Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
This thread to say the least is pure comedy gold. I suggest none of you ever tour an assembly line. You might stop driving. Cute cover by the way. If mine ever escapes the desert hold lot, I'll see if it comes with one. Or maybe I won't.
Hi BB
Just for the record, I worked on assembly lines as a controls engineer both at Pontiac and Oldsmobile. I am quite familiar with assembly lines.
No, I had nothing to do with either company going out of business!
Joe in NH
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hi BB
Just for the record, I worked on assembly lines as a controls engineer both at Pontiac and Oldsmobile. I am quite familiar with assembly lines.
No, I had nothing to do with either company going out of business!
Joe in NH
Yeah...that makes sense. Glad the cover worked out. I'll hit you up for supervision when my sport arrives around... Halloween

M1Tanker

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I called Ford Customer Service and was told that the owners manual doesn't say if you are supposed to have a cover or not, and the engine cover is not listed on the window sticker. I explained that it's part of the engine and would never appear on the window sticker. Then I was told to take it up with my dealer...
Seems like a bunch of BS to me, no pun intended!
Hello, my sales person told me that they don't come on the lower end models. ???
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 20210907_105611

I went to the parts department and had them look up the part. According to the parts department it's supposed to be on all Bronco Sports. He printed out the diagram from the engine files. I took that to the sales manager and he went with me to service and scheduled the part order and install.

He did a great job but my sales rep, not so much. They have me scheduled in 2 weeks. Part should be here next week. Hope this helps.

21 OBX 51

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Great information, Thanks for posting the SB from Ford. I Was originally concerned about the missing item due to the documented assembly issues. I ordered my BS in April, it was delivered last week, and came with the Rear View camera washer that was not on earlier builds, I guess its a good Trade off!

Jetty's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jetty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Has anybody received any feedback from Ford about missing engine covers?
Maybe if enough people complain Ford will rectify this...
Dealer stated it does not come with one - however, this video proves otherwise.....see 9 minute 10-second mark -

Lufifi

Big Bend
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Dealer stated it does not come with one - however, this video proves otherwise.....see 9 minute 10-second mark -
They don't come with them anymore per all of the info online and several dealerships with whom I've inquired. Interestingly, my folks just bought a Nissan Rogue Platinum and they are not coming with them anymore either. Seems like it is another victim of the parts shortage.

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They don't come with them anymore per all of the info online and several dealerships with whom I've inquired. Interestingly, my folks just bought a Nissan Rogue Platinum and they are not coming with them anymore either. Seems like it is another victim of the parts shortage.
Or we are victims of a greedy manufacturer...

Larryjaquins

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I complained to the dealer I got mine from. They said the same thing it was built without one. I told them bs I want to see. They can lookup your vin and tell you what your car has and what it doesn’t have. I complained about it and said in all of the brochures and websites says it comes with one. I bought a new car assuming everything that Show should be on that car. the dealer is paying for the parts for the engine cover and not charging anything to put it on

Lufifi

Big Bend
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
I complained to the dealer I got mine from. They said the same thing it was built without one. I told them bs I want to see. They can lookup your vin and tell you what your car has and what it doesn’t have. I complained about it and said in all of the brochures and websites says it comes with one. I bought a new car assuming everything that Show should be on that car. the dealer is paying for the parts for the engine cover and not charging anything to put it on
Ford has repeatedly put out information that it no longer comes with one. Other manufacturers (like Nissan) are also no longer putting the engine cover on. Glad they were able to accommodate you and get it put on!

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am happy for those of you that have decent dealers that are willing to help. Apparently my dealer was only interested in selling me the BS. Their heavily inflated prices for the cover parts prompted me to find them online at much better prices.

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Honda HR-V
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 3C298059-12E5-4D36-8944-256E9EBAB778

All is right in the world. LOL

My salesman was a douche about it, these dealerships kind of have us by the balls nowadays. I'm 100% positive my Subaru dealership would have just ordered me a cover had I bought a new Subie.

I signed up for a Ford Pass Visa and I had a $100 credit, so I used that to purchase the cover and the 3 stud bolts.

I estimate I got myself 10 extra hp for this install.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 3C298059-12E5-4D36-8944-256E9EBAB778

All is right in the world. LOL

My salesman was a douche about it, these dealerships kind of have us by the balls nowadays. I'm 100% positive my Subaru dealership would have just ordered me a cover had I bought a new Subie.

I signed up for a Ford Pass Visa and I had a $100 credit, so I used that to purchase the cover and the 3 stud bolts.

I estimate I got myself 10 extra hp for this install.
My BS BB did not come with an engine cover either. When I asked my salesguy about it, he said they stopped including them due to the struggle with parts production. He offered to order me one and I didn't even have to ask. Did you put it on yourself or have the dealership do it? I was reading previous posts saying there is a bracket or brace or something in the way?

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Honda HR-V
My BS BB did not come with an engine cover either. When I asked my salesguy about it, he said they stopped including them due to the struggle with parts production. He offered to order me one and I didn't even have to ask. Did you put it on yourself or have the dealership do it? I was reading previous posts saying there is a bracket or brace or something in the way?
Ordered the parts to my home and did it myself with tips from Viking’s earlier post.

1. Used a little anti-seize on each screw and got those in first.

2. Carefully cut the two small zip ties with some cutting pliers. Make sure to not cut the tubes or their insulation. Also, make sure to not drop any small pieces of the zip ties into the engine.

3. Took a little bit of leverage, but pull the brace straight up. Don’t torque it at an angle, don’t want to risk breaking the special longer stud bolt that the brace holds onto. Make sure to hold the right side tube out of the way for when the brace pops off.

4. Place the cover on and push each of the four spots where the studs are til you hear/feel it engage.

5. Appreciate how much better it looks, and try to figure out why Ford couldn’t have just included the cover in the first place.

Sidenote: it appears with the cover installed, it completely secures those two tubes/cords. The brace just seems to prevent them from “lifting off” the top of the engine. The brace’s primary function doesn’t seem for supporting those tubes/cords from underneath. Everything fits nice and snug after.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ordered the parts to my home and did it myself with tips from Viking’s earlier post.

1. Used a little anti-seize on each screw and got those in first.

2. Carefully cut the two small zip ties with some cutting pliers. Make sure to not cut the tubes or their insulation. Also, make sure to not drop any small pieces of the zip ties into the engine.

3. Took a little bit of leverage, but pull the brace straight up. Don’t torque it at an angle, don’t want to risk breaking the special longer stud bolt that the brace holds onto. Make sure to hold the right side tube out of the way for when the brace pops off.

4. Place the cover on and push each of the four spots where the studs are til you hear/feel it engage.

5. Appreciate how much better it looks, and try to figure out why Ford couldn’t have just included the cover in the first place.

Sidenote: it appears with the cover installed, it completely secures those two tubes/cords. The brace just seems to prevent them from “lifting off” the top of the engine. The brace’s primary function doesn’t seem for supporting those tubes/cords from underneath. Everything fits nice and snug after.
Thank you so much for that explanation! The cover and bolts are at my dealership waiting for me to pick them up. I'm going to see if they will just do it for me really quick while I'm there lol, but if they won't I'll be doing it.
Sponsored