Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
Got my car 3 weeks ago. Went to pull a fuse and the bottom panel of the dash that meets the fuse box was completely missing. Went to the dealership and they were gonna just pull it off a bronco they had in the lot and that one was also missing it.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. DE1D7D32-E333-46AC-A51A-7160D533020E
Sponsored

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Got my car 3 weeks ago. Went to pull a fuse and the bottom panel of the dash that meets the fuse box was completely missing. Went to the dealership and they were gonna just pull it off a bronco they had in the lot and that one was also missing it.
Oh man...I hate to hear this. I really hope they aren't doing this stuff to push them off the assembly line...

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Photo?

OP
OP

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Added photo

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Check another BS, if its supposed to be there then dealer can add it. Its in a nonvisible area it happens.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
22 OB, built 12/23/21, looks just like the picture in Post #1.
Likely a container full of them stacked up somewhere in CA.

The folks over on Bronco6G have a "list" of blown 2.7L engines.

Maybe we need to start one on "eliminated" parts for the BS.
1. engine cover
2. engine running light on stop/start button
3. folding rear seat head rests
4. temp setting on temp dials
5. pax side under dash cover
6. towing eye (if you DON'T have OEM factory installed tow pkg)
Towing Eye Location (If Equipped) E265227 The towing eye is in the spare wheel storage tray. If your vehicle does not have a towing eye, one can be purchased at your dealer. Note: You must carry the towing eye in your vehicle at all times. Pg 266 of 2022 owners manual

Last edited:
OP
OP

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

1. engine cover
6. towing eye
Towing Eye Location (If Equipped) E265227 The towing eye is in the spare wheel storage tray. If your vehicle does not have a towing eye, one can be purchased at your dealer. Note: You must carry the towing eye in your vehicle at all times. Pg 266 of 2022 owners manual
Forgot to check for the towing eye. Should probably go look for that….thanks for the reminder.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray

1. engine cover
6. towing eye
No towing eye in mine .

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 3030C3F4-4075-4482-B773-BD6ABAC733B6

OP
OP

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sucked it up and bought a replacement off eBay. If ford ends up giving me a replacement I guess I’ll just have a backup for when I break one of the tabs at some point ?

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
I just checked and it's missing off my BL. From the mating screw holes and tabs a panel is obviously designed to go there.

So what's our strategy for getting it replaced? Anyone know the part number?

Here's some good pics of that missing panel, thanks to @Ultraspaz
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/interior-fuse-block-access.1627/post-30884

Last edited:

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
This cover is not on my Badlands. I checked: The wife's 2020 Escape has one.
Is yours a '22? This is looking similar to the missing engine cover issue where earlier builds had it.

tifpwg

Outer Banks
First Name
Tif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. DE1D7D32-E333-46AC-A51A-7160D533020E
Seriously?! This is getting ridiculous... did the price of the BS go down with all of these "discontinued" parts? I think not!!

OP
OP

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s interesting it’s actually insulated on the opposite side of the cover. Visually it’s neither here nor there as I didn’t even notice. But there’s wiring harnesses in there and I wouldn’t want one of my kids to accidentally kick one and break it.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
6. towing eye
Forgot to check for the towing eye. Should probably go look for that….thanks for the reminder.
No towing eye in mine .

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else missing the panel under the dash above the passenger side fuse box where the floor air ducts are. 3030C3F4-4075-4482-B773-BD6ABAC733B6
Rear tow recovery point is not missing, if you have a factory trailer hitch it blocks the recovery point.
Sponsored