Anyone else bothered by loud double horn honk?

mrdale14424

Heritage
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport Heritage (base)
I can't stand the loud double horn honk that results from leaving the driver's seat while the Sport is running while I go get something in the garage. My wife thinks that I'm signalling her for something and the horn is beyond loud for this. Even out in the drive it's as I'm calling to the neighbors with my horn.

Today I found out that opening & closing the passenger door will result in the same thing! My dealer's service dept. says there's nothing to silence this "feature".
Yes, it's a safety thing but other vehicles aren't obnoxious about it. My wife's Honda Pilot has a gentile bell warning of the same.

This bother you, too?

Another irritant is the turn signal; sounds cheap & louder than necessary; anyone else?

Any ideas to fix these "features"?
Thanks for your comments!
Sponsored

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Yes the double honk Sucks, even if you leave the freakin key in it still does it.

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I can't stand the loud double horn honk that results from leaving the driver's seat while the Sport is running while I go get something in the garage. My wife thinks that I'm signalling her for something and the horn is beyond loud for this. Even out in the drive it's as I'm calling to the neighbors with my horn.

Today I found out that opening & closing the passenger door will result in the same thing! My dealer's service dept. says there's nothing to silence this "feature".
Yes, it's a safety thing but other vehicles aren't obnoxious about it. My wife's Honda Pilot has a gentile bell warning of the same.

This bother you, too?

Another irritant is the turn signal; sounds cheap & louder than necessary; anyone else?

I just got my Bronco Sport on Wednesday are you talking about when you leave the vehicle with the keys with you and it's running?If so i noticed it did that a couple times mine does it so i have been trying to leave the keys in it then it doesn't do it!!

OP
OP

mrdale14424

Heritage
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Double honk can be removed with FORScan at least for the specific double honk in the FORScan thread.

Specifically this one:

2. Eliminate double honk when locking vehicle using keyfob

But maybe you are referring to a different double honk case.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/bronco-forscan-thread.844/page-16
I'm referring to with the engine running and you get out of your Sport to get something, clean the windshield or even to go around to open the passenger door; things like that. And you get the LOUD two honk!

OP
OP

mrdale14424

Heritage
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got my Bronco Sport on Wednesday are you talking about when you leave the vehicle with the keys with you and it's running?If so i noticed it did that a couple times mine does it so i have been trying to leave the keys in it then it doesn't do it!!
I'll try that tommorrow; hopefully that works.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
You can just leave your door open as well to keep it from honking. But the Forscan is easiest way to remove it. Yes, your dealer could disable it but I doubt they would since the mothership wants it there!

Last edited:

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm not really phased by it. Granted, if I need to swap the cars in the driveway without making too much noise, I'll keep the fobs in each vehicle to prevent the double honk but to be honest, it's not a big deal. For me it's a good way to know that the fob is on my person and the car is just letting me know that.

fordvideoguy

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F-150

This bother you, too?

Leave your door open or your keys in it. The horn honks when it's running and the key is outside car with doors shut.

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
I disabled that in FORscan. That alone was worth the price of the cable. No more auto stop was the icing on the cake.
How did you disable the auto stop in Forescan?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Mine double honks sometimes after I turn it off and open the door. Idk why…
Sponsored