Upset over missing engine cover!

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
As for hood insulators, I'm pretty sure the Badlands/FE with 2.0L never had them. Were they ever a thing on the Bronco Sport?
My '22 BL built 12/4/21 has the hood insulation, does yours not?
Sponsored

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
My '22 BL built 12/4/21 has the hood insulation, does yours not?
Our ‘21 BL does not. But then I got thinking and remembered our ‘22 BL does. Had a total brain fart there. So I took a look to see for sure. Here’s a pic under the hood of our ‘22 BL. Insulator is there. And we have something else most do not and it came from the factory this way, believe it or not. I did not buy the engine cover separately. It seems a few did trickle out this way before the bulletin saying that there would be no more engine covers. Not sure when ours was built down to the day But it is an 01/22 build.

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 8B67BB63-3F5E-40D2-9C11-A394114D925D

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
And we have something else most do not and it came from the factory this way, believe it or not. I did not buy the engine cover separately. It seems a few did trickle out this way before the bulletin saying that there would be no more engine covers. Not sure when ours was built down to the day But it is an 01/22 build.
Interesting...your's is the first '22 BL I've heard of with the engine cover. Mine was built a month or so before yours and I don't have the cover...

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Interesting...your's is the first '22 BL I've heard of with the engine cover. Mine was built a month or so before yours and I don't have the cover...
I was surprised to get it. I know a few '22s (all Badlands with the 2.0L) did trickle out with the engine covers early in production. My door tag says it's an 01/22 build, but we were originally queued for production in December, then pushed ahead to mid November and my production date/status changed several times. Got the email from Ford that it had been built on about January 7. Took a month to find its way to the dealership... It's a head scratcher how it all worked out and only Ford may know, which I'm sure they don't.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Just sold my 2021 Big Bend to Carvana. Here's what the engine looked like from the factory.

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 5D3BF539-7A57-46C8-A95D-3BA742922D74_1_201_a

Picked up my new 2022 Outer Banks yesterday.
Here's what its engine looks like.

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! E9AE0900-BF64-43EA-9257-2E31B63FC5EB_1_201_a

Now I need some further instructions. Is this where I am supposed to be outraged about the lack of an engine cover? I really need some guidance on this. I slept fine last night. Was that wrong? Am I taking this huge injustice too lightly? Please help.
Now of course everyone in this thread will ask why you didn’t remove the engine cover from your 21 & put it on your 22 before letting it go. ?

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Has anybody received any feedback from Ford about missing engine covers?
Maybe if enough people complain Ford will rectify this...
Called my sales rep and got one in 3 days

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
In the first place, the engine without the engine cover looks more like the old ball of twine in the kitchen utility drawer. And secondly, I suspect the chipmonks leaving nuts all over the engine might be distracted by the sight of all those tasty wires without the cover.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Hmm. Did come with (Mid Jan build) hood insulation, but no engine cover. FWIW, folks' Corsair didn't either, so...

3leggedhorse

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Dollars and cents......that plastic bracket and two zip ties is probably cheaper than the foam cover and 3 more ball studs......someone got a promotion and you got a plastic bracket

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco sport Big bend
FORD stopped installing the engine cover and made it a $200approx. Option. That being said, try and get it. No dealership has it in stock and don't know if and when they can get it. 3 months ago I ordered the " in stock"engine cover, insulation and 4 mounting posts required for the installation, all sold separately for the combined price of $200approx.,and I'm still waiting for the cover now that no dealer has or can get. Yeah! Ya might need to forget that add on.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco sport Big bend
Of course it should come with a cover! Every communication should be via email or at least confirmed by email with cc to whomever the Ford consumer reps are until you get a commitment from someone that is documented. Lather, rinse, repeat until solved. Everyone knows Ford has supply issues but that doesn’t excuse them from acknowledging something like this on the front end. Ridiculous!
FORD is down playing the need for the cover call it a vanity cover which is an unnecessary part. My take on all this is Ford decided to save production costs because of the numerous recalls and sell the covers as an accessory make some money back on the overall costs of the recalls.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
FORD stopped installing the engine cover and made it a $200approx. Option. That being said, try and get it. No dealership has it in stock and don't know if and when they can get it. 3 months ago I ordered the " in stock"engine cover, insulation and 4 mounting posts required for the installation, all sold separately for the combined price of $200approx.,and I'm still waiting for the cover now that no dealer has or can get. Yeah! Ya might need to forget that add on.
Ya might read the thread and see that the person you quoted did in fact get their engine cover.

Also, I know someone that got an engine cover at their dealer just 2 weeks ago.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I asked my salesman. He ordered a cover that I paid for with my Ford points. Had it within three days. He also ordered the hardware to install. Another 3 days. He then installed it for me. As a former Aif Force airplane mechanic, he obviously knew what he was doing. If anyone is having a problem, I suggest you work with your sales guy. Mine was right on it.

Tom 5778

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange OB, Factory Five Racing roadster
In the first place, the engine without the engine cover looks more like the old ball of twine in the kitchen utility drawer. And secondly, I suspect the chipmonks leaving nuts all over the engine might be distracted by the sight of all those tasty wires without the cover.
I took all the covers off my wife’s Lexus ES350. They provided way to much cover for nesting rodents.
Sponsored