Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I drive mine on the interstate two times every day (73-77 mph) and I haven't noticed any shaking from the hood. I'll pay closer attention on my way home today but it's possible that I might have noticed a little bit but I attributed that high winds that we were getting at the time.
If you don't see anything either, then there may be something specific to the First Editions that I do not have. Would like to understand more, I think I saw a post where someone put a pic up of a hood without insulation, I do believe I checked mine and confirmed I received the Insulation. So, I wonder what it is! You guys take a pic of your engine bay and post it. [@Jrl]

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My hood shook before and after the hood protector install.
Badlands edition as well, noted... I am developing a theory here. So far, the First Edition guys aren't seeing anything. Hmm...

HungLo

Outer Banks
First Name
Siu
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Tesla Model 3
Hi, I'm a first time Ford and CUV Owner too, so all this information is super helpful here. My commuter is a Tesla Model 3 and me and the wife just needed a road trip car for visiting National Parks...etc. Just got the Outer Banks Trim and will be checking for any hood rattle. I didn't notice anything before, but I wasn't looking for it while on the highway. I'm super interested in anything to protect the paint. Tesla's paint is super thin, lots of small chips on the front already. Way more than my old 2010 Kia that I sold to get the Bronco Sport. Infact, I didn't notice any paint chips on my old Kia.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Not sure but I just was thinking on this issue and I forgot about the auto vents that are in the grills on each bronco,I am wondering if this has something to do with this delusion?
I thought about that as well, noticed it while not in "Eco" mode, not sure if that is what turns on the grille shutters or not... but an interesting idea.

Reactions: Jrl
OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My BRONCO HAS INSULATION FOR SURE.Did you get the note about the hood being aluminum?
Yes, noted and would have guessed as much given the weight of it.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Those may not work, but I can say bot as bad heading home traveling North vs going to work traveling South. I’ll text this again in the am.

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you don't see anything either, then there may be something specific to the First Editions that I do not have. Would like to understand more, I think I saw a post where someone put a pic up of a hood without insulation, I do believe I checked mine and confirmed I received the Insulation. So, I wonder what it is! You guys take a pic of your engine bay and post it. [@Jrl]
Only got up to 74 on the way home and I noticed a little bit of movement in the hood near the windshield but nothing that I found concerning. And mine is a first edition as well.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Only got up to 74 on the way home and I noticed a little bit of movement in the hood near the windshield but nothing that I found concerning. And mine is a first edition as well.
So, perhaps we need to understand what’s under the hood of the First Edition of anything is unique.

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
77mph on the way into work this AM and no real discernible vibration from the hood. In fact it was less than yesterday and I have to believe it's because there was no strong winds this AM.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just thought I would report on bug guard ,I spoke to the folks at Lund company maker of the guard and they confirmed that it would drain off any water that might get under it.
By the way, did they feel confident in the design actually pushing items over the car's roof? I have 2-chips (although small) in my windshield and another paint chip on the roof above the windshield where it begins to slope. I am just shocked at this, but it would appear the gent who had his entire BS wrapped and ceramic coated for like $2k or whatever is the only one of us that might make it out unscathed with the road debris. Is it just me?? ?‍♂
Sponsored