Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are.

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
Dealer provided replacement today
pics included for parts no. and description

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 1650570521820
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 1650570568670
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 1650570642204
Thank you for providing pics with part #'s. Major Kong. I got my panel today from Danvers Ford in Massachusetts. I called my salesman a couple weeks ago and texted him the pics posted by Major Kong. He said he was going on vacation but said he'd follow up when he got back. During the week he was out I got a postcard from the dealership service dept telling me my panel was in. So he obviously got it taken care of before he left.
I picked it up today and had zero problems. It was covered under warranty and they were 110% helpful rather than resistant like some others' experiences with the dealers they went through. The funny part was that the parts counter rep told me that in order to give me the new part under warranty I'd have to give him the old part. I said "It never came with the old part! That's why I'm here!" He laughed and handed the package over to me.
I feel like I lucked out with my dealer. They didn't play any games with me when I bought my BL and they've been selling cars at MSRP throughout these messed up times.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Sorry to be a pest. Did you ask them to replace it or did they just do it because they said it was missing. Trying to understand if it was being driven by Ford or by your request.
So my desler walked out to car and said huh.. snapped a pic and ordered.. not sure if under warranty or dealer ate cost.. but there was never a statement on the dash panel from ford.. engine cover was stopped on most as of july 28 2021.. but the panel ford just said fuck them, they will never see it jim 🤣

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
So my desler walked out to car and said huh.. snapped a pic and ordered.. not sure if under warranty or dealer ate cost.. but there was never a statement on the dash panel from ford.. engine cover was stopped on most as of july 28 2021.. but the panel ford just said fuck them, they will never see it jim 🤣
seems to be the case everywhere. Haven’t heard of one case yet where the customer was told by Ford it needed to be replaced.

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
So my desler walked out to car and said huh.. snapped a pic and ordered.. not sure if under warranty or dealer ate cost.. but there was never a statement on the dash panel from ford.. engine cover was stopped on most as of july 28 2021..
For what its worth, my basic BL was built in Oct. '21 and came with an engine cover. It was also a dealer order rather than special order so maybe that has something to do with it. Also it may be that the 1.5L engine covers were phased out earlier but I really don't know the answer to that.

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Sales rep called me last week to let me know the dash panel part had finally arrived after two months. We worked out a deal where the part would be installed when I bring the car in for an oil change/routine check. I have over 6500 miles in 3 months of driving the BS Big Bend (lots of 3-5 hr trips and a long trek over to Memphis and back). Oil change and dash panel part installed today. No charge for the part as the dealership covered it under warranty. That's the way this situation should be handled at all dealerships!!! Since Ford Motor Company has never mentioned this issue to the purchasing customers, FMC knows they tried to screw the customers. The squeaky wheel gets the grease on this issue. I suggest all BS owners push their respective dealerships to obtain and install this dash panel part!!!

Wow... this part is definitely supposed to be there, and there is a HUGE difference between using the vehicle with the part and using the vehicle without the part. The dash panel muffles the sound of the A/C system to the point where I can now listen to the radio at level 8 with the A/C running on max air at highest fan speed. Without the part I had to turn up the volume level to 15-16.

Lorri2516

Badlands
First Name
Lorri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Yes. Just got received mine last week without a panel. Got them to write a check to cover a new one. My sport did however have the under hood insulation.
🤞 Mine has the under hood insulation. It was just built yesterday. Guess I will see in 4-6 weeks when it arrives.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
hood insulation on my bronco badlands I picked up today
I think the hood insulation is trim dependent. My Badlands has it as well. same for the spare tire well insulation.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
hood insulation on my bronco badlands I picked up today
I wonder if Ford left the insulation on the Badlands because (maybe) the 2.0L runs hotter than the 1.5L?

I don't recall if any owners of the 2022 BS with the 1.5L engine have reported having the hood insulation.

[Edit to add: Just read Escape2Bronco's post above. Great minds... :cool: ]
Sponsored