Picked up BS BL today. Dealer claimed $1,000 order incentive did NOT apply to Bronco Sport!

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Both the salesman and the finance guy *insisted* that we were not eligible for the $1,000 credit.

The salesman had a Ford page open on his PC that listed eligible and ineligible vehicles. The print was so small that I couldn't read it. He saw that the "Bronco SUV" was ineligible and said that referred to the BS(?!). I said that "Bronco SUV" sounded like the "big Bronco". Nope, he swore it was the BS.

I kept saying that I knew I had seen the BS listed as one of the vehicles, in several different places. They claimed I was mistaken.

Finally I got online and found a Ford website clearly listing the BS. Oddly, after they had been so adamant that the $1,000 credit did not apply, neither of them looked at what I had found!

It was as if they knew all along that the $1,000 credit did apply but just wanted me to find proof. Pretty strange.

That begs the question, is there some reason they would not want us to get the credit/incentive? If we had believed them and not pursued it, could the dealership have kept the $1,000?

Edit to add: The salesman really pushed FordPass. From what we were told, I thought it was just a helpful little app so we installed it at the dealer. Back home I saw an email from FordPass. I clicked on the "Privacy" link and found that FordPass enables Ford to collect all sorts of potentially damaging/incriminating data -- speed; G-forces; location; direction, etc. I just started a thread about it -- it's over in the technical section:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/fordpass-is-watching-you-reporting-your-speed-g-forces-etc.5487/#post-93945
Sponsored

Last edited:

P-NUT

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mkz, 2011 F150 FX4, 1975 MGB
Both the salesman and the finance guy *insisted* that we were not eligible for the $1,000 credit.

The salesman had a Ford page open on his PC that listed eligible and ineligible vehicles. The print was so small that I couldn't read it. He saw that the "Bronco SUV" was ineligible and said that referred to the BS(?!). I said that "Bronco SUV" sounded like the "big Bronco". Nope, he swore it was the BS.

I kept saying that I knew I had seen the BS listed as one of the vehicles, in several different places. They claimed I was mistaken.

Finally I got online and found a Ford website clearly listing the BS. Oddly, after they had been so adamant that the $1,000 credit did not apply, neither of them looked at what I had found!

It was as if they knew all along that the $1,000 credit did apply but just wanted me to find proof. Pretty strange.

That begs the question, is there some reason they would not want us to get the credit/incentive? If we had believed them and not pursued it, could the dealership have kept the $1,000?
Ford offers the incentive to the customer, the incentive is payed no matter if the customer gets it or the dealer gets it. Sounds to me like the dealer was trying to collect some extra cash at your expense. A dealer has the ability to run a vincent report that will inform of all available incentives associated with the vehicle.

tifpwg

Outer Banks
First Name
Tif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Wow, If never do business with that dealership again! My salesmen pointed OUT the $1000 custom order incentive to me!

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Is the incentive tied to using their financing?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Is the incentive tied to using their financing?
nope. Just for custom ordering.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Glad you stuck to your guns and were informed by being part of this community. It’s too bad that it even had to come to that.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine got paid directly to the dealership. Pretty sure they could have kept it if you didn’t press the issue.
Ford Bronco Sport Picked up BS BL today.  Dealer claimed $1,000 order incentive did NOT apply to Bronco Sport! FCCD591D-C1F6-449F-A5A2-ED84C440674F

Last edited:

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nope. Just for custom ordering.
I'll shoot for it when I get to pickup. Hopefully I can find something to printout about it since I remember getting the flyer but tossed it in the recycle can.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll shoot for it when I get to pickup. Hopefully I can find something to printout about it since I remember getting the flyer but tossed it in the recycle can.
No, demand it! You are entitled to this. The ad runs constantly on TV and shows the sport. They are calling it “incentive guarantee “ saying either at order or pick up.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, demand it! You are entitled to this. The ad runs constantly on TV and shows the sport. They are calling it “incentive guarantee “ saying either at order or pick up.
I've not bought a car in 5 years, so I'm rusty on and really, really hate the process. I'm a cash buyer, so I know there's less incentive to deal with me because they can't take me to the cleaners in the F&I office. With the market conditions the way they are I'm willing to pay MSRP because that is considerably below market price and I know they aren't making extra money off me from the financing. It's hard everywhere, and I want this dealership to succeed because they have been decent to me in the past. I'm hoping that MSRP plus buying some accessories through them will be enough to keep them as honest as a dealership can be. My main demands will be the incentive and a decent trade in price...anything I can do to lower the amount of tax I turn over for this idiot state to mismanage is good in my book.

PapaHotel

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer 2019 Ecosport
When was the incentive available? I was not told of it, but I got my offer toward the invoice price rather than MSRP, so it might not have been available at the time of sale.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When was the incentive available? I was not told of it, but I got my offer toward the invoice price rather than MSRP, so it might not have been available at the time of sale.
When did you order? It’s been active for the past 6 months or so.
Sponsored