21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Yup my audio constantly cuts out and Bluetooth disconnects. Sometimes Bluetooth disconnects and it won’t reconnect until I shut off the vehicle. Any fixes for this yet?
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yup my audio constantly cuts out and Bluetooth disconnects. Sometimes Bluetooth disconnects and it won’t reconnect until I shut off the vehicle. Any fixes for this yet?
I haven't experienced this issue with my Badlands yet, but we've owned vehicles with Sync 3 for several years now. We generally use Android Auto, so the phone remains connected with a cable.

So far we've been able to solve a variety of bad behaviors with Sync 3 by performing a master reset of the Sync system along with uninstall/reinstall Android Auto on the phones. Make sure you delete the cache partition on your phone before reinstalling Android Auto. Also make sure you connect the phone via Bluetooth prior to connecting with the cable and enabling Android Auto.

In one case in the past we had to reset the network settings on the phone in addition to deleting/reinstalling Android Auto. If you're not using Android Auto you might try resetting Sync and resetting the network settings on your phone. Note that you'll have to reconnect all WiFi and Bluetooth devices when you do this.

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This used to happen ALL. THE. TIME. when I first got mine. I have a 21 Badlands with the premium Soundsystem (which isn't all that great in my opinion). I think about the 6 month mark or so it greatly reduced in frequency. I'm not sure exactly what changed. There have been a couple upgrades to the Sync system and I've gotten a new much faster phone. It would happen on all sources I listened to- Android Auto, USB, and FM. I thought perhaps my slow phone was somehow causing it since I always had it plugged in with Waze on but I don't know. I wish I could tell you exactly what improved it but you're not the only one with this problem.

jsus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm
Noticed this here as well. It's like a split-second of audio just doesn't make it to the speakers rather than the audio source (YouTube Music, Google Podcasts via Android Auto) pausing for a split second. I've noticed it several times and don't recall it from the last vehicle I had with Sync 3, or a 2020 Escape rental with the same Sync 3.4 system in December. Unless I'm just not remembering the other cars doing it.

OP
OP
jakeguitar01

jakeguitar01

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had this issue that I am facing now. Whenever I listen to music through my radio, FM, Sirus XM, Android Auto, Bluetooth, Etc, the audio will intermittently cut out for a split second. There is no regular period to it happening, sometimes it happens every 5 minutes, other times 20 minutes, other times not at all throughout the entire ride. I have some footage from my dashcam which records audio of when it happens. It happens at about 3 seconds in and about 8 seconds in. I took it to the dealership and they said that they were going to order a new APIM module for it. I hope that fixes the issue! It is super annoying to have the audio cut out randomly while jamming out. Please reach out if you have had similar issues to this, I am curious if I am the only one.

So the APIM module was finally replaced this week. The problem still persists... It's at the dealer again for some more diagnostics. I have a feeling it has something to do with either the actual radio amplifier unit, or wiring somewhere. Probably the unit. Will keep all of you posted.

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I haven't experienced this issue with my Badlands yet, but we've owned vehicles with Sync 3 for several years now. We generally use Android Auto, so the phone remains connected with a cable.

So far we've been able to solve a variety of bad behaviors with Sync 3 by performing a master reset of the Sync system along with uninstall/reinstall Android Auto on the phones. Make sure you delete the cache partition on your phone before reinstalling Android Auto. Also make sure you connect the phone via Bluetooth prior to connecting with the cable and enabling Android Auto.

In one case in the past we had to reset the network settings on the phone in addition to deleting/reinstalling Android Auto. If you're not using Android Auto you might try resetting Sync and resetting the network settings on your phone. Note that you'll have to reconnect all WiFi and Bluetooth devices when you do this.
I don’t have android I use an iPhone and it’s never connected with a cable. I only use Bluetooth to listen to music, podcasts, YouTube etc. how do you perform a master reset on sync 3? Is it in the settings somewhere? Thanks.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t have android I use an iPhone and it’s never connected with a cable. I only use Bluetooth to listen to music, podcasts, YouTube etc. how do you perform a master reset on sync 3? Is it in the settings somewhere? Thanks.
Yes. Touch Settings->General. It's either the screen for "updates" or "about."

Since you're still having the issue after the shop installed a new APIM a SYNC reset likely won't be enough. You might consider clearing the Bluetooth cache on your phone:

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-clear-bluetooth-cache

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Since you're still having the issue after the shop installed a new APIM a SYNC reset likely won't be enough. You might consider clearing the Bluetooth cache on your phone:

[/QUOTE
Do not reset using that method.

To do a soft reset: hold down the center button of the volume knob and the fast forward button until the screen turns black and release.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Is everyone that is having issues using Android Auto?

I use Apple Car Play with no issues.

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport

I haven’t had the APIM replaced that was the other person. I will try the reset and report back. Thanks

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do not reset using that method.

To do a soft reset: hold down the center button of the volume knob and the fast forward button until the screen turns black and release.
I think we're talking about resetting different devices. The link to the article at Business Insider is about resetting the Bluetooth cache on mobile phones. I think you're talking about resetting the LCD screen in the car.

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Noticed this here as well. It's like a split-second of audio just doesn't make it to the speakers rather than the audio source (YouTube Music, Google Podcasts via Android Auto) pausing for a split second. I've noticed it several times and don't recall it from the last vehicle I had with Sync 3, or a 2020 Escape rental with the same Sync 3.4 system in December. Unless I'm just not remembering the other cars doing it.
I wanted to mention this is a problem I've noticed also and you perfectly described how it sounds for me as well. I bought my car a week ago and custom ordered it. 2022 Badlands with the B&O package.

BADLANDSBEAT

Badlands
First Name
BERNIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONC SPORT BADLANDS
I have a 2021 Badlands with all the options, B&O system, I have done all the updates myself & have had the same issue, what I have noticed is while using android auto & Traveling town to town the cell tower change over from signal to signal is causing the momentary drop.

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport

I did the master reset and all is good now. Haven’t had any issues of Bluetooth audio cutting out or phone disconnecting. Thanks.
Sponsored