Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
"...In the bathtub" lol
I’ve tried to use my hairdryer in the bathtub a few times… but I can never remember what happens after I turn it on. Except I wake up in a hospital bed………….:computerrage:

carpaymentkid

Big Bend
First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rapid red bronco sport
Has anybody received any feedback from Ford about missing engine covers?
Maybe if enough people complain Ford will rectify this...
Just got my big bend yesterday no engine cover . Dealer said there is a build code that shows mine was built without engine cover ???

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Just got my big bend yesterday no engine cover . Dealer said there is a build code that shows mine was built without engine cover ???
Yeah, my dealer told me that too. I told them I already knew that, I opened the hood and looked! Duh!

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
lol, I open the hood to see my engine not some stupid piece of plastic

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol, I open the hood to see my engine not some stupid piece of plastic
Some of us now have engines that are protected by that "stupid piece of plastic":like:
By the way, it isn't plastic, it is made out of some type of high density foam. If ya had one, you would know that!

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Some of us now have engines that are protected by that "stupid piece of plastic":like:
By the way, it isn't plastic, it is made out of some type of high density foam. If ya had one, you would know that!
Yeah! It’s high density Foam! Way better then plastic!

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
I used to have one of those stupid pieces of plastic on my Raptor. 11 years now without and no damage so far. Regardless of it's actual makeup it's plastic at it's heart. :rockon:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
It's a guy thing!
If engine covers are so useless, why has Ford and other manufacturers built millions of cars and trucks with them?
To help keep idiots from tampering with things, no actually I think it was to beautify the engine compartment for the she beasties, No wait ! I got it !
To make it appear harder to change your own spark plugs thereby saving you hundreds of dollars they want to make!!
Seriously I think it’s to make the vehicle look more expensive (This trend started on big dollar sports cars),and possibly to help hold heat in the top that would help equalize head temperature with the engine block for longevity and turbo efficiency.
,,,, bet that will worry a few people…. I MADE THAT UP peoples, don’t freak out as your baby is ok !!!!!

Last edited:

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To help keep idiots from tampering with things, no actually I think it was to beautify the engine compartment for the she beasties, No wait ! I got it !
To make it appear harder to change your own spark plugs thereby saving you hundreds of dollars they want to make!!
Seriously I think it’s to make the vehicle look more expensive (This trend started on big dollar sports cars),and possibly to help hold heat in the top that would help equalize head temperature with the engine block for longevity and turbo efficiency.
,,,, bet that will worry a few people…. I MADE THAT UP peoples, don’t freak out as your baby is ok !!!!!
You got spark plugs??? I had to pay extra for those!!!

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
You got spark plugs??? I had to pay extra for those!!!
My she beasty in me gotta ask: do they still use those sparkplugs in cars these days?

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My she beasty in me gotta ask: do they still use those sparkplugs in cars these days?
Nah, this is a true off road woods car. Those that were lucky enough not to get an engine cover have to build 3 small fires on top of their engine to ignite the charge. (4 for the 2.0)

carpaymentkid

Big Bend
First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rapid red bronco sport
I finally heard back from my dealer. They sent me a copy of some kind of a factory build sheet for our Bronco Sport called an Oasis report and it clearly shows that it it is built "less engine cover". At this point I am very disappointed in Ford for leaving out parts that I paid for. I have asked my dealer what they are willing to do and I am waiting for a reply. I have 2 Fords that I purchased there and have always used them for my service needs. If they are not willing to help me, there are many other Ford dealers that would like to have my business. We will see...
My dealer said they would be glad to order it for me ! Yea right