jakeguitar01

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had this issue that I am facing now. Whenever I listen to music through my radio, FM, Sirus XM, Android Auto, Bluetooth, Etc, the audio will intermittently cut out for a split second. There is no regular period to it happening, sometimes it happens every 5 minutes, other times 20 minutes, other times not at all throughout the entire ride. I have some footage from my dashcam which records audio of when it happens. It happens at about 3 seconds in and about 8 seconds in. I took it to the dealership and they said that they were going to order a new APIM module for it. I hope that fixes the issue! It is super annoying to have the audio cut out randomly while jamming out. Please reach out if you have had similar issues to this, I am curious if I am the only one.

Sponsored

bobdod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Cyber Orange
Is it at 'high' volumes? I've seen it happen where basically an 'amp' is going into protection mode to protect speakers. Since it's all the speakers, it seems that it's definitely in the main head unit - replacing that should fix it.

Do you have the standard system or the B&O upgraded audio?

OP
OP
jakeguitar01

jakeguitar01

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Is it at 'high' volumes? I've seen it happen where basically an 'amp' is going into protection mode to protect speakers. Since it's all the speakers, it seems that it's definitely in the main head unit - replacing that should fix it.

Do you have the standard system or the B&O upgraded audio?
Happens at all volumes, High and low volumes. Definitely not blasting the sound in the car when this happened. Maybe at 15 on the head unit (half volume). I have the standard sound system (6-speaker). And yes, it is all of the speakers at once. I upgraded my speakers, however, this was happening before and after I upgraded them.

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had this issue that I am facing now. Whenever I listen to music through my radio, FM, Sirus XM, Android Auto, Bluetooth, Etc, the audio will intermittently cut out for a split second. There is no regular period to it happening, sometimes it happens every 5 minutes, other times 20 minutes, other times not at all throughout the entire ride. I have some footage from my dashcam which records audio of when it happens. It happens at about 3 seconds in and about 8 seconds in. I took it to the dealership and they said that they were going to order a new APIM module for it. I hope that fixes the issue! It is super annoying to have the audio cut out randomly while jamming out. Please reach out if you have had similar issues to this, I am curious if I am the only one.

After watching your video I can confirm that the same thing happens to me. I haven't thought much of it when it happens but I do find it weird. I'm curious what you find out from the dealer fix. I have the standard stereo. (which is rather underwhelming to begin with).

OP
OP
jakeguitar01

jakeguitar01

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
After watching your video I can confirm that the same thing happens to me. I haven't thought much of it when it happens but I do find it weird. I'm curious what you find out from the dealer fix. I have the standard stereo. (which is rather underwhelming to begin with).
Huh... So it is not only me. According to the dealership, they were trying to push an update to SYNC and it failed so they are ordering a new APIM module, which is the SYNC computer module itself. I hope that it fixes things because it is very annoying while listening to music to get the dropouts.

I can confirm that upgrading the speakers in the car makes a world of difference and I really enjoy the sound in there now. I put in Infinity Reference REF-6532ex in all for doors and a pair of infinity Reference REF-375TX tweeters in the dash. No amp upgrade or sub installed either.

Troy

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have definitely noticed this when I had my Outer Banks with reg sound system, and was very annoying to me. Now I have a Badlands with the upgraded speakers, and I have heard it happen a couple of times, but not nearly as often as the OB

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Huh... So it is not only me. According to the dealership, they were trying to push an update to SYNC and it failed so they are ordering a new APIM module, which is the SYNC computer module itself. I hope that it fixes things because it is very annoying while listening to music to get the dropouts.

I can confirm that upgrading the speakers in the car makes a world of difference and I really enjoy the sound in there now. I put in Infinity Reference REF-6532ex in all for doors and a pair of infinity Reference REF-375TX tweeters in the dash. No amp upgrade or sub installed either.

I'm so used to Sirius cutouts from my last car that I wasn't too phased but I was curious when Bluetooth or regular radio would cut out. Plus I've only had the car since Dec. 1st so I'm still getting used to everything. I'll pay more attention to it now. Just curious what your build date was. Mine was Oct. 13th, '21.

OP
OP
jakeguitar01

jakeguitar01

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I'm so used to Sirius cutouts from my last car that I wasn't too phased but I was curious when Bluetooth or regular radio would cut out. Plus I've only had the car since Dec. 1st so I'm still getting used to everything. I'll pay more attention to it now. Just curious what your build date was. Mine was Oct. 13th, '21.
I am Not 100% sure of my build date, but I must've been some time in April or May of 2021, since I took delivery in June.

kanine

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Mustang GT
I have the same issue too when listening to Sirius XM or through music connected from my phone. Doesn't seem to happen on regular radio.

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am Not 100% sure of my build date, but I must've been some time in April or May of 2021, since I took delivery in June.

So I guess it doesn't matter if it's an earlier build or later build.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I mostly listen through Android Auto and had noticed occasional audio hiccups like that too. I attributed that to wire connection issue but I guess it may not be it. I have Badlands with upgraded speakers.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I get this when my phone is wired to the system thorough the USB cable.

It happens when my phone gets a notification, text msg, YouTube alert, etc.

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
I've only had this happen when using the Bluetooth on my phone, and using Spotify as the audio app. It would hickup on ocassion and is pretty annoying. I'm thinking it may be an issue with Spotify cause it did the same thing in my truck recently which I don't remember ever happining in the past.

Other than that, music and radio seems to play fine, with the occasional satellite cut out if I'm traveling around some tall trees. :)

Last edited:

aternal

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have this same problem! With both wireless Bluetooth Spotify or Wired Android Auto Spotify. It's rare but it does happen where it will like skip and repeat like 1 second of audio. I can ignore it, but it's a little embarrassing when you have passengers in your brand new vehicle.

I have a 2022 so if it's a part in the vehicle then it hasn't been fixed yet. If it's Spotify then we can report the problem and maybe it'll get updated.
Sponsored