Who’s Waiting for a Bronco Sport Hybrid?

Fuquinay

Heritage
First Name
Fuquinay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I read online somewhere that the hybrids will not be offered until 2028.
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
That’s because they are still trying to get the escape hybrid right!!!

Ford Bronco Sport Who’s Waiting for a Bronco Sport Hybrid? IMG_1199

Ford Bronco Sport Who’s Waiting for a Bronco Sport Hybrid? IMG_1197

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
If, and that's a huge if, I were to get an EV or hybrid, it would be a lease, and only for 2 years, as I don't want to be responsible for any battery cost when that time comes. A two year lease would get me comfortable with the batteries not needed replacement, and that can be someone elses issue.

Again, a huge if.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
I see Ford hybrids used a lot as nyc cabs so they must be okay with racking up miles (200k+ miles) Prius batteries last way over 10 years and it's still a relatively easy replacement. At this point I think it's safe to trust a hybrid if the rest of the car is reliable.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see Ford hybrids used a lot as nyc cabs so they must be okay with racking up miles (200k+ miles) Prius batteries last way over 10 years and it's still a relatively easy replacement. At this point I think it's safe to trust a hybrid if the rest of the car is reliable.
The Prius' got much better in design and style this last year, but it's still a no go for me.

CODIY

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Still hoping for a PHEV Bronco Sport. If that were available in 2025 I would swap out my current BSBL

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
If, and that's a huge if, I were to get an EV or hybrid, it would be a lease, and only for 2 years, as I don't want to be responsible for any battery cost when that time comes. A two year lease would get me comfortable with the batteries not needed replacement, and that can be someone elses issue.

Again, a huge if.
A former coworker got a replacement battery on his older Prius.
Considering the cost of a new or used car, the replacement cost of the hybrid's battery was very reasonable compared to have huge monthly car payments.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
And we know what you read online is “factual”. It will happen when it happens.

Fuquinay

Heritage
First Name
Fuquinay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
And we know what you read online is “factual”. It will happen when it happens.
Don’t be snarky. My point is simply that you’ll be waiting a long time. We can’t even get our car orders delivered before the next season’s model is released.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well based on my experience I might be 6 feet under by the time a Hybrid arrived. Here's what my BSport order process and wait time felt like:

Ford Bronco Sport Who’s Waiting for a Bronco Sport Hybrid? Bronco order time lapse
Along with the wait it took to be crowned King. I guess the queen got tired of waiting.

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I don't plan on trading for a hybrid BS but it would have been a strong consideration when we were shopping. (The RAV4 Hybrid was on the short list until we drove a gasser and was unimpressed.) I'm not their target at this point, they already have my money.

I recall reading that the next generation hybrids in this platform are not able to be configured with AWD systems BUT the next generation will be designed with AWD in mind. I just hope it isn't a CVT. Have yet to drive a single one that was worth half a damn.

Aside from a Toyota hybrid I'd not be inclined to own any other manufacturer's hybrid drivetrain one vs lease. The Prius debuted in 2003, they've really gotten the tech nailed down and though batteries are still expensive, they last much longer as time has progressed and the prices have come down.

Supposedly Subaru is licensing Toyota's hybrid systems for their line to commence soon. If that's true, that's a game changer for Subie.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I'd consider it but it's not a priority.

I get that we're moving to electric. Hopefully they can mitigate the downsides within the next 10 years or so. I'm not totally against change but I want it to make sense. I almost bought an Accord Hybrid. Didn't matter to me that it was a hybrid but they do get a lot better mileage and hopefully that's a good thing.
Sponsored