Would you choose Bronco 4 doors or Bronco sport?

RyanT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Lets see
  • Bronco Sport
    • everyday usefulness
    • practicality easier to park, maneuver in town
    • capability on and off road for adventures
    • Fuel economy overall 2.0 EcoBoost vs V6
    • Price point
  • Bronco
    • More Extreme Trail riding - adventures
    • Off road capability
    • V6 EcoBoost engine
    • "cool" factor

Sport would be my choice as the daily driver and can do when needed to Bronco..
Nice post. The Bronco Sport fits my current life better (family, work, city life), but I’m also using it as a first step in to off-roading.

The Badlands model will give me enough capability (I think/hope) to see if this can be my next big hobby. If so, and as kids start heading out, I can upgrade to a full Bronco for my next purchase.

I have a friend with the 4Runner TRD Pro who I’ll go on trails, sand and the actual outer banks with. Will be fun to see how it holds up.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Nice post. The Bronco Sport fits my current life better (family, work, city life), but I’m also using it as a first step in to off-roading.

The Badlands model will give me enough capability (I think/hope) to see if this can be my next big hobby. If so, and as kids start heading out, I can upgrade to a full Bronco for my next purchase.

I have a friend with the 4Runner TRD Pro who I’ll go on trails, sand and the actual outer banks with. Will be fun to see how it holds up.
I personally like the Badlands Sport package, it offers what people need and gives the capability if they want.

My daughter is going to get one, she wants to drive one of our Mannequins when they arrive to get a feel for it...

I have heard people call the a puffed up Escape, however the videos I have seen, an escape would poo itself looking at the obstacles that the BSport has conquered..

I believe it will be a great adventure type SUV that will fit the niche void that the others have forgot about...so when you get it enjoy the outdoors.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I believe it will be a great adventure type SUV that will fit the niche void that the others have forgot about...so when you get it enjoy the outdoors.
Yep. It will be interesting when some actual reviews start coming in assessing that capability. It's promising sofar, and the only other thing in the size class are the trail rated Jeeps or perhaps the much more expensive Land Rovers.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Ugh Ford! The timeline for a replacement car is approaching....when is the ETA of the Bronco sport? I might have to a ....forester....lol.

I need like Sept./Oct......I think I am SOL

Last edited:

Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
Ugh Ford! The timeline for a replacement car is approaching....when is the ETA of the Bronco sport? I might have to a ....forester....lol.
My current lease ends April 2nd. I’m trying to figure out when to put in an order for a Sport to time it correctly haha. Any tips @Granger Ford ?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)

Looks like scheduling begins 10/26/2020 so after that- sorry for that news.

Ford Bronco Sport Would you choose Bronco 4 doors or Bronco sport? 1597431439681

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
My current lease ends April 2nd. I’m trying to figure out when to put in an order for a Sport to time it correctly haha. Any tips @Granger Ford ?
Looks like they are picing up reservations for scheduling the last week of October, so with production, depending on quantity to fill and shipping of 3-4 weeks.

I would put you at early January at the latest so you could make sure it arrived, Mid December to be safe..

OP
OP

kissmetoomuch

First Edition
First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Ford created it
It is spreading like a disease, I was innocent and mindless. Didn’t care Much about cars.
Since Bronco stuck in my head , I want to buy It. Say goodbye to my old , loyal friend’Honda civic’ who never let me down
Do you have the same disease?

Last edited:

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

I’ll sell you my Forester. Lol.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Ford created it
It is spreading like a disease, I was innocent and mindless. Didn’t care Much about cars.
Since Bronco stuck in my head , I want to buy It. Say goodbye to my old , loyal friend’Honda civic’ who never let me down
I think happens to all of us. I always "fight" this sensation by flatly refusing to buy ANY car in its 1st model year(see the 1 exception below); that way I get some advantages that the 2nd year usually brings (less bugs / more options/standard stuff) AND gives me time to think and analyze if i REALLY need it vs an impulse buy.

That said I must admit: I've never been this excited about any new car introduction since Mazda divorced Ford in 2013 and went fully Japanese again and we went test driving the "all new" Mazda6 which we did get for my wife (only time I broke the "no 1st year models" rule)

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
I’m
I’ll sell you my Forester. Lol.
yeah, no thanks, I wish Ford would just get their bronco’s out quicker.
Our local dealer was thinking December for one to show up in their showroom.

Hey...did you like your forester? It seems a little odd to me, someone who has been in an Escape for 19 years.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
We have had 4 Foresters throughout the years with different cars in between. Our current Forester is the 2018 XT and was the last year they offered a turbo. I wouldn’t buy another unless the turbo engine was offered again. I’ll be trading it for the Sport.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester Sport
We’ve had two Foresters, one a turbo and another a current generation Forester Sport. The turbo (XT) was really fun to drive. The Sport is awesome — I expected it to be underpowered but it’s not. We live off a long unpaved road that can be tricky in winter and in mud season — the current gen coasts over all of it. I think Subaru gets factory wheel/tire size and suspensions right. We will be keeping the Forester Sport and replacing another vehicle with the Bronco Sport FE given our daily driving environment.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
We’ve had two Foresters, one a turbo and another a current generation Forester Sport. The turbo (XT) was really fun to drive. The Sport is awesome — I expected it to be underpowered but it’s not. We live off a long unpaved road that can be tricky in winter and in mud season — the current gen coasts over all of it. I think Subaru gets factory wheel/tire size and suspensions right. We will be keeping the Forester Sport and replacing another vehicle with the Bronco Sport FE given our daily driving environment.
thanks....personally I never thought about Subaru’s, but you do get a good value. The conundrum is a new teen driver....balancing Safety vs styling.

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Ford created it
Sadly, it is like a disease with only one cure. I have no "need" as my Jeep Liberty Limited is nicely appointed and never has let me down in accessing the beach. I have 16 miles of sugar sand and a photo gallery of other's misfortunes getting stuck in it. It only has 83K miles. But... It was that first look at the Bronco, and I'm hooked.
Sponsored