Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Yup. And as I mentioned, I find it difficult to believe that Ford's engineers didn't put thought into optimizing the OEM systems for the power delivery goals it had in mind. The other big issue you run into when you start mucking with power delivery is driveability. It's almost a certainty you can get significantly more power out of a modified 2.0L engine than what Ford advertises for the engine in OEM trim. You can add a larger turbo, bigger air filter, larger charge and down pipes, bigger diameter exhaust pipes, higher pressure fuel injectors, etc., ect., ect. All of that would serve to get more air in and out of the engine so you can burn more fuel and generate more power. But what often happens is while the engine DOES produce more horsepower, the turbo takes so long to spool up you don't actually get any of that extra power until the last couple thousand RPM before you hit the engine's redline. This makes for a dreadful driving experience everywhere except a race track where you can manipulate the throttle and brake to keep the turbo spooled up all the time. Imagine trying to drive you car off-road in this condition, where you need controllable torque at low RPM.

Sounds great for a sports car, but not so much for an off-road adventurer.
When it comes to a powerplant such as what we have in our BS's, some folks think they can better engineer the engine for more power and reliability then what the auto engineers that designed it came up with.

Or, they have money wasting away in their wallet or PayPal account.

If it's power that's wanted, there are so many other choices out there to play with.
Sponsored

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '23 Kymco People S 150i ABS
When it comes to a powerplant such as what we have in our BS's, some folks think they can better engineer the engine for more power and reliability then what the auto engineers that designed it came up with.

Or, they have money wasting away in their wallet or PayPal account.

If it's power that's wanted, there are so many other choices out there to play with.

I would like a cat-back or axle back system on my '23OBX. I don't expect a great power increase, but better-looking exhaust tips, and a little different sound. It's a non-issue however because the prices they are asking are ridiculous.

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
I disagree. I talk to many, many people about this; you would be surprised how many do not understand the basics of the warranty they purchased.
I would be surprised, because believe it or not, I actually talk to people about this. Not sure if I can recall a moment where someone was flabbergasted that their warranty might take a nosedive after installing a tune on their car. But idiots are everywhere. That is certain. Point taken.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '23 Kymco People S 150i ABS
I really like the looks and price of this system. This is probably the last mod I would like for my OBX. I think I'll hold off until I learn more about the new legislation in New York regarding noisy exhausts. I got away with "illegal" tinted front door windows so far. Hopefully they won't enforce the new noise standards either.

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
I really like the looks and price of this system. This is probably the last mod I would like for my OBX. I think I'll hold off until I learn more about the new legislation in New York regarding noisy exhausts. I got away with "illegal" tinted front door windows so far. Hopefully they won't enforce the new noise standards either.
Heck, if he can get away with that exhaust in commiefornia, should be good to go anywhere! :crackup:

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Heck, if he can get away with that exhaust in commiefornia, should be good to go anywhere! :crackup:
I wouldn't worry about anything that's quieter than a stock Elantra N.
Commie California? Soviet union banned lead gasoline early on but we didn't have emission testing or noise requirements there as far as I know. (No one I knew had a car lol) Cali is strict but it's still pretty lax compared to rest of the developed world. It's necessary for air quality and people's health. Especially in a place that's so car dependant.
Sponsored