RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
As said earlier, there is bashing in pretty much every Facebook group about "lesser" trims or models. I had a V6 Challenger and Charger in the past, and always got heat for it from the V8 guys. Had a Ram 1500, always got heat from the 2500/3500 guys. Had a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk with the 2.4L, always got heat from the 3.2L guys.

It's the same everywhere, unfortunately. I was a member on a FB group for awhile, but got frustrated seeing everyone with the 1.5L BS get attacked/told they made a bad purchase for not getting the 2.0L. I'm a member of a Bronco group, and see daily comments about BS not being a Bronco or being an "Escape with an Otterbox". I've just come to accept that there are people online that just don't care how comments affect some people.

I enjoy my BSBB. Do I wish I had the higher trimmed OBX? Sure. Would I trade in just for those "niceties"? Nah. As an added note, I don't mind the 1.5L at all, and definitely appreciate my 35mpg on the highway/33mpg average.
Full size Bronco owners are abused children...abused by "real" 4 x 4 owners - you know, Jeep owners. Bullies always pick on smaller classmates.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Full size Bronco owners are abused children...abused by "real" 4 x 4 owners - you know, Jeep owners. Bullies always pick on smaller classmates.
If I was a hardcore off roader, I would definitely buy a Wrangler.

Austin704

Badlands
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I wanted a full-sized Bronco but ultimately decided 1) I would never come close to using its full capability 2) most of my desire was ego-driven and 3) the gas mileage penalty is too steep. I also like the smaller footprint and maneuverability of the BS.

I can go to 90 percent or more of the places a full size Bronco can go and frankly I’d rather not tear up my vehicle trying for the last 10 percent. That’s really what the Bronco is about—the last 10 percent.

Of course there are hard-core off roading Bronco owners out there who absolutely need the full capability of their machine. But I’ll bet many if not most Bronco owners will never test the limits of their vehicle. Most Bronco owners would find that a Bronco Sport is more than enough for what they actually do. But their egos won’t let them buy a mere crossover SUV because that’s just not cool enough.

It takes some courage for a person to drive a less-capable vehicle and admit that he doesn’t really need more. And it takes maturity and wisdom for experienced off roaders to appreciate that while the Sport is not built to take on the last 10 percent, it does a damn fine job handling the other 90 percent. Sadly, it seems there aren’t enough of those people around.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I wanted a full-sized Bronco but ultimately decided 1) I would never come close to using its full capability 2) most of my desire was ego-driven and 3) the gas mileage penalty is too steep. I also like the smaller footprint and maneuverability of the BS.

I can go to 90 percent or more of the places a full size Bronco can go and frankly I’d rather not tear up my vehicle trying for the last 10 percent. That’s really what the Bronco is about—the last 10 percent.

Of course there are hard-core off roading Bronco owners out there who absolutely need the full capability of their machine. But I’ll bet many if not most Bronco owners will never test the limits of their vehicle. Most Bronco owners would find that a Bronco Sport is more than enough for what they actually do. But their egos won’t let them buy a mere crossover SUV because that’s just not cool enough.

It takes some courage for a person to drive a less-capable vehicle and admit that he doesn’t really need more. And it takes maturity and wisdom for experienced off roaders to appreciate that while the Sport is not built to take on the last 10 percent, it does a damn fine job handling the other 90 percent. Sadly, it seems there aren’t enough of those people around.
Well said.

I definitely want to move to a Big Bronco at some point, but just can't justify it financially right now. I also love road tripping in the BS. It's a very comfortable car to travel in for my wife and I plus the dog. Driving across the country in it last year made me love the car more than I had before. It gets us everywhere we need to go.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
It's the same everywhere, unfortunately. I was a member on a FB group for awhile, but got frustrated seeing everyone with the 1.5L BS get attacked/told they made a bad purchase for not getting the 2.0L. I'm a member of a Bronco group, and see daily comments about BS not being a Bronco or being an "Escape with an Otterbox". I've just come to accept that there are people online that just don't care how comments affect some people.

I enjoy my BSBB. Do I wish I had the higher trimmed OBX? Sure. Would I trade in just for those "niceties"? Nah. As an added note, I don't mind the 1.5L at all, and definitely appreciate my 35mpg on the highway/33mpg average.
As a Big Bend owner, it does get a little old hearing how much better the Badlands is. Yeah, better engine. But I've been fine with my 1.5L. It's about the same or more hp I've had in all my cars. As for the capabilities, I'm getting along just fine with my needs. I live in South Texas and there isn't really anything exciting down here.

The Big Bend did get me into a hobby I think. Whatever hobby this is. I don't know if it's called overlanding, off-roading, exploring, or whatever. I think as I do that over the next few years, I'll decide if I need a more capable vehicle or not. Who knows, I might be fine getting along with a Passport or CR-V.

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
As a Big Bend owner, it does get a little old hearing how much better the Badlands is. Yeah, better engine. But I've been fine with my 1.5L. It's about the same or more hp I've had in all my cars. As for the capabilities, I'm getting along just fine with my needs. I live in South Texas and there isn't really anything exciting down here.

The Big Bend did get me into a hobby I think. Whatever hobby this is. I don't know if it's called overlanding, off-roading, exploring, or whatever. I think as I do that over the next few years, I'll decide if I need a more capable vehicle or not. Who knows, I might be fine getting along with a Passport or CR-V.
Try a Pedal Max on your 1.5 Eco Boost Big Bend and it will put a Big Smile on your face and you'll not even think about the 2.0 Eco Boost in the Badlands!!

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3