Ohwell

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I could see it in the reflection of the trees on the hood.
I noticed the hood vibration on my Bronco sport also. If you slightly push down on each side of the front edge of the hood and can feel some wiggle, what I did was raise those front hood bumpers just a hair at a time until the wiggle stopped. I also measured how high the bumpers were and made them both exactly the same. I noticed no hood bounce today but I was only driving 55 MPH. I didn't have to move those bumpers much, they were already very close.
Sponsored

Ohwell

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I ordered the Aeroskin 2 hood protector today, my dealership said he has had 3 on backorder since march so he has no idea how long it will take to get them in.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
Iā€™ve never given much thought to hood deflectors, but after getting a quarter size chip in my windshield with only 450 miles on the odo, it seems like this windshield might be a rock magnet.

-Do they actually work?
-What is the MPG hit if any? (The BS has the aerodynamics of a brick anyway so it may not matter!)

Rastassjt

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had my aero shield II and some panel moldings installed today. This was the first Bronco Sport that the factory dealer in Madison had installed these accessories on. They took their time and I couldnā€™t be happier. They did run into the side badge clearances issue but I think leaving them off looked better with how things are.

I also took a side angle of the aeroshield as I thought it was nice how the molds sort of scooped out to keep the hoods design lines. And yes there is a little hood wind movement. But the other thing to note is there was not one Wisconsin bug on my windshield on the way home from the dealer.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? 720FA0F6-5C43-457B-B12C-21914B37EB57

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? F4F6A363-CEA7-4757-AEE7-A8963018C7C1

Foad

First Edition
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Anyone have the areoskin with a hood scoop. Would it be possible to get a pic?

ShadowHunter

Badlands
First Name
Fermin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tainocustomknives.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, Porsche 911, Toyota MR2
So after reading all 11 pages which hood protector does everyone recommends, Hood Protector - Aeroskin II, Textured or Hood Protector - Aeroskin, Smoke Color ?

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
So after reading all 11 pages which hood protector does everyone recommends, Hood Protector - Aeroskin II, Textured or Hood Protector - Aeroskin, Smoke Color ?
Aeroskin 2 matches trim on our Bronco .

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I installed my Aeroskin protector on Sunday. Heads up, be careful with the prep solution Ford includes with the part (not the alcohol swab). Iā€˜m assuming itā€™s for removing the wax where the tape adheres. Itā€™s clear in the packet but now my Area 51 has different shades of blue where I went over the line. If anyone has tips on how to remove, please let me know.

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I installed my Aeroskin protector on Sunday. Heads up, be careful with the prep solution Ford includes with the part (not the alcohol swab). Iā€˜m assuming itā€™s for removing the wax where the tape adheres. Itā€™s clear in the packet but now my Area 51 has different shades of blue where I went over the line. If anyone has tips on how to remove, please let me know.
I had the same issue on mine after installing the smoke aeroskin. Rubbing alcohol did the trick and then after a touchless wash I can't even tell there was any. Hope that helps!

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I had the same issue on mine after installing the smoke aeroskin. Rubbing alcohol did the trick and then after a touchless wash I can't even tell there was any. Hope that helps!
Awesome! Iā€™ll give it a shot. Thanks!

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
I applied a lot of elbow grease and a damp rag. Ridiculous that they donā€™t address this in the directions!

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
I applied a lot of elbow grease and a damp rag. Ridiculous that they donā€™t address this in the directions!
I don't think they assume that people are going to go over the line in the manual. Its very hard when manuals are created to account for all the mishaps that may happen. I am sure you have seen most manuals do not have a section like that. You may respond with well most have "Troubleshooting tips". A mistake is not trouble shooting. It would be a product error or malfunction.

Reactions: Jrl

JP25

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Took my first semi-long drive today with the Aeroskin II Hood Deflector on. Pleasantly surprised to find it really does work pretty well. A few times I could actually see bugs coming in and getting deflected right over the roof, or just being limited to a glancing blow. I was hoping it would do that, but wasn't fully convinced. Of course the Cicada's still get through but those guys are beasts...

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Took my first semi-long drive today with the Aeroskin II Hood Deflector on. Pleasantly surprised to find it really does work pretty well. A few times I could actually see bugs coming in and getting deflected right over the roof, or just being limited to a glancing blow. I was hoping it would do that, but wasn't fully convinced. Of course the Cicada's still get through but those guys are beasts...
Excellent. Does it deflect the bugs above the 'crevice' between the roof line and windshield? Cleaning that out is a real PITA and 90% of the reason I want one. Any issues with hood flex or MPG loss post-hood reflector?
Sponsored