What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Ordered new shoes. Falken Wildpeak AT3W 235/65R17. Next time, If there is one, I‘ll order them with the vehicle for an even better deal. As it is, Discount Tire gave me a great price for 5, with an acceptable trade value for my Pirelli’s. Saved me having to find a buyer locally. Fingers crossed they arrive this week. Also saw a CO Bronco, a black Sport, a white BB Sport and the CO BB Sport (below).

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 9338138C-F0F4-48EF-BDFA-6E6CD9A1B6DE

Last edited:

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Ordered new shoes. Falken Wildpeak AT3W 235/65R17. Next time, If there is one, I‘ll order them with the vehicle for an even better deal. As it is, Discount Tire gave me a great price for 5, with an acceptable trade value for my Pirelli’s. Saved me having to find a buyer locally. Fingers crossed they arrive this week. Also saw a CO Bronco, a black Sport, a white BB Sport and the CO BB Sport (below).
Thank you for your business, Jane!

UncleRenty

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2021 Tesla MYLR
Fairly easy in my opinion. All you do is access the factory 6x9 sub and tap into it with a Line Output Converter. Once that’s done just run your power wire, find a good ground, and leave the factory sub disconnected and enjoy clean/deep bass. Sounds 1000x better now. Makes the B&O on my F150 sound weak. Lol
What did you tap into for power for the sub?

Horse n Buggy

Badlands
First Name
Stoge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I installed the Rival Hood Struts today. Had a few small hiccups in the install, total time probably a half hour, most of which was spent looking for a 12mm wrench.

The box was missing half of the washers for the lower mounts but I had some extra that fit around my garage, the biggest hurdle was finding a 12mm wrench where the instructions called out the need for a 13mm for the top mount stud. It was definitely not a 13 and my random pile of accrued wrenches was missing a 12, but I solved it with some vice grips, not optimal but passable.

I've heard some concern that having a front bug deflector will complicate closing the hood with struts especially if they are too stiff, I don't have that issue. They seem to be very well tuned pressure wise, easy open and hold, and easy close, just bring it down most of the way and throw it down the last few inches.

Last note is, the dual stage hood release seems to be single stage now. I wonder if that is due to the struts, it seems securely closed but if I encounter any issues I'll make sure to pass the word along

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? PXL_20221016_205720471

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? PXL_20221016_205713724

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 9338138C-F0F4-48EF-BDFA-6E6CD9A1B6DE
That one belongs to one of the barbers. She got it the same day I picked up mine. I parked them together on their 2nd or 3rd day of ownership.

Dark

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On to our fourth set of tires. Yokohama Geolander G015 @ 265/65r17 on 17x8 +40 wheels.

Really happy with the traction, noise, and ride quality with these (all of which were concerns on the KO2's we had).

Minor rubbing of the pinch weld at full lock but haven't experienced this in our daily routine--I'll be trimming it back regardless.

Overall, think we found the final tire choice. :whew:

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? side

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? rear

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? quarter

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? center_ca

Last edited:

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
On to our fourth set of tires. Yokohama Geolander G015 @ 265/65r17 on 17x8 +40 wheels.

Really happy with the traction, noise, and ride quality with these (all of which were concerns on the KO2's we had).

Minor rubbing of the pinch weld at full lock but haven't experienced this in our daily routine--I'll be trimming it back regardless.

Overall, think we found the final tire choice. :whew:

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? side

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? rear

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? quarter

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? center_ca
good to know someone that has tried a few different tires out. these ones look solid, nice choice!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
There are a number of really good reasons why should not trim those pinch welds. Trimming pinch welds for a body-on-frame car is fine--the welds provide no structural purpose. The Bronco Sport utilizes a unibody frame, and the different body parts support and transfer structural loads between each other. If you weaken the connection (the welds) between those parts you may compromise the frame's structural integrity.

Dark

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are a number of really good reasons why should not trim those pinch welds. Trimming pinch welds for a body-on-frame car is fine--the welds provide no structural purpose. The Bronco Sport utilizes a unibody frame, and the different body parts support and transfer structural loads between each other. If you weaken the connection (the welds) between those parts you may compromise the frame's structural integrity.
Correct.
I haven't inspected the pinch weld yet but if I could get away with removing enough to retain the spot welds then that would be an option. The other option would be to fold it over--sacrificing some rigidity but retaining the seam and metal.

At the end of the day I'm not concerned with the trimming impacting the structure considering the location and amount of material to be removed.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
At the end of the day I'm not concerned with the trimming impacting the structure considering the location and amount of material to be removed.
I'm not an automotive structural engineer, so I can't tell you whether or how much trimming will compromise structural integrity. Be that as it may, structural integrity is not the only concern. Manufacturers also apply a sealant between the two pieces of metal to prevent corrosion. Again, I can't tell you whether or how much trimming will compromise corrosion mitigation. Structural integrity and corrosion prevention are pretty important issues for me, so I wouldn't base any decision on guesswork.

Bending them is probably a lot safer option.

Dark

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not an automotive structural engineer, so I can't tell you whether or how much trimming will compromise structural integrity. Be that as it may, structural integrity is not the only concern. Manufacturers also apply a sealant between the two pieces of metal to prevent corrosion. Again, I can't tell you whether or how much trimming will compromise corrosion mitigation. Structural integrity and corrosion prevention are pretty important issues for me, so I wouldn't base any decision on guesswork.

Bending them is probably a lot safer option.
It's absolutely recommended that seam sealer is reapplied or, at the very least, some appropriate paint. Even with folding it over one should consider seam sealer inside the fold and paint or sealer on the outside as paint will most likely be chipped away during the process.

I'm more concerned with trying to retain the liner or alteration of the liner so the metal is protected from debris wear.

Hooligan88

Outer Banks
First Name
Holli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
1) Aeroskin Hood Deflector.
2) Rear Bumper protector.
3) Color matched Tufskinz lettering. I have the complete front/back set, but decided to try covering just the SPORT on the tailgate.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? FA7A1C7C-FC64-4AE8-BF20-5F055B881146_1_201_a

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? FC33ADEB-792A-4D31-BC75-1D72CB9F9B5D_1_201_a

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 0A28C59D-3212-4D2D-9339-56A251737018_1_201_a

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? E35EB57E-D32D-42D9-9FC6-208DC02E7223_1_201_a
Is the rear bumper protector from Ford?
Sponsored