lbs. Best we could figure out is that is the weight of the first (before ours) Tiger Moths. They added a built in sofa bed and a few other things to newer models. The weight is now in the 1200 lb range. They never changed the title.

nhchemist

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, S2000, Bronco Sport Badlands
I tow an Alto 1713 with a Ford Expedition and use it for long (1 month+) trips. I don't even know it is there when towing. I have ordered a BS BL intending to use it for weekend trips. I have a separate solar panel to recharge the batteries, and they connect directly to the camper battery. Because the Expedition did not recharge the camper battery fully when towing I complained to my dealer and was told that the Expedition only trickle charges the camper battery and any 12V draw will not be covered. To overcome this idiocy, made a lighter plug cable with solar panel terminals on the end. When traveling, I plug this cable into the lighter socket in the cargo area, route it through the rear window, and plug it directly into the camper battery. It works like a charm. I'll do the same when my BS BL finally comes in. Now I need to make a 4 pin to 7 pin adapter for the BS BL.
Sponsored

Last edited: