Hokie1991

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
My dad was a HUGE Ford guy. I miss him very much. I know this would have made him smile. Also, I was getting to the end of a lease (first and last time I'll do that) and was able to get a lot back so had a nice down payment.
YUP... same... only my extra cash came from a 2014 escape that I bought in early 2020 99K miles and sold it almost 1.5 yrs later with 107K for more than I paid ... crazy market
Sponsored

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I didn't order mine, but I got lucky in that I stumbled upon a local dealer who had exactly what I would have ordered to begin with.

That said, I bought it because:

- It doesn't have an automated-manual transmission.

- It has an honest-to-goodness automatic transmission (not a CVT).

- I like the look of it.

- It has 4WD.

Sorry for the repetition, but I spent 9 years in a 2012 Ford Focus. I have PTSD about that transmission system. :cwl:
CVT…I can’t stand those.

When I was first looking at cars and someone mentioned the 8spd auto I was ok we may have something here, I need to learn more about this car.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
I didn't order mine, but I got lucky in that I stumbled upon a local dealer who had exactly what I would have ordered to begin with.

That said, I bought it because:

- It has an honest-to-goodness automatic transmission (not a CVT).

- I like the look of it.

- It has 4WD.

Sorry for the repetition, but I spent 9 years in a 2012 Ford Focus. I have PTSD about that transmission system. :cwl:
I had a 2016 Focus that started having a jerky transmission at 10k miles. It's too bad about that transmission because otherwise it's a pretty good car. Back seat leg room wasn't great though. Ended up trading it for a 2018 Civic EX-T which was a vastly better vehicle. Honda's CVT's are great for what they are. Honestly glad to have a vehicle with proper gears though with the BS. It just feels more connected to me. With that said, every time I see a Focus for sale I wonder how many times the clutches have been replaced and feel sorry for the next owner. The worst part about it is that Ford knew that the transmission was junk when the released the car.

SilverWolf21

Base
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
I did it order my bronco she was sitting on the lot. I watch some youtube videos about the bronco, kia, ranger, and chevrolet silerado custom. My chevrolet dealship rear me was out of custom so we went to the ford dealship. They said on there website they had a sliver and black bronco but when we got there the only one was the sliver one. She was in front on display after a quick tour of the outside and a test drive i was in love. i trade in my 2008 chevrolet silerado and brought my sliverwolf. 6,000 miles and oil change later and we are still running stronger i wonld it give her up for anything. Sorry if my story is a little long stiil getting use to posting on here.

Juliet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
YUP... same... only my extra cash came from a 2014 escape that I bought in early 2020 99K miles and sold it almost 1.5 yrs later with 107K for more than I paid ... crazy market
They actually sold my 3 yr old subaru for $4k more than what it was worth new! It had low miles, but that's just insane.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I had a Subaru Crosstrek but I liked the looks of the Bronco Sport.

Araasis

Big Bend
First Name
Carley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
I know we are all frustrated with part shortages, build delays, and/or slow deliveries. But, let's take a deep breath....

Why did you order a Bronco Sport? We must all have POSITIVE reasons for doing so. Let's share them.

For me, I remember the original Bronco from my childhood. While I don't go off-roading, I really thought it would cool to be part of the Bronco rebirth and the Sport version fit my needs.
I did because I loved the original, but I needed something better on gas as I live in a city where daily driving can be costly. Plus, I'm currently in a lifted F-150 and I'm ready for something smaller and easier to park. It will be my first new car EVER so I'm pretty stoked.

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
I know we are all frustrated with part shortages, build delays, and/or slow deliveries. But, let's take a deep breath....

Why did you order a Bronco Sport? We must all have POSITIVE reasons for doing so. Let's share them.

For me, I remember the original Bronco from my childhood. While I don't go off-roading, I really thought it would cool to be part of the Bronco rebirth and the Sport version fit my needs.
I ordered because the 3 cyl. scared my mechanics, Ford trained, and me.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I did because I loved the original, but I needed something better on gas as I live in a city where daily driving can be costly. Plus, I'm currently in a lifted F-150 and I'm ready for something smaller and easier to park. It will be my first new car EVER so I'm pretty stoked.
Mine too, congrats

Bamster00

Badlands
First Name
Bam Bam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
I had been planning to get a Subaru Forester so I could get a rugged AWD vehicle with a bit of towing power, but at the time the Forester only had small engine that was known to be weak. I was also so-so on how it looked. Out comes the 2021 BS and I fell in love at first site and decided to splurge on a BL.

Polish ghost

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford escape
Ordered a bronco badlands because I can't lock 4 wheel in the edge with the 4wh lock I will be able to get out of the yard next winter
P.s. my driveway is almost a half mile long though the woods threw two water holes and a ton of mud
And I haved owned five broncos in the past

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Why I ordered? Because I refuse to pay the $$$ markups on cars already in the dealership.
Why Bronco Sport? well, I think it suits my needs - able to fit bikes inside standing on a fork mount is important. 2.0 T feels like has adequate power and not a real gas guzzler. Off road capability is also a very big plus. it's on-road performance isn't bad either (from a around the block test drive). although I wonder if I put a set OB wheels/tires on the BL...will the on-road improve and off-road likely will suffer.

Rockdoc

Badlands
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape XLT
Started looking for a replacement for my Ford Escape, but every Ford dealer in the local area has markups of $1500-$5000 on all the BS models on their lots. I can be patient, waiting for my factory-ordered BS, rather than handing my family's summer vacation fund as ADM to a Ford dealer.

sparkerk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited to Bronco Sport

I am needing to replace my 2010 Escape (the last Escape generation that actually looks like what I think an SUV should) as it's approaching 200,000 miles and I'm not in a place right now where I can constantly fix the little nickel-and-dime things that are going bad on it. I love it, it's been a great car, but my wife suggested something new when I was looking at small/medium size lower mileage SUV replacements. This suggestion brought me back to the Bronco Sport, something I had briefly looked at before. I researched it again, took a test drive, fell in love with it and decided to order one exactly how I wanted. I'm so happy Ford added this vehicle type of vehicle to their line-up, since they have all but ruined the newer Escapes for me. I love the boxier/rugged look, 4x4 or AWD was a must, and I'm anticipating appreciating 24 city/28 or 30 hwy mpg instead of my current 17-18 city/ 24 hwy mpg with my V6 Escape, since California gas prices are almost $5 where I'm at. This will be my first brand new vehicle too, so I'm looking forward to being able to take care of it as the years pass. It just needs to be born first LOL I can't wait!
Sponsored