Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are.

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport badlands
Ahh, freaked me out, posted my comment above and when it refreshed I saw “and the missing hood insulation” I’m thinking insulation??? Jumped out and checked.. nope, it’s there😂
Sponsored

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Well, just checked and I don’t have the kick panel in my bs either… then I looked and I don’t have a rear tow eye, but mine came with the tow package so maybe it doesn’t get it?
Factory tow pkg - hitch covers tow eye receptacle.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Just purchased the Big Bend on 3/11/22. Noticed the missing dash trim, missing engine cover, missing hood insulation and tow hook eye missing. The build sheet shows that they are not coming with the vehicle, but the 42,000 FordPass reward points I received for the purchase helped to buy all of these missing parts. Everything except the dash trim was on me - $717.00 (I added the contour rubber floor mats). Plus there was a low supply upcharge of $3K - with folks waiting in line to buy it. Crazy times....never seen anything like it.
I don't understand -- why did you have to pay for any of the missing parts?

Also, what is a 'low supply surcharge'? I've never heard of that.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Every Bronco Sport on the lot (4) was missing these parts - no explanation just apologies. Yes, the missing dash trim panel was paid for by Ford under warranty. However, the other parts were mine to buy. The parts department was able to pull my vehicle by VIN and noted the engine cover, hood insulation and tow eye parts were not part of the build for my vehicle.
Can owners access the build info for their vehicle?

It's hard to believe that Ford is <EDIT> *intentionally* </EDIT> building some BS models without an engine cover; hood insulation; and tow eye, etc -- <EDIT> with no intention of supplying them later. </EDIT>

Last edited:

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm missing mine on my 2022 Badlands as well. I contacted my local Ford dealership and they have ordered the piece at no cost to me!
That's good to hear!

Did they say anything about taking photos to submit to Ford?

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer ordered the eye hook, and passenger hvac panel cover. Said I’m beat on engine cover since Ford doesn’t include them. But hood insulation was installed already.
Except some owners report their BS has an engine cover.

There seems to be little rhyme or reason to much of this.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Got my car 3 weeks ago. Went to pull a fuse and the bottom panel of the dash that meets the fuse box was completely missing. Went to the dealership and they were gonna just pull it off a bronco they had in the lot and that one was also missing it.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. DE1D7D32-E333-46AC-A51A-7160D533020E
Dealer provided replacement today
pics included for parts no. and description

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 1650570521820
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 1650570568670
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 1650570642204

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Major Kong -- that's very helpful! :cool:

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Dealer provided replacement today
pics included for parts no. and description

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 1650570521820
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 1650570568670
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 1650570642204
Thanks Major Kong. Based on the under dash picture I took earlier, I am missing the piece too.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. BEC24D59-3D28-4970-B794-113887D65073

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
I didn't realize it had so much noise insulation on it... Is it noticeable?
Lakeland ford wants $26 shipping for it. That place is nuts.

all of these places are nuts.
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 1650605031188

For a plastic panel????

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Every Bronco Sport on the lot (4) was missing these parts - no explanation just apologies. Yes, the missing dash trim panel was paid for by Ford under warranty. However, the other parts were mine to buy. The parts department was able to pull my vehicle by VIN and noted the engine cover, hood insulation and tow eye parts were not part of the build for my vehicle.
That seems unlikely -- except for perhaps the tow eye.

I read here that the BS models that came with the tow package do not have the tow eye. Our BL w/tow package does not. In fact there are not even any threaded holes to accept one. Of course, the BL has tow hooks on the front. I'd think other BS trim levels -- even with the tow package -- would have a tow eye supplied.

The rest of the parts should be included as part of the build with all BS models. If they are missing they should be provided (for free obviously) as soon as they become available.

Some people might say (for example) that an engine cover is not important. Maybe not, but auto mfrs are notorious for cutting costs, so why install engine covers on ANY of their vehicles then? It's possible that it is just for aesthetics -- mfrs think (or know from market research) that most people prefer to look at a black plastic cover vs wires and hoses. If that's the case, and that's the only reason for it, then some people (myself included) might decide to do without it.

The "Dash Panel Insulator" is different. It's not exactly 'mission critical' but it does serve a couple functions -- protecting the wires and terminals behind the dash, as well as some sound deadening (the HVAC blower is immediately above it). There is no reason not to install it.

The hood insulation is there for a reason as well. Again, mfrs are not known for throwing unnecessary parts on vehicles just for the hell of it. My guess is that it is there to reduce the amount of engine heat cooking the paint on the hood.

In any case, while none of these parts may be critically important, that can be said of many parts of the vehicle. The bottom line is -- we paid (typically full MSRP) for a complete vehicle. Considering the ongoing supply chain issues, it is understandable that some parts may be temporarily out of stock, but for a dealership to claim that a certain BS was intentionally built without parts that are included with most other BS models seems suspect, to put it diplomatically.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
That seems unlikely -- except for perhaps the tow eye.

I read here that the BS models that came with the tow package do not have the tow eye. Our BL w/tow package does not. In fact there are not even any threaded holes to accept one. Of course, the BL has tow hooks on the front. I'd think other BS trim levels -- even with the tow package -- would have a tow eye supplied.

The rest of the parts should be included as part of the build with all BS models. If they are missing they should be provided (for free obviously) as soon as they become available.

Some people might say (for example) that an engine cover is not important. Maybe not, but auto mfrs are notorious for cutting costs, so why install engine covers on ANY of their vehicles then? It's possible that it is just for aesthetics -- mfrs think (or know from market research) that most people prefer to look at a black plastic cover vs wires and hoses. If that's the case, and that's the only reason for it, then some people (myself included) might decide to do without it.

The "Dash Panel Insulator" is different. It's not exactly 'mission critical' but it does serve a couple functions -- protecting the wires and terminals behind the dash, as well as some sound deadening (the HVAC blower is immediately above it). There is no reason not to install it.

The hood insulation is there for a reason as well. Again, mfrs are not known for throwing unnecessary parts on vehicles just for the hell of it. My guess is that it is there to reduce the amount of engine heat cooking the paint on the hood.

In any case, while none of these parts may be critically important, that can be said of many parts of the vehicle. The bottom line is -- we paid (typically full MSRP) for a complete vehicle. Considering the ongoing supply chain issues, it is understandable that some parts may be temporarily out of stock, but for a dealership to claim that a certain BS was intentionally built without parts that are included with most other BS models seems suspect, to put it diplomatically.
The explanation I received from the dealer regarding the towing eye hook was something to do with European sold Bronco Sports. They get eyes hooks we don't.
Just how the story went I can't recall. As soon as I heard the word "no" everything in the eye hook conversation beyond that point was jettisoned.

>edited<

and if you're thinking on making your own take note of the left handed thread

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 1650673193675
Sponsored

Last edited: