ACGilbert

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
From my dealer this morning. The listed part number does apply to the Bronco. It's supposedly a reinforced bushing kit. My dealer says expected delivery is 31 Dec.
Ditto on the parts availability here in Michigan. I'm unable to grease the pins myself.
Sponsored

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This started occuring on my '21 FE as the temps dropped - on my oil change this week I scheduled an appointment to get the TSB addressed - booked out until March! Gonna be a fun, noisy winter LOL

Reactions: Jrl

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
This started occuring on my '21 FE as the temps dropped - on my oil change this week I scheduled an appointment to get the TSB addressed - booked out until March! Gonna be a fun, noisy winter LOL
Makes for a good “hey, I’m backing up” sound. Better than that “beep, beep” sound some EV’s make.

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Does anyone else have this issue with the front brakes also?
I've had my 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands since Nov 15th of 2021 and have had issues still to this day both with front and back brakes. My Bronco has been in 4 times already and now I'm on that waiting list. My dealership told me that 6 days after I left the dealership the last time that Ford had called a service brake issue. You think that someone would've contacted me but nope! They failed to contact me when parts came in the 1st 2 times and just let me drive it like it was. They also shaved my rotors down the 1st 2 times after the fact I told them what the problem was because my hubby is a mechanic and nailed the issue from the get go. My Bronco has been rattling and transmission seems to be going now as well. I called the dealership again today because the service mgr told me Nov 26th my parts would be in but now they can't give me a date. When I called to complain a month ago about it, they told me 26 other broncos were ahead of mine. It's funny that I've been dealing with this for one year & I know my Bronco was the 1st one having issues at this dealership and now I'm waiting longer...Guess it's time to lawyer up!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Makes for a good “hey, I’m backing up” sound. Better than that “beep, beep” sound some EV’s make.
Yeah some of rhe videos I have seen it sounds like a tug boat in a harbor horn. It appears Ford took the complaints seriously and found root cause. But now the struggles for dealers to get parts and line up a mechanic to repair.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I've had my 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands since Nov 15th of 2021 and have had issues still to this day both with front and back brakes. My Bronco has been in 4 times already and now I'm on that waiting list. My dealership told me that 6 days after I left the dealership the last time that Ford had called a service brake issue. You think that someone would've contacted me but nope! They failed to contact me when parts came in the 1st 2 times and just let me drive it like it was. They also shaved my rotors down the 1st 2 times after the fact I told them what the problem was because my hubby is a mechanic and nailed the issue from the get go. My Bronco has been rattling and transmission seems to be going now as well. I called the dealership again today because the service mgr told me Nov 26th my parts would be in but now they can't give me a date. When I called to complain a month ago about it, they told me 26 other broncos were ahead of mine. It's funny that I've been dealing with this for one year & I know my Bronco was the 1st one having issues at this dealership and now I'm waiting longer...Guess it's time to lawyer up!
Maybe file a case with Ford? You may also consider reading online dealer reviews see if you can find a better dealer.

Also if hubby is mechanic and knows how to disable emergency brake have him disassemble grease caliper pins and slider surfaces as temporary fix. Easy to do if he knows how.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I've seen a few mentions of the recent TSB regarding brake noise. Here's the full scoop!

Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" Screenshot 2022-10-24 144733

New parts:
I went to my dealer (Bickford Snohomish) and gave him the TSB number (22-2336). He looked it up and got me an appointment for January. No problem, no hassle.

He said customers often hear about TSB even before they do.

a shout out to @FordMotor for monitoring this site and making sure in was taken care of.

Gotta love this forum! Thank you @TSP Overland for posting this info.

mmazz71

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Gray
I have the same issue at 33500 miles. I took it to my dealership and they said nothing could be done about it. I then brought up the Service bulletin and they seemed to remember that one. The said they replaced the parts that were indicated in the SB later that day. Now my rear brakes are even worse.
I have had nothing but issue after issue with this vehicle. Broken window regulator(they fixed after a month of waiting), loose fiber panels under vehicle, Rear hatch "Intelligent switch" doesn't work half the time. Dealership said that it was in the software. No engine cover(Bought myself). Moaning brakes. Brake repair for a recall. Recall for current issue with possible cracked fuel injector. A recall check for something in the oil system which could have been crushed. What is next? I really feel like I got sold a lemon.

With the first set of issues, under 18000 miles, they offered to buy the vehicle back. Crazy. How about some quality control?

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have the same issue at 33500 miles. I took it to my dealership and they said nothing could be done about it. I then brought up the Service bulletin and they seemed to remember that one. The said they replaced the parts that were indicated in the SB later that day. Now my rear brakes are even worse.
I have had nothing but issue after issue with this vehicle. Broken window regulator(they fixed after a month of waiting), loose fiber panels under vehicle, Rear hatch "Intelligent switch" doesn't work half the time. Dealership said that it was in the software. No engine cover(Bought myself). Moaning brakes. Brake repair for a recall. Recall for current issue with possible cracked fuel injector. A recall check for something in the oil system which could have been crushed. What is next? I really feel like I got sold a lemon.

With the first set of issues, under 18000 miles, they offered to buy the vehicle back. Crazy. How about some quality control?
I feel you completely! I just made a post about mine possibly a lemon. My brakes have been serviced 5 times in a year since I bought it. They are worse, not better. Constant burning smell over 55mph. Interior lights come on. Door sensor to unlock doesn't work half the time. Headlights won't go off sometimes after parked. The list goes on. Filed a case with Ford Corp which also mentioned to me a purchase buy back. At this point I'm sending all paperwork to a law firm. The dealership seems to not really care. This was supposed to be my dream vehicle not a nightmare especially for the price I paid.

mmazz71

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel you completely! I just made a post about mine possibly a lemon. My brakes have been serviced 5 times in a year since I bought it. They are worse, not better. Constant burning smell over 55mph. Interior lights come on. Door sensor to unlock doesn't work half the time. Headlights won't go off sometimes after parked. The list goes on. Filed a case with Ford Corp which also mentioned to me a purchase buy back. At this point I'm sending all paperwork to a law firm. The dealership seems to not really care. This was supposed to be my dream vehicle not a nightmare especially for the price I paid.

Exactly. I wish I would have let them buy it back. I will never buy Ford again after my experiences. They need to restructure and bring the Bronco sport back to the US for assembly. Ford Hermosillo needs to be recalled. I am sure they have to understand how this effects them as a company.

mmazz71

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford dealer told me today that Ford does not have a fix for the brakes yet beyond what the SB does (Beefier bushings). They said they hear about this complaint everyday. Some say it is loud enough to wake up the neighbors.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to my dealer (Bickford Snohomish) and gave him the TSB number (22-2336). He looked it up and got me an appointment for January. No problem, no hassle.

He said customers often hear about TSB even before they do.

a shout out to @FordMotor for monitoring this site and making sure in was taken care of.

Gotta love this forum! Thank you @TSP Overland for posting this info.
Well, I took my vehicle in for the TSB 22-2336 service to address the moaning brake issue. After getting the car back, it is now significantly worse. The car moans all the way down the driveway when braking in reverse. Yesterday, my neighbor asked me if I was ok, the noise was so loud. Pretty frustrating. :-(

bclarke68

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here, had the TSB fix applied 2 days ago. 2 days later, just as bad as before. Was good for 1 day. Disc brakes have been around for a long time, so what is so different about these? Is it the type of pads, or poor caliper design? The vehicle has about 15,000 miles on it, its done it as long as we have owned it , (since 6000 miles)

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I took my vehicle in for the TSB 22-2336 service to address the moaning brake issue. After getting the car back, it is now significantly worse. The car moans all the way down the driveway when braking in reverse. Yesterday, my neighbor asked me if I was ok, the noise was so loud. Pretty frustrating. :-(
Update: The dealer had me come in again so they could review what they did. They reported that the TSB 22-2336 had been performed according to spec and that they had been online with a Ford engineer. Their conclusion was that the TSB 22-2336 had not solved the problem, that Ford had no idea what was causing the moaning, that it was not a safety concern but more of an annoyance. They hoped that Ford would figure out a proper fix and that they would contact me if/when they had something they could do.

So I am still waking the neighbors and am glad the weather is warming up.

Moaning in Seattle.

bclarke68

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer put some fresh pads in this morning and cleaned the rotors. Will see if its better over the next few days.
Sponsored