Would you choose Bronco 4 doors or Bronco sport?

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Nicely done synopsis of the vehicles! Thanks for that..
Hehe.. :D What you find after sitting in that many that the interior space doesn't mean much if the door or center console are making contact with you..

Specifically on the Jeeps, the center console near the pedals juts so far in to that space that I found my leg hitting the console. (and then there's that sloping dash...)
Sponsored

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I always wear cross bars to hold a ski rack and noise has never been an issue for me without the ski rack on (and not too bad with the ski rack). Things start to get more noisy for me when I put the roof box on.
Yeah, as long as they don't hit anything then... :D

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Hehe.. :D What you find after sitting in that many that the interior space doesn't mean much if the door or center console are making contact with you..

Specifically on the Jeeps, the center console near the pedals juts so far in to that space that I found my leg hitting the console. (and then there's that sloping dash...)
We sell those in our FCA store and every time I get in one they just feel cheap..

Yeah that console seems to hog space...there is no room in it and you have to rotate in seat to open it..

Sit in the Ram's with the radio ( tablet) in them -sun from back glass insta-blind...great feature in a 6000# missile..

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
We sell those in our FCA store and every time I get in one they just feel cheap..

Yeah that console seems to hog space...there is no room in it and you have to rotate in seat to open it..

Sit in the Ram's with the radio ( tablet) in them -sun from back glass insta-blind...great feature in a 6000# missile..
Actually I meant the whole center piece on the driver side.. it's like a bit block pushing in on the gas pedal area. I can't let my leg rest in that direction at all. (My old Ridgeline has spoiled me in that regard).

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Iā€™ve only ever considered Ford, Toyota, Honda, and now maybe Kia.

Bad experiences with our Dodge minivan axes the good looking Durango....GM products are out, ā€™cause itā€˜s a GM...lol. even though they donā€™t look bad....

I might not be able to wait for the Sport.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline

Bad experiences with our Dodge minivan axes the good looking Durango....GM products are out, ā€™cause itā€˜s a GM...lol. even though they donā€™t look bad....

Telluride? I think I sat in one of those as well. Wasn't impressed, even though on the outside it was pretty nice.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Telluride? I think I sat in one of those as well. Wasn't impressed, even though on the outside it was pretty nice.
Tellurides are nice, but Kia excels at bang for your buck. One day we may be able to sit in cars at the showroom again...the Telluride is much bigger than the sport....I was hoping for something at least the size of the highlander.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado

Can't say I disagree with the Dodge perception, I got burned bad by the 2.7L issue in the Intrepid (albeit the engine was a Mitsubishi design). What surprises me is Kia but not GM.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Tellurides are nice, but Kia excels at bang for your buck. One day we may be able to sit in cars at the showroom again...the Telluride is much bigger than the sport....I was hoping for something at least the size of the highlander.
I guess other thing for me there is I have NO need for a 3-row vehicle, and the extra size that brings. Most we ever have is 4 adults, and that's very rare.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
My 2001 Escape...I mean Iā€™m glad they refreshed it into the Bronco sport....but couldnā€™t they have stretched it a little? Lol

The nice thing about an older vehicle.....YouTube videos of how to fix stuff....just had the column shifter lose all connection....free movement....plastic part that deteriorated after 19 years.

The size was fine when the kids were small, but now a little more space would be nice, and it has zero to do with the 3rd row....our highlander 3rd row has been used once...itā€˜s nice have the extra cargo space.

Maybe Iā€™m the only one that always carries cables, coolant, toolbox.

If the big Bronco was actually bigger inside, Iā€™d buy the mall crawler package if they offered one...insulated top, non-removable top and doors, more cup holders ....ha!

But....I need to see these cars in person, no matter what the model.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
If the big Bronco was actually bigger inside, Iā€™d buy the mall crawler package if they offered one...insulated top, non-removable top and doors, more cup holders ....ha!

But....I need to see these cars in person, no matter what the model.
Yeah, I was surprised there wasn't much difference. But the big Bronco is all wheels, fender flares, and rollbar... :D

Grove_LA

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150
maybe they will add another member to the family.. the bronco sport flex. Or stretch bronco sport. I know we will see a stretch bronco as a party bus or limo.
Bronco excursion with at least some improvement on gas mileage and some towing power. I think it would sell

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Let me start over....I wish the new Bronco sport or the big Bronco was bigger ....because not needing a third row, but needing space for ....masks, gloves, ppe.....purell and isopropyl alcohol.

And then the off-road capability will come in handy if suddenly the roadway is blocked up ahead and I need to turn around in an adjacent field....to avoid any projectiles or maltov cocktails....itā€˜s just not my scene. :)

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Tahoe to a Bronco sport is a pretty big downsizing....I might need to see how small the big Bronco is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Hi Everyone!
If you have a choice between Bronco 4 door ( big bend) with sassquad and Bronco sport first edition , what would you choose? and reason for it

Thank you so much
Lets see
  • Bronco Sport
    • everyday usefulness
    • practicality easier to park, maneuver in town
    • capability on and off road for adventures
    • Fuel economy overall 2.0 EcoBoost vs V6
    • Price point
  • Bronco
    • More Extreme Trail riding - adventures
    • Off road capability
    • V6 EcoBoost engine
    • "cool" factor

Bronco Sport would be my choice as the daily driver that can do when needed to, Bronco..
Sponsored

Last edited: