radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Dude, for real. Seems I'm surrounded by sheep. Do you know a Android Auto adapter/dongle??? I'm NOT doing the wired connection AGAIN. That was maddening.
There is just ONE that I'm aware of that actually works. It's an Indigogo but it's shipping: CLICK HERE
Sponsored

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
There is just ONE that I'm aware of that actually works. It's an Indigogo but it's shipping: CLICK HERE
Greaaaaaaat. Delivery in June meaning September. I've never had a positive experience when it comes to these. I've always been satisfied with the product, but it's like a minimum of 6 months to arrive.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I dusted off my old CPLAY2AIR adapter I had stopped using because it failed to send diagnostics to Kia. It connected immediately and worked without any further setup. I applied 3 successive firmware updates without issue. Working well so far but needs more testing. Hopefully I’ll finally be able to use the wireless charging pad.

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Happy to report that the latest firmware, dated 8.24, for the Carlinkit Wireless CarPlay adapter FINALLY works with Siri. Before, if you pressed the steering wheel voice button or said "Hey Siri"... the device would crash and restart. Now, all features of CarPlay work well with the Bronco Sport!

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I dusted off my old CPLAY2AIR adapter I had stopped using because it failed to send diagnostics to Kia. It connected immediately and worked without any further setup. I applied 3 successive firmware updates without issue. Working well so far but needs more testing. Hopefully I’ll finally be able to use the wireless charging pad.
Not sure if this will be an issue for you, but the wireless charge pad does not play well with MagSafe cases at all. I haven’t tried my phone with no case to see if that is any better because I have no interest in removing the case to use the charge pad. Every bump disconnects the charge.

Works fine with the iPhone 11 collection in the house.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Not sure if this will be an issue for you, but the wireless charge pad does not play well with MagSafe cases at all. I haven’t tried my phone with no case to see if that is any better because I have no interest in removing the case to use the charge pad. Every bump disconnects the charge.

I’m still using an iPhone XS - no reason to upgrade - and no issues even with a case.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

This is not true.

I have a iPhone 12 Pro with the Apple leather MagSafe case. This works great when I place it on the wireless charging pad in the console area.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
This is not true.

I have a iPhone 12 Pro with the Apple leather MagSafe case. This works great when I place it on the wireless charging pad in the console area.
Well, it absolutely 100% true with mine. Works for every phone in our orbit but the iPhone 12 Pro. So glad yours works for you.

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
I installed the Carlinkit yesterday, synced it to my iPhone X, works like a charm. When I start the car it takes about 30 seconds and connects right up. Really great not having to connect my phone every time, especially for short trips. I mounted in the back of the cubby on top of the USB ports. Pretty invisible.

JVteam

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Car Dongle

ETA Prime did a pretty good review of this one. Looks pretty slick as you can run movies on your dash as well.

Sponsored