Would you choose Bronco 4 doors or Bronco sport?

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
I'm still trying to sort this out.....

and as what "Should & Shouldn't" be cross shopped ....... well.... that's Totally Up To The Person Who Is Buying A Vehicle.

I'm Cross Shopping .....
2D Bronco
Bronco Sport
Honda Passport
and maybe a few others......
Sponsored

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I'm still trying to sort this out.....

I'm Cross Shopping .....
2D Bronco
Bronco Sport
Honda Passport
and maybe a few others......
That's more the range I've been looking at over the past couple years.. Was excited for the Passport for a while, then saw the price and mileage.. (Also looked at the Acadia AT4, Rav4, and the Jeeps..) nothing has stuck with me yet. Need to sit in a Sport... :D

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Passport (properly equipped) has a 5000lbs Tow Rating.... which is currently more that what FoMoCo has listed for the Bronco & Bronco Sport. That's in itself is important to me and why the Passport is on my short list.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
The Passport (properly equipped) has a 5000lbs Tow Rating.... which is currently more that what FoMoCo has listed for the Bronco & Bronco Sport. That's in itself is important to me and why the Passport is on my short list.
Yeah, it's engine is seriously larger than the Sport, and it's sorta built on a truck platform, even though it's unibody.

The mileage and price (same price as a Grand Cherokee) is what turned me off on it. Interior was good, but not fresh at all.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
I am waiting to sit in any Bronco or Bronco sport as well....but size-wise they may drive me to a, gulp....Hyundai Palisade.:crazy:

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I am waiting to sit in any Bronco or Bronco sport as well....but size-wise they may drive me to a, gulp....Hyundai Palisade.:crazy:
That's almost as big a a Telluride. If you need 3 rows.. but those things are boats... (the interior of the Telluride didn't impress me at all).

If you are looking at that range, check the VWs as well.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Is the Bronco Sport categorized as a compact or a sub-compact SUV?

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Yeah. Coming from a 2005 330Ci BMW coupe I feel like my 2010 Escape Limited is HUGE! This thing is even wider and taller than THAT. (but 2" shorter).... It will still feel "big" to me for a while.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, it's engine is seriously larger than the Sport, and it's sorta built on a truck platform, even though it's unibody.

The mileage and price (same price as a Grand Cherokee) is what turned me off on it. Interior was good, but not fresh at all.
The Bronco Sport Badland w/Badlands package is roughly the same price as the Honda Passport. That's another reason that I'm cross shopping it.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
The Bronco Sport Badland w/Badlands package is roughly the same price as the Honda Passport. That's another reason that I'm cross shopping it.
Eh.. not exactly.

Touring package Passport with AWD and the prime adventure package is ~$44k. (The base Passport with AWD and the prime adventure package would be about the same as the Sport, but you'd be lacking a lot of the electronics the Sport gets).

Badlands+Bandlands with a few extras is $38k.

The Sport has actual 4WD, but the Passport has a bigger engine by far (but not a huge gain on HP),

If you're towing a trailer, the Passport still likely wins hands-down. If you want off-road, the Sport wins.

Of course, you could get a reasonably equipped Atlas CrossSport for $37k (but that's for the 2.0L engine, the 3.6L V6 still isn't available).

Grove_LA

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150
Ok, let's look at a few things...

You live in Santa Ana, so you're likely sitting in traffic on the 5, the 405, and maybe the 57 a lot. That's where the Sport is going to shine. Saves on gas and is more comfortable. Also easier to park when you head down the 55 to Newport Beach.

On the flip side, unless you drive out at least past Barstow, you're not likely to get anyplace where the full capabilities of the Bronco are going to come into play, and that's a 2+ hour drive to get to those places. We don't have much 4-wheeling in the LA basin, and you absolutely don't want to go around the nutcases that are driving in the Azusa Canyon 4WD area.

Then there's the CA gas prices....

And if you're big on the mountains, it's also unclear how well chains will work on the full size Bronco, especially with 35's, if you're headed up to Big Bear, the Sport may well do better here as well.

So... living in the heart of SoCal... unless you're really taking road trips where the Bronco can shine, I'd lean towards the Sport. Sure you can show off in the full size Bronco.. but there are thousands of bros in SoCal with 4x4s that never touch dirt doing the same, so that's no big deal.

I live in San Pedro, so I'm making the same decision process... and it's just hard to justify the full size Bronco. (I have the added factor of tight parking at my condo).

So.. unless you have a trailer to tow.... or get out of town a lot, I'd say Sport.
This whole time I’m relating more and more to your post then I see your from Pedro like me. Driving on the freeway is the worst out here in so cal. The first leaked pic of the sport from the ford event looong ago is what peaked my interest and I’ve been following for years now but it truly seems like the sport is the most useful for what I need. 4x4 capability, good styling and gas mileage. If only the explorer had a bit more ruggedness.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
This whole time I’m relating more and more to your post then I see your from Pedro like me. Driving on the freeway is the worst out here in so cal. The first leaked pic of the sport from the ford event looong ago is what peaked my interest and I’ve been following for years now but it truly seems like the sport is the most useful for what I need. 4x4 capability, good styling and gas mileage. If only the explorer had a bit more ruggedness.
Haha! We'll have to grab a bit at the Whale and Ale after 2020 is over and if they ever open up again..

Yeah, for LA, or any other metroplex.. the Sport makes so much more sense unless you're one of those folks that make the run out to the river every weekend or something.

The full size Bronco looks great, but.. unless you feel the need to try to show off, and this is LA.. there's always someone with something bigger and more expensive, so..

The beginnings of the SoCal Bronco Sport club! :D

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Haha! We'll have to grab a bit at the Whale and Ale after 2020 is over and if they ever open up again..

Yeah, for LA, or any other metroplex.. the Sport makes so much more sense unless you're one of those folks that make the run out to the river every weekend or something.

The full size Bronco looks great, but.. unless you feel the need to try to show off, and this is LA.. there's always someone with something bigger and more expensive, so..

The beginnings of the SoCal Bronco Sport club! :D

I should add.. unless you need to to something.. then the Passport might make the most sense (Dunno when the Atlas Sport with the V6 is coming out...)

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Watching For Bronco Sport news (test drives, mpg, etc) I chanced upon renderings for a Bronco Sport Raptor. What is that about?
Sponsored