Audio Cuts out for Split Second while listening to music

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Interesting how often it happens to you. I have it more in the once every 10 min range, but I use a USB stick of music rather than CarPlay. I need to turn off all diagnostic/analytic functions and give it a try.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Happens to me as well. Nothing to do with volume. Happens on my USB playing mp3s direct and streaming Bluetooth on multiple services.
Good morning! I'd like to take a look into your Bronco's audio concern on my end, could you send us a private message with your VIN and local Ford dealer?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a heads up that Ford Customer Support called me and opened a case for this. The more people that report this the better.

Today I turned off all of the settings that report information to Ford over the airwaves. I will report back if this changes anything.

Bronco_Bliss

Badlands
First Name
Bliss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Just a heads up that Ford Customer Support called me and opened a case for this. The more people that report this the better.

Today I turned off all of the settings that report information to Ford over the airwaves. I will report back if this changes anything.
Notice any difference once diagnostic/data sharing is turned off?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Notice any difference once diagnostic/data sharing is turned off?
Yes, absolutely. I went to Settings->FordPass Connect->Connectivity Settings (I think that’s the name,there is only that and Vehicle Hotspot). I turned off everything on that page. Problem goes away. It seems like all I lost is FordPass access to control by BS. All Fob remote features work fine which is all I use.

Last night I turned on the first switch only. Now I’ll test that for a few days.

Bron Swanson

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Yes, absolutely. I went to Settings->FordPass Connect->Connectivity Settings (I think that’s the name,there is only that and Vehicle Hotspot). I turned off everything on that page. Problem goes away. It seems like all I lost is FordPass access to control by BS. All Fob remote features work fine which is all I use.

Last night I turned on the first switch only. Now I’ll test that for a few days.
Thank you for the update!
Interesting how often it happens to you. I have it more in the once every 10 min range, but I use a USB stick of music rather than CarPlay. I need to turn off all diagnostic/analytic functions and give it a try.
Do you drive mostly city, or perhaps some longer stretches?

Once a month or so I drive between OH and KY, and the skips happen way less often when I am on the highway versus in town. When the skips do actually happen on those longer drives, I am always able to see a cell phone tower nearby...which points right back to the data/diagnostic sharing issues I would think.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the update!

Do you drive mostly city, or perhaps some longer stretches?

Once a month or so I drive between OH and KY, and the skips happen way less often when I am on the highway versus in town. When the skips do actually happen on those longer drives, I am always able to see a cell phone tower nearby...which points right back to the data/diagnostic sharing issues I would think.
Interesting thought. Local trips, but I live on an island with only two towers and I drive in and out of dead zones.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

magicbus .. just a question .. do you use the vehicles AT&T hotspot? Or do you connect your bronco sport to your phones Hotspot for WiFi? (There are SYNC Analytics & Diagnostics on the General Screen but Ford says those are only sent when the vehicle is connected to WiFi).
I disabled the Analytics & Diagnostics and I have the FordPass Connectivity Settings enabled & Insurance-Related Data disabled. No music dropout issues.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
magicbus .. just a question .. do you use the vehicles AT&T hotspot? Or do you connect your bronco sport to your phones Hotspot for WiFi? (There are SYNC Analytics & Diagnostics on the General Screen but Ford says those are only sent when the vehicle is connected to WiFi).
I disabled the Analytics & Diagnostics and I have the FordPass Connectivity Settings enabled & Insurance-Related Data disabled. No music dropout issues.
I don’t use the BS WiFi, I just let my phone drift to its data plan. I started with all FordPass connectivity except for insurance-related and had the drop-out. Location Services and Vehicle Remote Control must use the internal AT&T modem and when I turn them off the problem goes away

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t use the BS WiFi, I just let my phone drift to its data plan. I started with all FordPass connectivity except for insurance-related and had the drop-out. Location Services and Vehicle Remote Control must use the internal AT&T modem and when I turn them off the problem goes away
Yeah it does say it uses the vehicles data connection (and says it uses WiFi for “certain updates”). It’s interesting that your vehicle (and others with the dropout issue) seemingly sends enough data to interfere with your USB stick music and with others various types of audio) if you are correct that FordPass connectivity is the reason for the dropout in certain bronco sports. Does it also happen with SYNC 3.4 22200 for you? (assuming you’ve had time to update)

Last edited:

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it does say it uses the vehicles data connection (and says it uses WiFi for “certain updates”). It’s interesting that your vehicle (and others with the dropout issue) seemingly sends enough data to interfere with your USB stick music and with others various types of audio) if you are correct that FordPass connectivity is the reason for the dropout in certain bronco sports. Does it also happen with SYNC 3.4 22200 for you? (assuming you’ve had time to update)
I haven’t had time to update yet. I’m one of those who just get a spinning circle when checking for updates. I get the same thing on my wife’s Explorer. I will have to download the update to a USB and try that method.

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I turned SYNC Analytics and SYNC Diagnostic back off and did notice a difference. Audio cuts out less. Before I wasn’t able to use the FordPass App so I had turned them back on but seems like they released an update and I am able to remote start my vehicle with those turned off now.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I’m still getting this. Doesn’t matter what’s turned on or off it still stutters. Even updated via USB to newest firmware. Think I’ve said this before, but sounds like a memory issue. Older android headunits used to do the same thing because they didn’t have enough memory to run music and all the background stuff together. Like a refresh hiccup. I’m also waiting on a new head unit because of a bunch of other issues. Maybe that’ll fix it. Will know in a few months if that fixes it when Ford actually has parts.

Walterros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hate to revive an old thread, but I'm experiencing this issue with my '23 Badlands. Any luck with taking it to the dealer? Just trying to figure out if the issue is the sound system, the head unit, or something else...

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hate to revive an old thread, but I'm experiencing this issue with my '23 Badlands. Any luck with taking it to the dealer? Just trying to figure out if the issue is the sound system, the head unit, or something else...
Android or iPhone? The solutions are different
Sponsored