jakeguitar01

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I get this when my phone is wired to the system through the USB cable.

It happens when my phone gets a notification, text msg, YouTube alert, etc.
Hmmm... I wonder if I push a notification to my phone while it is playing music, will it happen? I never noticed any correlation when I get texts because they usually show up on screen without interruption, but may it is background notifications that do not get pushed to the SYNC screen, like from YouTube or Snapchat, etc. I will look into that. I have tried different wires too, no difference. I will soon be getting Carsfi in the mail from Kickstarter, for a wireless Android Auto experience. That might clear up if it is a faulty cable/possibly jack in my phone.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jakeguitar01

jakeguitar01

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have this same problem! With both wireless Bluetooth Spotify or Wired Android Auto Spotify. It's rare but it does happen where it will like skip and repeat like 1 second of audio. I can ignore it, but it's a little embarrassing when you have passengers in your brand new vehicle.

I have a 2022 so if it's a part in the vehicle then it hasn't been fixed yet. If it's Spotify then we can report the problem and maybe it'll get updated.
Maybe try listening to another streaming service, like Amazon music to see if it happens? And it may be a Spotify issue too. I feel that will be hard to test unless other streaming services are not having the same issue.

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Happens to me as well. Nothing to do with volume. Happens on my USB playing mp3s direct and streaming Bluetooth on multiple services.

aternal

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Maybe try listening to another streaming service, like Amazon music to see if it happens? And it may be a Spotify issue too. I feel that will be hard to test unless other streaming services are not having the same issue.
I was listening to YouTube on a long drive yesterday and I noticed the cut off as well, so it's probably something with the BS. Very annoying, maybe if enough people report the problem with like dashcam footage like you have Ford will fix it

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
If it's Spotify then we can report the problem and maybe it'll get updated.
It's definitely not limited to just Spotify for me.

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had this issue that I am facing now. Whenever I listen to music through my radio, FM, Sirus XM, Android Auto, Bluetooth, Etc, the audio will intermittently cut out for a split second. There is no regular period to it happening, sometimes it happens every 5 minutes, other times 20 minutes, other times not at all throughout the entire ride. I have some footage from my dashcam which records audio of when it happens. It happens at about 3 seconds in and about 8 seconds in. I took it to the dealership and they said that they were going to order a new APIM module for it. I hope that fixes the issue! It is super annoying to have the audio cut out randomly while jamming out. Please reach out if you have had similar issues to this, I am curious if I am the only one.

This happens to me as well. I've got the upgraded B&O system and assumed it's just my phone hopping from one tower to another. I've got Google Fi so it can use a different provider depending on signal strength.

I also noticed my center dash speaker fuzzing out when I get a phone notification. I'll probably have to get that replaced before I trade it in for my custom order.

Phillip-AB

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It happens to me too in my 2021 BS Badlands with the B&O sound system. The radio works fine but I’ve noticed the intermittent split-second dropout while listening to Sirius or anything coming through my iPhone. When it happens, it happens once within the first few seconds of my turning on the system. Then the issues disappears for the rest of my drive.

gcallen

Big Bend
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I've had the same thing happen in my 2022. Keep us updated on whether the new APIM fixes it!

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had this issue that I am facing now. Whenever I listen to music through my radio, FM, Sirus XM, Android Auto, Bluetooth, Etc, the audio will intermittently cut out for a split second. There is no regular period to it happening, sometimes it happens every 5 minutes, other times 20 minutes, other times not at all throughout the entire ride. I have some footage from my dashcam which records audio of when it happens. It happens at about 3 seconds in and about 8 seconds in. I took it to the dealership and they said that they were going to order a new APIM module for it. I hope that fixes the issue! It is super annoying to have the audio cut out randomly while jamming out. Please reach out if you have had similar issues to this, I am curious if I am the only one.

It happens on the Sirius XM a lot. I have not had it happen on AM or FM.

Rapids

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This happens to me too. 21 Big Bend. No upgrades. I keep joking with my wife that the CD skipped again. But I stream downloaded music from my phone. Only happens in the car. Does not happen with any thing else I connect to. Definitely the car system.

Troy

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have had an OB and a BL now. Both vehicles have done it. Given the amount of people on here experiencing the same thing, its safe to say this is across all BS's. It is not a notification thing, its much shorter than a notification and sound is fully off (for about 1/4 of a second?) compared to a (full second?) and only lowered volume. Its hard to believe that Ford has not addressed this issue yet...

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I got that

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
You could start listening to djent exclusively and then you might not notice it as much.

In all seriousness that is super annoying and a little worrying since I'm still waiting on my vehicle. Hope you get it fixed.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
We've been listening to Sirius and iHeart radio on our '22 BL and have not had this problem yet. One thing to note is ours does not have the upgraded sound system.
Sponsored