Pat Trahan

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This is a good question. I would say no on the safety/performance question because there would be a recall (the links to the TSB reference complaints to the NHTSA, so they are aware of the issue).

As to increased wear, I don't see how that could be. The noise is simply a resonance caused by the friction between brake disk and pads, similar to the way the friction between violin strings and the bow causes the string(s) to vibrate.
I have the same issue with my 2021 BS Big Bend. It started out groaning then turned into sounding like Chubaka. Now it sounds like Chubaka and FEELS like in backing over him. The dealership tells be that I am one of several and the parts for repair are on back order with no delivery expected this year?
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I have the same issue with my 2021 BS Big Bend. It started out groaning then turned into sounding like Chubaka. Now it sounds like Chubaka and FEELS like in backing over him. The dealership tells be that I am one of several and the parts for repair are on back order with no delivery expected this year?
Definitely get it done , the ford dealer came to my house and replaced the bushings in about a half hour. What is happening is the bushings had no grease in them , not 100% sure if they ever where greased from factory. good luck .

Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" 88FBA243-C92E-4141-9403-C836945A36A3

Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" 55D646BF-F1A1-4BAB-9083-0DAA1E7CA360

Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" 4D8F2467-8F2F-4147-A4F5-4B6EEBD3D78B

Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" 447791AA-DD6F-4943-8A7C-307105284149

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Personally...I'd say every vehicle I've ever driven has done this after a wash, hard rain, high humidity days. And after a couple stops, the noise is gone. I haven't noticed any inordinate squeals or issues. Sorry to hear a few are having issues.

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Here's my question. The part number listed on the TSB says it does not fit the Bronco Sport, only fits the Escape. The part that corresponds to the TSB that fits the Bronco is in stock at my dealer. So, unless there is an update from Ford that says use the Escape bushing kit in a Bronco why not use the kit that is already on hand that fits the Bronco and not have to wait on the Escape part number that is backordered?

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
From my dealer this morning. The listed part number does apply to the Bronco. It's supposedly a reinforced bushing kit. My dealer says expected delivery is 31 Dec.

Update 16 Jan 23. Still waiting on the parts. This is getting ridiculous.

Last edited:

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
From my dealer this morning. The listed part number does apply to the Bronco. It's supposedly a reinforced bushing kit. My dealer says expected delivery is 31 Dec.
That is exactly correct , had mine done a few weeks ago .

Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" BED4F1A2-FD58-49B7-8746-D97A04E85155

Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" 361E319E-FA9D-418B-A174-E6C35E26AC4E

Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" 4A8F4A3C-F50B-4146-BD6E-39F18FB68E69

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I waited 5 months for a roof panel(will be 6 months by time they install it), indefinite back order on headlight switch, head unit and now brakes. Which all of Iā€™m waiting on and will be a year before my vehicle is fixed with some of its current issues. Seriously fuck Ford
Ps. The 31st is a place holder date, not an actual eta.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My Ford dealer, that does not care about customers or vehicles after selling them, told me they would have the parts on Friday.

On Friday afternoon they told me they would have to keep my vehicle over the weekend as the parts wouldnā€™t arrive until today.

I called this morning and was told they cannot get the parts and have no idea when they will come in, so I should pick up my vehicle.

They could not diagnose the loud bang from the rear of the vehicle. I just hope it isnā€™t something that will get worse and result in mechanical failure. It does not inspire confidence. I guess Iā€™ll just have to see how this car holds up over time.

I donā€™t know how much effort Ford techs actually put in to diagnosing problems.

Iā€™m disappointed. Honeymoon phase is over.

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
I've had the rear brake noise in damp or cold weather. Put my snow tires on this past weekend and sprayed brake quiet lube on the caliper pins and behind the pads......noise is GONE.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
If it is just a matter of getting some grease on the pins, there are some plastic caps on the back of those rubber bushings. You can pull the caps and put some appropriate grease in there, maybe with a small brush (like an acid brush). Then reinstall the plastic caps and see if in a week or so the noise subsides.

I did notice that mine made the sound once after I heavily sprayed the brakes with brake cleaner. Might be a way that this can be recreated when the dealer tells you that they cannot replicate the problem?

Reactions: Jrl

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I've had the rear brake noise in damp or cold weather. Put my snow tires on this past weekend and sprayed brake quiet lube on the caliper pins and behind the pads......noise is GONE.
So, is the noise still gone? Curious if this will only be a short-term fix ..

Mr. Ed

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had this issue since day one, seemed to get louder overtime. Once I saw there was a service bulletin I took it in to my dealer expecting to bring it back weeks later for the parts and was surprised the dealer had the parts... noise all gone. :)

Colibri

Big Bend
First Name
Edna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had this issue since day one, seemed to get louder overtime. Once I saw there was a service bulletin I took it in to my dealer expecting to bring it back weeks later for the parts and was surprised the dealer had the parts... noise all gone. :)
Glad you were able to get the TSB taken care of so quickly, my dealership is back ordered till 12/31. I will be traveling out of the country the beginning of the year, so I am tempted to go to a dealership there and see if I can get he parts while I am there and bring them back to California. šŸ˜„