Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I wouldn’t let it get to you. These people remind me of the (probably) 16-year olds who comment on almost every car review about how the 10-year old Honda Civic or some other “hot hatch” they might own one day is a million times better.

The Bronco Sport has received a lot of very good reviews. It appears to be an objectively good vehicle.

Also, what kind of Ford representative goes around calling peoples Fords a POS?
Exactly !

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else....maybe me? Tired of Bronco owners knocking on the Bronco Sport 203A6915-7B65-43A6-98D1-675FF82BEDD3

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else....maybe me? Tired of Bronco owners knocking on the Bronco Sport 8643FFC3-C741-4C0B-BCCA-3004D66C3061

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else....maybe me? Tired of Bronco owners knocking on the Bronco Sport 8ADD3D4B-EE92-4D59-BA37-566C6508278E
Sponsored

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
Only thing that annoys me are BS owners that think they have true off road vehicles.
What is the definition of a "True Off Roader."

Before you respond, it's a rhetorical question. There is no definition to a "true off roader." That's a meaningless term to which everyone creates their own definition.

The full-sized Bronco has over 11.6" of ground clearance while the BS Badlands has 8.8" ground clearance. Those almost 3 inches are huge.

The Bronco has 8.46" wheel travel while the Bronco Sport only has 7.4 inches of ground clearance.

Ground clearance and wheel travel are directly associated with off-roading capabilities, so the Bronco Sport is not in the same league as the Bronco.

On the other hand, I've owned a "true off roader" with 17" of ground clearance (stock) and over 14" of wheel travel (stock). It was also built with the expectation that it not be used on pavement, and so was arguably a true "true off-roader" that would put an on-roader SUV like the Bronco to shame off-road.

Point being, both the Bronco and Bronco Sport are built for on-road use, and so neither are "true off roaders". But undoubtedly, the Bronco is a more capable vehicle off the pavement vs. the BS.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
What is the definition of a "True Off Roader."

Before you respond, it's a rhetorical question. There is no definition to a "true off roader." That's a meaningless term to which everyone creates their own definition.

The full-sized Bronco has over 11.6" of ground clearance while the BS Badlands has 8.8" ground clearance. Those almost 3 inches are huge.

The Bronco has 8.46" wheel travel while the Bronco Sport only has 7.4 inches of ground clearance.

Ground clearance and wheel travel are directly associated with off-roading capabilities, so the Bronco Sport is not in the same league as the Bronco.

On the other hand, I've owned a "true off roader" with 17" of ground clearance (stock) and over 14" of wheel travel (stock). It was also built with the expectation that it not be used on pavement, and so was arguably a true "true off-roader" that would put an on-roader SUV like the Bronco to shame off-road.

Point being, both the Bronco and Bronco Sport are built for on-road use, and so neither are "true off roaders". But undoubtedly, the Bronco is a more capable vehicle off the pavement vs. the BS.
What did you have? Tomcar?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
An acquaintance of his was also there who was an employee at a Ford dealer, said to me that my 22 Badlands is a P.O.S. and not a real truck.
With all due respect, his Acquaintance is an idiot for thinking ANY Bronco is a truck....

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Depending on my mood, I might have pointed out the reliability issues with the Bronco (dropping valves, fuel pumps dieing, the low mounted alternator that gets killed by water crossings and infotainment screens that go black with parts on permanent backorder). Maybe with a "are you worried about being left on the side of the road or trail ? You should be. "

I also might have just called that Ford dealer and tell them their employee is telling their potential customers that Ford sells POS vehicles.

Last edited:

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Opinions are like elbows. Most everyone has a couple. If you are happy with your BS, that's about all that matters. (Except for the mentioned Ford employee, he needs to go work for Yugo).

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
As someone who originally wanted a full size Bronco I have no regrets regarding BS Badland purchase. That being said, I have to say one of the things that actually turned me off from the full size Bronco is it's fuel economy. I know you don't buy those vehicles for fuel economy but man when gas here in Los Angeles was hitting $7 a gallon and I always run premium that kind of took the full size Bronco out of the equation, not to mention the year and a half wait to get one with a hard top.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Saw a Bronco a a dealership a couple of months ago with something I never saw before with an ICE. City mileage greater than highway.

Mentioned it to a salesman. He looked at the sticker, commenting that it's a brick, very non-aerodynamic, a statement vehicle.

I do a 1,500-mile trip at least five times a year. 17 mpg? Nope.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
As someone who has a 2 door on order and has driven several of them including one off road. I can say there really is no comparison between the two other than the first name. That being said, the Sport is a great little vehicle. I was off road quite a bit this past week and actually got my best gas mileage. I’m not much of a light foot on the road but have driven off road for many decades so slow and easy gets you back home with minimal repairs.

If someone diss’s your Sport, offer to let them drive it. My son has a FJ and couldn’t believe how well the Sport handled off road. It’s not going on any of the deep rutted trails or any of the big rock obstacles out west, but for bumming around on forest roads, winter passes, or the beach, this is just fine.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Haven't had this experience. Bronco and classic Bronco owners are accepting and interested in my Sport. I'm another buyer that shopped Bronco 1st but couldn't deal with the wait, cost and focus of the car. Bronco Sport fits my needs better. That's all that should matter.

I have to at least partially agree with a few people upthread. There are some BS owners that don't want to acknowledge the inherit limitations of the design. It's impressive technology assembled into one machine, but it will never be a Wrangler even if you spend another $30,000 to make it Wrangler priced.

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
Anybody else tired of full size Bronco owners knocking down the BS? I hear it all the time, but I was out yesterday, and I have a friend who has a 22 Bronco Outer Banks with Sasquatch. An acquaintance of his was also there who was an employee at a Ford dealer, said to me that my 22 Badlands is a P.O.S. and not a real truck.

This is not the first time, but this is starting to make me irritated. I did not get the full size Bronco for many reasons, but the main one is I don't need it. I rarely go off road, so there is no reason for me to own a truck that size and off road capable.

I love my BS Badlands, it is perfect for what I need, which is a truck that can carry a good amount of cargo and be comfortable driving around town.

I wanted to bring up all the awards that the BS had received that the Bronco hasn't, especially that Consumer Reports does not like the Bronco, but loves the BS (https://www.motorbiscuit.com/consumer-reports-hates-2022-ford-bronco-loves-ford-bronco-sport/), but it is not worth my breath. (although I guess it is worth my typing).

Anyway I a just venting. The way I look at it is this. To me, the Bronco is like a tank, and the BS is like a Jeep (using the military as an example). Are you comfortable driving a tank on the road?

Sorry for the rant. I had to get it out.
I had a 4 dr Bronco Badlands with SAS. I sold it and got a BS Badlands. I like the BS better. I have a 2 door Bronco Badlands with SAS on order. We will see how I like that if it ever gets here. Dont listen to anyone else. If your happy that's all that matters.
Sponsored