Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Sameeeeeeeeeeee. Went in for an service on my f150 and left 3hrs later with a BS BL XD
Similar here. I was planning to replace 2 F150’s with a new one. I put it off when I heard Ford was bringing back the Bronco. My local dealer had a Cyber Orange Badlands for show only. No Sports at all. Hardly any F150’s. Got the pamphlet for the Sport. The mileage and the prices were so much better. I opted to the Badlands as a just in case measure. I was planning to order the Rapid Red, but by the time I went to order it was 2022 model year. Rapid Red was gone as was Kodiak Brown. But there were new colors. Bronze Smoke, Hot Pepper Red and Velocity Blue. Still no metallic green. I was really hoping for a Kelly (or Emerald) Green Metallic tri-coat. Maybe someday. I ordered the Velocity Blue. It took 4 months to get to me, but I’m loving it.

Side note in case Ford reads any of this. If Cyber Orange had more orange/red to the color, I would have bought that. The tri-coat is gorgeous. Wish they would come up with a bright green that is Not Lime/chartreuse In a tri-coat. The amount of flake in the orange is unreal.
Sponsored

Pintarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, '03 F-150 7700 Pkg
TL;DR - First car was a 1984 Bronco II, plus the last 5 years of owning a 2004 Escape, this was a totally natural fit and I'd been geeking over the Bronco Sport since they were announced in I believe 2020.

When I first heard about the Bronco and Bronco Sports and saw what they looked like (not the typical "bubble" you see everywhere now) I got VERY excited in 2020. I was especially interested in the Bronco Sport because my first car was an '84 Bronco II, and I was at the time driving a 2004 Escape, both of which to me looked a LOT like the Bronco Sport (turns out the dimensions are pretty dang close!) At the time, I had just been awarded a significant pay raise, but I needed to pay down some debts before I was comfortable buying a new vehicle. I put the Bronco Sport on the back burner and put it out of my mind.

Fast forward to last month. After paying down most of my debt and becoming increasingly frustrated with keeping my '04 Escape alive, I decided to look around at my options. I'd actually caught an Alfa Romeo bug and was pretty well set on buying a used Stelvio when my brother suggested I take another look at the Bronco Sports, since they were in the same price range I was looking at. Wasn't considering the BS very hard, but I figured, hey, might as well finally test drive one like I'd wanted to in 2020/21, and I can compare it to the Stelvio.

First test drive surprised the hell out of me! I left the Ford dealership, went to the dealer that was holding a Stelvio that turned out to be throwing CEL's (shocker right?), so I couldn't test drive the only Stelvio in the city. I took it as a sign that the Bronco Sport was the way to go. VERY happy with my decision! It feels very natural to me and all my friends agree that the Carbonized Gray OB suits me well.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Went to Ford to build a full size Bronco; was looking at a $60k vehicle. Saw the BS Outer Banks outside and test drove it; got back and the guy said he had a BL at the other dealership he could bring right over. Bought it before I even saw it; I did previous research and new what the BL had to offer. Been super happy ever since; only downfalls are......
1. Accessories really add up quickly
2. Collison warning is really sensitive (turned mine off)
3. No lockable glovebox
4. The dreaded paint chips (showed the dealer around the headlights and taillights; was told it was on me 🤷‍♂️)
5. Not enough time to do what I want in it

Ford Bronco Sport Why did you order a Bronco Sport? 20220416_102719

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
In response to the OP question: I didn’t. I walked in and bought one last May (2021) on a whim off the lot. It was time for a new vehicle and I liked the old Land Rover lines of the vehicle when looked at from the side.
Since then, I have enjoyed it and have renewed an old interest in exploring drive at own risk roads around the place.

2XIPA

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Civic, and a Subaru
Perfect size for me. But most importantly seems like a great gateway drug into off-roading.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
This was going to be my first ever new car and tbh I hadn't really paid attention to cars since I couldn't afford one until recently. Going to grad school and finding a good job after that took sometime.

Surprisingly I have an Master in Public Health from a really good program so it seems like it'd be easy to find a job during a once in a 100yr pandemic...not so much apparently.

What grabbed my attention initially was the mechanical package. When I heard it had an 8spd and not a CVT I started looking into the car more and more and found out it fit my needs quite well. This is my daily driver and my fishing car. So I need something that can do the trails, not rock climb, and generally take me where I want to go as I meander around trying to find the good spots and the AWD/4WD is certainly more than capable of taking me to those spots.

The car also looks great too and I find the trim and interior attractive. I've had the car since March and haven't had one second, one drop of buyers remorse. And its not the new car thing so I like....no I genuinely think its a well built very capable car and theres nothing like it at this price point.

Terry K

Outer Banks
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Pilot
I wanted something different in a small SUV. CR-V, Rav-4, Tucson all looked the same. VWs are nice but no big deal and Subaru is Subaru. The Bronco Sports is different in design and I like boxy (why I bought a 2011 Pilot). I knew it was going to be a wait. My wife wouldn't let me buy a Maverick so Sport it was. I just think Ford is really getting the design process down. And it's probably minor but I like knobs for controls, not buttons. You hear me Mazda?

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I've always liked the classic Land Cruiser / Land Rover aesthetic; one of my uncles owned an FJ 40 when I was a kid and I still think it's the gold standard for a small off-road vehicle.

So when it was time to buy a new car, I shopped the RAV4, various Subarus, even contemplated a used FJ Cruiser. I ruled out Jeep because of bad past experiences in terms of quality and reliability.

The Bronco Sport looks unique, especially for its price range, but also has a fantastic interior if you like physical buttons, no glossy black plastic, "easy to use." Yeah, I've ragged on Ford for using cheap, easily-scratched hard plastics, but that is an easy problem to solve. Very few automakers today know how to make a user-friendly interior free of b.s.

Last edited:

bronco_Banks

Outer Banks
First Name
Olga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I wanted one since I heard them announced when I worked at a Ford dealership for several years. Drooled over them, constantly. Looked at all of the options, trim levels, colors. Picked out a build hundreds of times, but I didn’t make enough to afford payments on one. Was surprised with one as a gift a few months ago but right now it’s sitting on the other side of the country with my SO because he needs a car for his new job and my current Vehicle will last me at least long enough to get moved there and back into my baby Bronco. I just hope it’s not touched whatsoever. I can accept a few thousand miles I haven’t put in (with trepidation and concern), but I miss my baby. :(

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Ordered because it seemed the only way to get a Bronco Sport. My local dealer had none on the lot. I wanted a moonroof. I tried ordering earlier and Ford would not accept orders with the moonroof on the 2021 OB. I would have to get the BL for the moonroof. That was my deal breaker. I went home to decide if I wanted the BL. By the time I got back to place the order, it was a 2022 and I had to change my color choice. Very happy with the Velocity Blue. If I had gotten the 2021 it would have been Rapid Red.

Polish ghost

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford escape
Reserved a 2Door Bronco Badlands from Granger in October 2020 @ 2k below invoice. Ford changed the rules mid stream and due to allocations, I won’t be getting my 2 door Bronco until 24 or 25. Zach at Granger offered us Bronco Sports at 6% below invoice as a way to help with allocations and to provide an option to those of us that could not wait until ‘24 or ‘25. My 16 year old Escape is dying of Iron Oxide efficiency. The BS BL will work to replace the Escape and maybe will go to my wife once the 2 door arrives.
I ordered one because I miss my old 74 bronco sport the badland is about the same size and I love it had the new bronco sport badland for seven days now I'm loving it makes me feel young again but I won't be jumping any ditches or how deep of water holes I can get through the new one is great just a lot of how does this work

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I ordered one because I miss my old 74 bronco sport the badland is about the same size and I love it had the new bronco sport badland for seven days now I'm loving it makes me feel young again but I won't be jumping any ditches or how deep of water holes I can get through the new one is great just a lot of how does this work
Don't worry, they used capitalization and punctuation in the Owner's Manual. :cool:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The funny thing is that I understood perfectly what they were trying to say.
Me too! What does that say about us? I know my spelling and Apples interpretation of what I’m trying to say don’t always match!

Polish ghost

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford escape
Don't worry, they used capitalization and punctuation in the Owner's Manual. :cool:
[/Q

Having a learning disability
Makes it hard to make people understand sorry if it upsets you I'll get over it always do
Sponsored