What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I was able to finally do something, although nothing too exciting.

I drove 720 miles to get an oil change!

So I bought it near Houston, which is about 3 hours from me. The location I bought it from includes two free oil changes/tire rotations. Is that a dumb idea to save a buck? Yeah, maybe, but I also planned to do some road tripping.

It didn't go as planned but it was nice getting out of the house and driving around. I also did some sight seeing and tried some new food. I ended up spending a little time in Houston, driving to San Antonio, then driving back home.

They also suggested I change my cabin air filter. I'm at 9,800 miles and it looks pretty dirty already. Thoughts??

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 1.06.34 PM
Change it, but don't let your dealer because it cost 4X as much as doing it yourself. My dealer wanted $80 lol.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Change it, but don't let your dealer because it cost 4X as much as doing it yourself. My dealer wanted $80 lol.
They probably added $20 since I got the oil change for free. I shouldn't even be surprised they charge for the labor to change it after they take it out to begin with.

Looks like I need to pick up one from somewhere.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
David: here are part numbers for the cabin air filter and a link to one on Amazon.

Original OEM Cabin Air Filter:
FoMoCo JX6A-18D483-HA
G8VTE 665* LESA

Motorcraft FP100A (LX6Z19N619CA): new Cabin Air filters, Refresh95 successor part

Amazon has several available, you can search for Bronco Sport, here is one link (cost today is $10.09):
https://a.co/d/91o5bT8
It’s not a “Refresh95” which I’ve never been able to find the Refresh95 cabin filter.
22MRD154716
PC99542P REPLACES
FORD JX6Z-19N619-BA

Parts.ford.com MSRP: $33.95, "your price" $28.86
O’Rielly Auto Parts: $22.99, free shipping at $35+
Rockauto: $16.96 + $10.99 shipping for one filter (same shipping with 2nd filter)

Older (compatible, not as efficient) filters include JX6Z19N619BA, FP89, FP99

Another option: $20
FRAM CV12772, TrueAir Premium Cabin Air Filter with N95 Filter Media, for Ford and Lincoln Fits select: 2020-2023 FORD EXPLORER, 2020-2022 FORD ESCAPE https://www.walmart.com/ip/1872500402

CancunBadlands

Badlands
First Name
CancunBadlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Cyber Orange
Great info for a #DIY afternoon job

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport First Edition
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 1000108540

Installed the pods last night
Looks great! What brand did you with? I have Baja Designs for lightbar and 5hey have a backlight, but their apilars/ditch are not backlit so leaning towards other brands. Love the backlight since the reg lights are so strong for road use that at least backlight is nice. Love Amber too!

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Will this work to detach the glove box to change out the cabin air filter?

I have no idea why they made it so hard to detach and it looks like it'll break after some time.

Maybe that's why the dealer charges $100 to replace that filter.
The smallest hose plier that I have my set (Pittsburgh from Harbor Freight) were not small enough to fully compress that snap. I tried using a small socket on the end of an extension and pushing it onto the end of that clip, but that didn’t work. What did seem to work was a standard slip joint plier and I still had to apply some force on that arm to get it to pop off. I have a set of mini pliers that has a sort of stubby flat end plier (don’t know the name for this type) and that worked well too. Pretty much every tool box has a slip joint plier in it though.

I haven’t replaced the cabin air filter yet, but now I know how to do so. Thanks @davidg4781 for the video!

Chevo1468

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Looks great! What brand did you with? I have Baja Designs for lightbar and 5hey have a backlight, but their apilars/ditch are not backlit so leaning towards other brands. Love the backlight since the reg lights are so strong for road use that at least backlight is nice. Love Amber too!
Sorry for the late response. I'm actually using the pods that I had bought like 2 years ago. They came in a set of like 8 different lights I got on Amazon for like 100 bux. The yellow you see on the pods and the fogs is actually just yellow film. It's all mostly DIY including my brackets 😂😂

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport First Edition
Sorry for the late response. I'm actually using the pods that I had bought like 2 years ago. They came in a set of like 8 different lights I got on Amazon for like 100 bux. The yellow you see on the pods and the fogs is actually just yellow film. It's all mostly DIY including my brackets 😂😂
sounds great to me and look great too! I just picked up some laminx film for the fogs🙌🏼

strckerie

Big Bend
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Today our 2021 BS BB got new shoes. Vredestein Hitrac All Season, 70,000 mile tires. Took the new Blizzaks off after a mild winter. Needed to replace the original Continentals.
We'll never offroad, needing good traction and control in all non-winter conditions for city and highway. I haven't driven it yet, my husband says they feel great. Fingers crossed they are good as reviews have stated. I like too they don't look whimpy for an all season.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20240312_115038

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Today our 2021 BS BB got new shoes. Vredestein Hitrac All Season, 70,000 mile tires. Took the new Blizzaks off after a mild winter. Needed to replace the original Continentals.
We'll never offroad, needing good traction and control in all non-winter conditions for city and highway. I haven't driven it yet, my husband says they feel great. Fingers crossed they are good as reviews have stated. I like too they don't look whimpy for an all season.
I've read good things about Vredestein tires. Please give an update sometime down the road.