Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
I just used a little anti-sieze on the studs. There is no rotational force on the studs, I don't see why loc-tite would be necessary.
my comment was more of a warning than anything. I'm in the anti seize camp for this app as well.
As to rotational force, why did my XL350 foot peg bolts keep coming out?
no rotating force there ? they vibrated out, usually when I was blasting through the woods, till loctited that is.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Thank you for enlightening us. For those of us that purchased the parts, we would like to make the work...
Ford changed how they build the vehicle. It isn’t included in the vehicle anymore. And, unless you paid for the vehicle upfront before it was built, you didn’t purchase it. If you put a deposit on it, you reserved a vehicle when your turn came up. That’s it. And Ford has the right to change how they make the vehicle whether you or anyone else likes it or not.

If it is such a big deal, go buy something else with an engine cover on it.

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Honda HR-V
The part will pull off ( unhook the wire stays and pull it straight up) and your cover will fit perfectly. I cant see where the brace does much in the way of stress relief....IMO

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! DSC_0115.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! DSC_0116.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! DSC_0119.JPG
So is the white stud that was left behind when your removed the brace the one that’s attached to the cover before they made the change, or do we have to order the “special stud” from the part diagram?

Did just pulling it straight up work in removing it, or did you have to pull apart the little tab that gripped it white stud?

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Pretty harsh man....If I see nice car in a showroom and buy it, then when I get it, they dont include door locks.....in your opinion, since it will run, quit whining and STFU is that correct?
?‍♂ So door locks and a non functional engine cover are the same thing now.

I give up. Everybody sue Ford now.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
?‍♂ So door locks and a non functional engine cover are the same thing now.

I give up. Everybody sue Ford now.
Don’t even try man. This thread just keeps going. It’s one of my favorite threads to read honestly. And since @Theviking posted how to install it perfectly, hopefully all these guys can be happy now. Maybe…..

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Not even remotely disappointed. I am glad you are happy. Did you finally source a dust cover for your engine Joseph (now that we are on a first name basis and all ;P)?
I sure did, Chris, and with help from the Viking I got it installed. Thank you so much for caring!

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! PXL_20210904_194115890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
This thread to say the least is pure comedy gold. I suggest none of you ever tour an assembly line. You might stop driving. Cute cover by the way. If mine ever escapes the desert hold lot, I'll see if it comes with one. Or maybe I won't.
Sponsored