Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
For anyone looking for wireless carplay, I have been using the Carlinkit 2nd generation for a couple of weeks and it works great. Connects within 30 seconds of cold starting up the car and has been reliable.

Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Carlinkit-Compatible-Volkswagen-CPC200-U2W-Plus/dp/B08FG2XRBP/

For me, it has been worth the convenience of not having to plug/unplug the phone every time. Has the option to still plug in if you want to charge/switch to a wired connection.
Remarkably, yes the FE has the Off-Road suspension. Someone had posted their FE window sticker to this forum.
Thanks @shakeandbaker. Mine arrived today, it works great!
Sponsored

firewfdi

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco sport
Has anyone had experience with adding on a wireless CarPlay Adapter to their Bronco Sport?

Wondering if any existing units for other Ford vehicles with Sync 3 would be compatible.
I have one and use it in my Bronco Sport Big Bend. Used it before that in my Explorer, it works ok but it is slower to respond and sometimes will not connect to my iphone have to unplug and plug back in for it to work. Overall it is ok device I would not spend the 200 or so it cost at the time no sure what it is now. Not sure if it works on sync 4 but up to date Sync 3 software it will work on.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
This model is $112. Check and see if you have a firmware update available for your adapter.

Javs9

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
For anyone looking for wireless carplay, I have been using the Carlinkit 2nd generation for a couple of weeks and it works great. Connects within 30 seconds of cold starting up the car and has been reliable.

Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Carlinkit-Compatible-Volkswagen-CPC200-U2W-Plus/dp/B08FG2XRBP/

For me, it has been worth the convenience of not having to plug/unplug the phone every time. Has the option to still plug in if you want to charge/switch to a wired connection.
I just received mine but I am having trouble setting it up. I plug it in and nothing happens. Any and all help is welcomed and needed. thanks

OP
OP
shakeandbaker

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray BS Badlands, BMW 135i
I just received mine but I am having trouble setting it up. I plug it in and nothing happens. Any and all help is welcomed and needed. thanks
It’s possible yours has a different firmware version on it. Have you tried these steps to update?

Ford Bronco Sport Wireless CarPlay Adapter? 7CEC6178-05E6-410B-AB51-A131D44DD0DE

Javs9

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It’s possible yours has a different firmware version on it. Have you tried these steps to update?

Ford Bronco Sport Wireless CarPlay Adapter? 7CEC6178-05E6-410B-AB51-A131D44DD0DE
I updated the sync and it connected and has been working fine the two times I drove since then. Lol. Thanks for the help!

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have the adapter everyone raves about here but has anyone had success with using voice search? Pressing the steering wheel voice button while connected causes the entire device to crash and reboot. Seems like a showstopper for me.

OBKriss

Outer Banks
First Name
Kriss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport/2000 BMW Z3
I have the adapter everyone raves about here but has anyone had success with using voice search? Pressing the steering wheel voice button while connected causes the entire device to crash and reboot. Seems like a showstopper for me.
I have the same problem. I bought the wireless adapter, did the update, and my voice button (Siri) on my steering wheel stopped working. Plugging my phone in using a cable worked fine except that my phone disconnected periodically, so I wanted to try the wireless adapter. I read somewhere that the issue may be from the firmware update, so I am going to try another adapter without updating.

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have the same problem. I bought the wireless adapter, did the update, and my voice button (Siri) on my steering wheel stopped working. Plugging my phone in using a cable worked fine except that my phone disconnected periodically, so I wanted to try the wireless adapter. I read somewhere that the issue may be from the firmware update, so I am going to try another adapter without updating.
There's quite the thread detailing this exact issue (among others) over on MacRumors. I'll supply the link below. The last version of the Firmware that worked with the steering wheel button is from August 4, 2020. The developer has gone silent and folks are assuming they don't care.

Link: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/carplay-adapter-to-convert-to-wireless-carplay.2193978/page-236

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had this issue, couldn't make calls or use the AppleCar Play functions really, it was only to stream music successfully. I returned it the same day, it wasn't worth losing the great functions for just the loss of one cable. Overall, not what I would call a fix.... unless you just want to bluetooth stream your music with the AppleCar Play screen pulled up. But you can just bluetooth your music as-is, so again, what is the point.

OP
OP
shakeandbaker

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray BS Badlands, BMW 135i
Yes, downgrading the firmware on the adapter helps with that. I started having an issue with anything Siri-related (reading texts, responding to texts, etc.) until I downgraded.

Overall reliability is about 80%. Long-term, I have had some issues with the phone not auto-connecting after starting the car. Hope that either the firmware improves or there is a new solution released soon.

OBKriss

Outer Banks
First Name
Kriss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport/2000 BMW Z3
Yes, downgrading the firmware on the adapter helps with that. I started having an issue with anything Siri-related (reading texts, responding to texts, etc.) until I downgraded.

Overall reliability is about 80%. Long-term, I have had some issues with the phone not auto-connecting after starting the car. Hope that either the firmware improves or there is a new solution released soon.
I read the posts about how to install the downgraded file, but I am just not a techy person. (I can play Mario on a Nintendo 3DS, and that's about it). I'm just going to return the adapter that I have and wait, with fingers crossed, that something else comes out that will work.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'd have thought all the rugged individualist types driving a new BS would be looking for a Wireless Android Auto adapter, LOL!
Dude, for real. Seems I'm surrounded by sheep. Do you know a Android Auto adapter/dongle??? I'm NOT doing the wired connection AGAIN. That was maddening.
Sponsored