Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Curious. With all the sport SUV's out there, what made the members here buy the Bronco Sport?

For me, it was the look. Saw the initial advertisements when it first came out a couple of years ago, and liked it. Spring forward to 2023, and the wife and I bought one. We had bought a new Dodge challenger back in 2020, but never really drove it. It started to "own" us; never wanting to drive it to work, rain, or other reasons. A few weeks ago, we came to the conclusion that we need room and practicality. We narrowed it down to a 4 door Jeep, or the Bronco Sport.

The local dealer was really, really proud of their Jeeps, and offered us a lowball trade in value on our Challenger (had less than 3000 miles; still smelled new). We headed over to the Ford dealership, saw the Outer banks Area 51 color Bronco sport, and bought it. Got a much better trade in value, had a great salesperson, and here we are.

We have owned it now 2 weeks, and smile big every time we drive it.
I'm 80 years old going through my second childhood. My Bronco Sport is a perfect toy.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I liked the Bronco Sports rugged looks and was impressed with the gas mileage. I had Jeep Patriots for 15 years and would have bought a 4th if they still made them. BSBB is the same size as my Patriot except for the microscopic back seat room. Having driven my BS for nearly 6 months I basically hate it. Can't wait to buy another Jeep.

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
We purchased ours mainly because of looks and the Bronco nameplate. This is my mom's personal vehicle and when I showed her the first pics of the BS, it was love at first sight. She absolutely adores the retro-modern styling, the size, and the return of the Bronco name. After she met my dad back in the late 80s, they grew up with a blue Bronco II that they both loved. So not only does she love the car for the looks but it's also for the nostalgia.

I personally love it as well. I've always been a Bronco, Bronco Sport and Maverick fanboy so I wanted to have this to go alongside my Maverick. And since they share the same platform, they drive very similarly except the Maverick is a lot more refined since it has the smoother 2.0L Ecoboost. As much as I enjoy driving the BS, it's a lot buzzier than the Maverick. At idle there's definite engine vibration that just doesn't exist in the Maverick, even on a cold start. Regardless, the BS is still the nicest and coolest (not to mention priciest) vehicle we've ever owned. I would buy it again if I had to. Same goes for the Maverick.

Repool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion '08
I live in a area known as the snow belt (Great lake area)and I get home at 11pm. I've had to get rescued from being in 2 ft of snow in an hour. I bought mine to actually get to work, and from work. There's days they don't plow my road.

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Nothing made me do it. :cool: But I was looking for something with a little bit of "off road" capability, reasonably efficient and that fit easily in my garage!

RodNSA

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
I was having issues getting in and out of my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and although I loved its looks and off-road abilities ... as a daily driver it was less than adequate for my aging body post hip and knee surgery ... and usually I would have to borrow my sister's vehicle to take my elderly relatives to the doctor, etc. So ... after I went with my niece to pick up her BS I got to drive it. For me, at this time in my life ... it was perfect and I was in love with this FUN vehicle. The next day I found a carbonized grey one in a city around 180 miles away from me ... AND ... after getting more than I paid for my 6 year old Jeep, I was able to pay cash for my BS and 2 days later the dealership delivered it to my driveway. So far, I'm still loving it ... but sometimes I do miss my Jeep.
Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? Screenshot_20230318-204227_PicCollage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Had a 2017 ford mustang gt when I lived in PA. Then I moved to Ohio in early 2021 to be with girlfriend. For one, it didn't pass their emissions check here cause it had long tube headers and no cats and secondly I figured I needed something for the winters by the Great Lakes. This was in May, we checked like 5 dealers in the area, finally found one with a badlands. They gave me a great deal on the mustang, the APR on this is 0.09% (like 50 bucks for the life of the loan), and I've driven this thing through some gnarly amounts of snow first winter I had it and she just eats it. I would've been stranded in my mustang. Haven't looked back or missed it since, this thing keeps me happy.

Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? 20220827_181319

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
I was looking at Foresters because of the price, but really wanted a 4Runner. The CVT in the Forester was a non-starter though. So I waited.

Meanwhile, my dad had ordered a BS/BL when the build site went live. He waited patiently, but after about 5-6 months had gone by he gave up and bought a different car. When the BL showed up at the lot with his name on it, he asked me if I wanted to buy it. Price was a bit more than I had planned, but the dealer sold it to me at sticker -$500 Ford incentive, at 0% interest...how could I say no!

In the end I got the right car. When I was looking at Subarus I might have considered a BS at a lower trim but they didn't exist yet...Ordering one and waiting 6 months would have driven me crazy. I still want a 4Runner someday but by comparison they are way slower, more thirsty, and waaaay overpriced.

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
I was ready to replace my aging sedan with a Forester, even though my wife already had a Forester. Then I realized the BS was a thing and it was a no brainer. More power, more off road chops, not another Forester (good car, just didn't want 2), slick looking, I could go on.

Last edited:

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Originally ordered a Maverick last August for our daughter knowing it would take forever, if we would ever see it. Then when I saw the Heritage Edition, it was game over. Ordered the Robinā€™s Egg Blue when the order banks opened and it was scheduled immediately. Daughter loves it. And the Maverick? Still ordered it (well two of them). One just got scheduled with a build date in May. Hoping my husband likes it. šŸ˜‚

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Originally reserved/ordered a 2 door Badlands. When Ford changed from building based on reservation order to dealer allocations, it was clear I wasnā€™t going to get one in 21. Granger offered Sports at 6% under invoice to their customers that had full-size models on order. Took delivery last March. Itā€™s been a great replacement for the 2006 Escape. Changed from a 2 door Badlands to a 2 door Heritage Edition in October 22. Got my April scheduled date for the 2 door for early April but it has pushed out to May. Will keep the Sport now as my daily driver. We had 14 inches of snow yesterday, the Badlands Sport doesnā€™t even flinch. Itā€™s a beast in the snow!

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
I wanted a full size Bronco. ..still do. I wasnā€™t even aware of the sport

I had no Idea where gas prices were going and also had no idea when a fully accessorized, full size, $60K+ Bronco would show up. My oldest daughter will be a driver soon so I had that to consider. What is used market going to be? Thought Iā€™d play it safe and order something boxy and cool yet capable and economical. need a way to control that outcome. If it holds its value better than average then thatā€™s a bonus too. It will likely be in her hands soon

1 year and 16,000 miles later Iā€™m content.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
The interior sold me on the Sport more than anything. I mostly hate new cars: the fat pillars, reduced visibility, not enough glass, touch screens, glossy plastics, etc.

Setting aside Ford's cheap and easily-scratched interior materials, the Bronco Sport has an excellent "old school" interior. The button placement makes sense, you can ignore the touch screen if you want, real buttons for everything.

The contemporary Toyota and Subaru interiors were awful, especially the latter's. It's like Subaru forgot they needed 20 buttons and crammed them into weird places at the last minute. I think the Forester also had two separate display screens in the center console -- just stupid. Stuff like that bothers me, perhaps more than it should, because I spend all my time behind the wheel, and can't stand thoughtlessness and goofy trends when it comes to how I interact with the vehicle.

medhat

Badlands
First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS
Guided my kid in their decision. Modest off-road capabilities and the feeling that Ford put more effort into this versus just changing the body style on an Escape, particularly with the 4WD. Incredibly versatile hauling capabilities (although we also have a skybox). Doesn't need to be babied. And in retrospect none of the issues that seem to have plagued the big Bronco (unfortunately for big Bronco owners).
Sponsored