SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Installed it last night using the above posted video as a guide. After centering the protector I used low adhesion masking tape to mark the installation boundaries. That allowed me to keep prep area contained and made for somewhat easier install. I'd say if you have someone to help you hold one end it'd probably work the best.
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? 20210904_182814_1280x720
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kraken

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
The bug guard works very well. Here's the results of a 900 mile roadtrip this weekend.

The entire front end and roof rail are covered in bugs, but there were only a few splatters on the windshield. I'm impressed.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? IMG_20210908_162951237_HDR

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? IMG_20210908_163022326_HDR

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? IMG_20210908_162731445_HDR

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
AVS Smoke on my OB
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? fullsizeoutput_719
After having the AVS deflector on for awhile how do you like it? Stay on pretty good? I want to go this route, lower profile than the one with the higher deflector. Thanks.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sorry all but this is just a personal opinion but I think looks like shit . do a clear guard or ceramic coating
I agree completely, but what do I know?

I haven't seen plastic hood protectors since the 1960s.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Badlands edition as well, noted... I am developing a theory here. So far, the First Edition guys aren't seeing anything. Hmm...
Badlands here, no hood ornaments installed (deflectors or other trim), and I have noticed "gentle" vibration of the rear-center area of the hood circa highway speeds. I chalked it up to being an aluminum hood with little support under it in that section. Perhaps stiffening would help, or support from underneath. Either way it'll need to be something that doesn't concentrate the force to smaller areas and just increase the likelihood of work-hardening of the aluminum.

Hood has factory-installed insulation sheet.

Emlangkow

Outer Banks
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Has anyone seen any significant drop in MPG with the Aeroskin II installed? Just curious
Yes, and so I am looking into how to remove it after only 1 month. I love the look of it, but not at the expense of 5 mpg :(

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Yes, and so I am looking into how to remove it after only 1 month. I love the look of it, but not at the expense of 5 mpg :(
I have had one installed since March , try making a adjustment on the hood , the black round ones underneath the hood , if anything having the deflector should improve mpg , that’s my 2 cents .My mpg did not change at all .

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? 14AC95A4-CFBE-41A4-AE0C-7BB4B2612918

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
You may want to drive it longer.and check other issues.. I've had mine on for almost six months. No difference in MPG.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You may want to drive it longer.and check other issues.. I've had mine on for almost six months. No difference in MPG.
John , how is your mpg ,just curious mine at highway is 27.7 and city 18 with a bunch of hills in Pittsburgh, pa .

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
John , how is your mpg ,just curious mine at highway is 27.7 and city 18 with a bunch of hills in Pittsburgh, pa .
Interstate, usually around 27.5. I commute mostly back roads and highway, 45moh and lower, so I typically get 28.5 to 29.5 depending how often I'm using sport mode and whether I'm easing into turns or punching it

Reactions: Jrl

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interstate, usually around 27.5. I commute mostly back roads and highway, 45moh and lower, so I typically get 28.5 to 29.5 depending how often I'm using sport mode and whether I'm easing into turns or punching it
Thanks , need your opinion on the following picture and your thoughts .

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? E91D4D8E-56F8-400B-BFC8-15BA48B099C7

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? 9506925F-98D0-47C9-890D-B145305CA0E1

Emlangkow

Outer Banks
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I would be somewhat cautious of the hood protector adhesion to your PPX , at 80 or 90 mph with a gust of high winds . I know the 3 m is capabie .
I took out off yesterday and immediately started seeing an improvement in mpg. More importantly, I can feel that the vehicle drives smoother, coasts better, and takes less effort to maintain speed since the deflector is not causing a vacuum of turbulent air over the hood. Obviously no one is required to believe me, but I am convinced!

Reactions: Jrl

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I'm not 100% positive if I wanna install mine or not yet. I just had paint protection film installed on my front end so I am not super worried about rock chips, but i may install just for further protection.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? 20210130_161739
You might want to check and see what doing that aeroskin with tape will do sitting on top of film rather than paint. Layering all that sh** might end up causing problems since the aeroskin is designed to tape to paint and not film.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Agreed. If it were an option, I’d be doing all I can to rid myself of the black plastic trim. Mirrors, bumpers, etc. at least with the OB, we get door handles and I plan to add the body color fender flares.
Yeah I plan on xpel clear film whole hood and fenders. 10 year .
Sponsored