Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I have the Big Bend so not sure if that makes a difference. He looked up 2022 and it wasn't showing. Showed on the 21 and the hood is the same so it's confirmed to fit which I already knew but thats when he showed me the description next to it on the parts page and I couldn't believe it myself. Just frustrating I have to use my points and still in limbo about my fog lights. I have legal advice with work for free so might be checking with them about what my best option would be.
At this point it seems you've been patient enough. You might want to have your attorney send them a letter.

Also, the insulation should not be part of an optional package. Not only does it reduce noise, it protects the paint on the hood from excessive heat. I'd like to think that it was simply unavailable at the time of production and not intentionally deleted in a short-sighted attempt to save a few bucks at the owners' expense.

If so, Ford should simply tell owners what happened and supply the insulation when it becomes available.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Interior Noise Insulation is listed in the '22 Order Guide for the Badlands models. I assume the hood insulation might be included as it seems Badlands owners are the only ones consistently reporting having it from the factory.

I've never been convinced that lower trims are supposed to have hood the insulation, and it's not a necessary item. Many vehicles do not come with hood insulation.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Not all packages are orderable. I don't know what Ford does to decide which cars get a particular "package" and which ones don't, but you'll find this pad on the firewall in the "noise insulation package" too, and my research shows only Outer Banks get this. But I added it for about $50.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. IMG_20220505_115018143

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
In any case, my wife picked it up and I installed when she got home -- so that's 2 down (panel and shackle hitch receiver) and one to go (the folding headrests). The GM said he doesn't see any folding headrests listed for the 2022 BS, but he is going to see what he can do -- perhaps get some that are listed for a 2021? IDK.
The folding headrests were eliminated on '22 models according to the Order Guide. So it's unlikely they will provide them.

ROCKNBRONCO777

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Not all packages are orderable. I don't know what Ford does to decide which cars get a particular "package" and which ones don't, but you'll find this pad on the firewall in the "noise insulation package" too, and my research shows only Outer Banks get this. But I added it for about $50.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. IMG_20220505_115018143
I saw that you did awhile back. Happen to remember the part #?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL

ROCKNBRONCO777

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The folding headrests were eliminated on '22 models according to the Order Guide. So it's unlikely they will provide them.
By 'Order Guide' do you mean what is sometimes called the "Build Tool"? If the Order Guide is something different, could you link to it?

The only info available to us (and other buyers) back in December 2021, was the 2021 model year glossy 'dream book' (no 2022 books available, we asked) and the info on the 2022 Ford Build Tool.

The 2021 book clearly showed the rear folding head rests. There was no mention of them at all in the 2022 online Build Tool, and therefore no reason to think that Ford would summarily eliminate such an important feature -- at least they are important to owners who want to fold the rear seats forward without having to yank the headrests out and toss them on the floor.

In any case, here are some photos -- from Ford -- clearly showing the 2022 model with the same folding headrests the 2021 has. See posts 25 and 29:
https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/missing-and-or-incorrect-parts-on-2022-bronco-sport-badlands.8805/page-2#post-184665

In addition, the guy who posted those photos and links PM'd me and said he has a 2022 Badlands that came with folding headrests. He has offered to send me some photos of his BL.

My guess remains the same -- there was a supply shortage of folding head restraints. To keep the line moving, Ford replaced them with the basic headrests that only slide up and down. That's fine -- they had no choice -- but the decent, ethical, not to mention *smart* thing to do is to at least offer the folding headrests to owners who want them.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Here's the order guide, it's been posted on this forum elsewhere. I used it when I ordered in September 2021. The reference to the folding headrests is on the first page, along with other major changes.

Attachments

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's the order guide, it's been posted on this forum elsewhere. I used it when I ordered in September 2021. The reference to the folding headrests is on the first page, along with other major changes.
Thanks for posting that.

This is the first time I've seen it. It certainly was not available from the Build Tool that Ford and the dealers encourage customers to use. No one at our dealership made it available either.

I'm not surprised though, since in the upper right-hand corner of every page it says, "Proprietary".

I read the first page and only found one reference to head restraints. It seems to apply only to the Big Bend:

"Deleted
— 2-Way Manually Folding Second Row (Left and Right; Center
Head Restraint is fixed position) on Big Bend."

That could be worded more clearly, but regardless, it only refers to the Big Bend.

There is nothing regarding headrests listed under "Interior/Comfort", or on the Badlands-specific pages.

Did I miss something?

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Thanks for posting that.

This is the first time I've seen it. It certainly was not available from the Build Tool that Ford and the dealers encourage customers to use. No one at our dealership made it available either.

I'm not surprised though, since in the upper right-hand corner of every page it says, "Proprietary".

I read the first page and only found one reference to head restraints. It seems to apply only to the Big Bend:

"Deleted
— 2-Way Manually Folding Second Row (Left and Right; Center
Head Restraint is fixed position) on Big Bend."

That could be worded more clearly, but regardless, it only refers to the Big Bend.

There is nothing regarding headrests listed under "Interior/Comfort", or on the Badlands-specific pages.

Did I miss something?
If you review the Order Guide, the upper trims come standard with the Big Bend equipment, plus other listed options specific to each trim. Because it was eliminated from the Big Bend, that carried through to the other trims also. There was another thread a while ago on this forum that discussed the headrests, and that was the outcome.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you review the Order Guide, the upper trims come standard with the Big Bend equipment, plus other listed options specific to each trim. Because it was eliminated from the Big Bend, that carried through to the other trims also. There was another thread a while ago on this forum that discussed the headrests, and that was the outcome.
I'll take your word for it. I did some searching a while back but didn't come across anything. I must not have used the right terms.

The fact remains that if/when Ford decided to delete the folding headrests (and other parts), they certainly did not advertise that decision. After being on this and other related forums for months, this is the first time I've seen the "2022 Bronco Sport Order Guide". I assume it is intended for Ford employees only, since each page is marked "Proprietary". It's safe to say it is not something buyers were/are typically shown. At least I've never seen any mention of it before now.

The only information buyers had when ordering was the 2021 brochure (and other 2021 publications) as well as the 2022 Build Tool. In short, buyers of the 2022 BS were not fully informed.

Without any public notice from Ford, there was no reason to think that the folding head restraints would be deleted. After all, unlike the deleted engine cover, they are functional. The fixed/basic headrests must be removed from the seat backs in order to fold the seats forward, and then there is no place to put them except the floor, where they will slide around and collect dirt.

At a bare minimum, Ford could have provided holes to stash the headrests. Our 1997 RAV4 that the Badlands replaced has them:

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 1655252952571

Sorry I couldn't find an actual photo, but that's the idea -- there is a place to store headrests when the rear seats are folded.

A cynical person might come to the conclusion that Ford eliminated multiple parts from the 2022 BS to save money, and kept quiet about it to not negatively affect sales.

None of this stuff -- headrests; dash panel; hood insulation; engine cover, etc., is 'mission critical'. The primary issue is one of ethics. Ford should have been upfront about the changes and deletions. They chose not to be.

Nismo180sx

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend, 1989 Nissan 180sx
So based on that guide the Big Bend should have came with rubberized rear seat backs? I purchased my Big Bend last week and it was missing: engine cover, hood insulator, passenger under dash panel and the eye bolt.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
So based on that guide the Big Bend should have came with rubberized rear seat backs? I purchased my Big Bend last week and it was missing: engine cover, hood insulator, passenger under dash panel and the eye bolt.
According to the first page of the order guide:

Second Row – Rubberized Seat Backs (66B) are Optional on Big Bend and Standard on Outer Banks and above
So unless I misunderstand what you are saying, a Big Bend should not have come with them unless you chose the option.

As to the other items, 1.5L engine covers were discontinued sometime in 2021 (2.0L discontinued in 2022). I've never seen anything that states trims other than Badlands come with the underhood insulation - "Interior Noise Insulation" is listed as a Badlands feature.

Tow eyes were only provided on non-hitch equipped vehicles initially, but it seems now that none have it. [EDIT] Forgot to mention that the new 2022 Badlands at Off-Roadeo did not even have the removable square in the rear bumper cover for the tow eye. These were all non-hitch equipped.

I don't think anyone is getting the under-dash panel either.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
2021 Big Bends had the rubberized seat backs standard. Optional on 2022 Big Bends. Engine covers disappeared somewhere around May-June of last year on all 1.5s. Big Bend never had hood insulation.
Sponsored