DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
I bought it and installed it with those removable adhesive dots on top of the console bump for the USBs. Connected it to the USB-C. Seems to work for what I tried. Testing will come on the next road trip. It's well out of the way for the charging pocket and frees up the space in front of the USB hookups where the old USB-A to lighting cable sat.

The only question I have now is how do you easily exit carplay or get back to the main sync3 menu? I sure don't want to turn off blutooth when I want to get back to something on the BS like adjusting the audio settings.
Sponsored

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The only question I have now is how do you easily exit carplay or get back to the main sync3 menu? I sure don't want to turn off blutooth when I want to get back to something on the BS like adjusting the audio settings.
There's a dedicated app icon for "Sync" inside the Apple CarPlay user interface, which lets you bail back to the Sync3 part of the interface.

Greensweater

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When I picked up our badlands, the dealer technology guy told us that there was going to be an update later this year to enable wireless apple car play. FWIW
Did a message go out recently on FordPass about this? Or was it just a basic SYNC 3 update? I must have deleted it!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Did a message go out recently on FordPass about this? Or was it just a basic SYNC 3 update? I must have deleted it!
Go to owner.ford.com. If you don't have an account open one there. There's a link to check whether your Sync system is up to date.

Alex Exarheas

Base
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Just want to let you all know that the device Carlinkit 3.0, which allows Wireless Carplay, works with the 2021 Bronco Sport. I just decided to risk it and bought one from carlinkitcarplay. Got it today. I did have to update it first (it didn't work with the firmware out of the box) but now it's working fine. A good option to all the guys who own iphones and want a wireless connection.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Both:

There is a USB Type-A (legacy large asymmetric rectangle) as well as USB Type-C port in the USB module for interfacing with Sync (bottom of center-dash stack)
Mine only worked with the “A” port even though the Carlinkit offers both outputs.
Sponsored