Outer Banks
First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Yes mine is missing!
I have several calls and texts into my dealership. So far the only information they have given me is that they have other BS's with missing covers...If i don't get answers soon I'm going to call Ford. When I ordered my BS they were shipping with engine covers...
I called Ford about my BS with no cover, it was 6 weeks ago and still no answer. Just their way of making more money. I have an Outer Banks and i do not car what anyone thinks, the engine compartment looks pretty cheap without the cover. I will go after Ford and the dealer again.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
I called Ford about my BS with no cover, it was 6 weeks ago and still no answer. Just their way of making more money. I have an Outer Banks and i do not car what anyone thinks, the engine compartment looks pretty cheap without the cover. I will go after Ford and the dealer again.
They don't come with the engine cover any more. If you think it looks pretty cheap without it, your dealer's parts department will gladly sell you one.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I called Ford Customer Service and was told that the owners manual doesn't say if you are supposed to have a cover or not, and the engine cover is not listed on the window sticker. I explained that it's part of the engine and would never appear on the window sticker. Then I was told to take it up with my dealer...
Seems like a bunch of BS to me, no pun intended!
Ford deleted it due to supply issues ( which saved them a few dollars). Someone at HQ decided to drop them entirely without communication to dealer or customer. Not well handled at all. 100% manufacturers responsibility to resolve. As a recently retired dealer I went to bat with Ford for a customer, they said sorry we will not be supplying or compensating anyone. My new Badlands doesn't have one, it's ugly under the hood but honestly who aside from you looks under there? I don't agree with their decision but not going to lose sleep over it. I can buy one (even though I shouldn't have to) if I really want one Thankfully I do have the hood insulation blanket which actually works well to quiet down engine noise which is mostly from fuel injection.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Ford has already stated they are no longer suppling engine covers on the Bronco Sport.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My 2019 Escape has the 2.0 Ecoboost with engine cover and hood insulation.

With the Badlands not having the engine cover and (potentially) hood insulation, will engine noise be significantly louder on the outside and inside?

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My 2019 Escape has the 2.0 Ecoboost with engine cover and hood insulation.

With the Badlands not having the engine cover and (potentially) hood insulation, will engine noise be significantly louder on the outside and inside?
I believe the BL is the only model that continues to come with it and I doubt the normal person could distinguish the sound difference between engine cover and no engine cover unless it's my TDi or Powerstroke.

Badwolf13

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
My 2021 Big Bend didn't have the hood blanket/insulator either.....a cheap out on Ford's part. I was also missing the passenger footwell/under dash plastic cover. God knows what else is missing......only time will tell! What is Ford 's recalls up to now?.....11-12 on the Bronco Sport. Custom Works over on YouTube just did a video on the issues with the Ford Maverick Customer Issues And Complaints Newww dated May ! 2022 as well. I told Clint Allen that is was assembled in the same Hermosillo, Mexico plant so what do people expect. Ford's quality is no longer job one.

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I think what we're seeing is simply the result of shortages accompanied by the leeway given to dealers in Ford's franchise system to decide whether or not to supply missing covers for free. I didn't take it personally that my Bronco didn't come with it and bought one because I want to do a couple of things to it to customize the engine bay.

The shortages are going to become worse before they get better, so buckle up and get ready. If you haven't yet seen a shipping map of vessels waiting to get into Chinese ports, have a look.

Ships in Port SHANGHAI, China ( - DUAL TRACKING - ) (marinevesseltraffic.com)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The Badlands no longer gets the engine cover either. It still gets the under hood insulation.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
So the spare tire well is missing a fabric liner
Before I contact the dealer it would be best to check the forum consensus
I present my case before the panel of experts
What say you
Is the missing liner a 21 to 22 change?
Or did I get to contribute to the Ford Jim Farley Fund bonus package?
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 1651497601538

Last edited:

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
So the spare tire well is missing a fabric liner
Before I contact the dealer it would be best to check the forum consensus
I present my case before the panel of experts
What say you
Is the missing liner a 21 to 22 change?
Or did I get to contribute to the Ford Jim Farley Fund bonus package?
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 1651497601538
Don't think there ever was a fabric liner. What you ARE missing is a real spare tire. :cwl:

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 7B6B5800-4B9B-4C0A-977F-4726955CC7EB
Sponsored