DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge, 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands
I am a new Bronco Sport owner so not familiar with everything about it yet. I just found out that I can turn the radio on while the car is shut off by just hitting the radio on button and bypassing hitting the start button for auxiliary power. The downside of this is if you forget to turn off the radio before leaving the car it will still be on. I assume it would have turned off eventually but I got out of the car after turning the radio on with the radio power button and when I came back about 10 minutes later the radio was still on when I opened the door.

What features were you surprised to find out were on your Bronco Sport?
Sponsored

ATLAS BLUE BADLANDS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BADLANDS
Yet to receive it - but the suede leather was a surprise - and the rotating knob of a shifter. The peppy power of the 2.0L in a test drive was really nice. I drive a 6.2L Silverado now - used to more cubes and more weight. Of course the the auto stop/start is a surprising pain on new cars now. Installed the Auto Start Eliminator today on the wife's Subaru Outback - easy install and works like a charm. BS will get it too right away.

Ford Bronco Sport Things you like or were surprised to find on your Bronco Sport 112

Ford Bronco Sport Things you like or were surprised to find on your Bronco Sport 113

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like the interior too. I was also happy to find that the Badlands came with laminated front side windows which improve sound deadening inside the cabin. The glass really helps with road noise.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My biggest surprise was the warning when you get too close to the car in front. The flashing red lights and loud beep scared me so bad I almost hit the car in front of me. But, being a Chicago-type driver, I’m now to the point that if it does not activate at least 2 times per trip, I drove improperly safe.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
Cooling fans within the headlamp assembly (thought that was weird)
how warm the heated seats get
cornering lamps
an actual button for the front camera…very handy
paddle shifting
full size spare
headroom
the 2.0 lays the power down nice, doesnt seem to notice on-ramps and hills!
the rubber on the back side of the rear seats

everything else I pretty much knew before hand.

one more thing - my wife’s love for it. We sold our Excursion and ordered a new Expedition Max 4x4 Limited. That’s her daily driver as I’m typically by myself commuting and she is hauling our children all over. she had little to no interest in the ordering process but was particular with the Max. Now, she drives the BS any time she can because it’s easy to maneuver and it fits her perfectly…. That was most unexpected

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
My biggest surprise was the warning when you get too close to the car in front. The flashing red lights and loud beep scared me so bad I almost hit the car in front of me. But, being a Chicago-type driver, I’m now to the point that if it does not activate at least 2 times per trip, I drove improperly safe.
Mine did that one day and the car was pretty far in front of me but must have been going slower than me.

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
cornering lamps
paddle shifting
full size spare
headroom

one more thing - my wife’s love for it. We sold our Excursion and ordered a new Expedition Max 4x4 Limited. That’s her daily driver as I’m typically by myself commuting and she is hauling our children all over. she had little to no interest in the ordering process but was particular with the Max. Now, she drives the BS any time she can because it’s easy to maneuver and it fits her perfectly…. That was most unexpected
The cooling fans in the Headlamps was a shock to me i started a thread about it.

Reactions: DWG

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
The smile on my wife's face when she drives it.

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the cooling fan post BLUEOVALRACER. I didn't think that was really a thing when I read it until I put my ear to the headlight after driving.

I really like the front camera too. It comes in handy when I am parking. The fact that there are buttons instead of screen menus is a plus for me as well.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The downside of this is if you forget to turn off the radio before leaving the car it will still be on. I assume it would have turned off eventually but I got out of the car after turning the radio on with the radio power button and when I came back about 10 minutes later the radio was still on when I opened the door.
In your owner's manual describing the SYNC 3 system:

NOTE: You can switch the system on and use it for up to an hour without switching the ignition on.

Horse n Buggy

Badlands
First Name
Stoge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
On models with factory remote start on the fob you have full Global Windows, you can use you fob to either Roll-down all of the windows (double press and hold unlock on the fob) or Roll-up the windows (double press and hold lock on the fob)

Great for walking out to your car on a hot day, you can open all the windows and remote start the car to get the air running.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
On models with factory remote start on the fob you have full Global Windows, you can use you fob to either Roll-down all of the windows (double press and hold unlock on the fob) or Roll-up the windows (double press and hold lock on the fob)

Great for walking out to your car on a hot day, you can open all the windows and remote start the car to get the air running.
I don't have Factory Remote start on my key fob, and I do have global open and close windows using the key presses that you described here. BS BL without the Premium Package.

The owners manual cryptically says,
GLOBAL OPENING AND
CLOSING (IF EQUIPPED)
I'm not sure if all BS have Global open close or only higher end models, or if it is only featured with a specific package such as the Convenience Package or Tech Packages on the lower trims.

Horse n Buggy

Badlands
First Name
Stoge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I don't have Factory Remote start on my key fob, and I do have global open and close windows using the key presses that you described here. BS BL without the Premium Package.

The owners manual cryptically says,
GLOBAL OPENING AND
CLOSING (IF EQUIPPED)
I'm not sure if all BS have Global open close or only higher end models, or if it is only featured with a specific package such as the Convenience Package or Tech Packages on the lower trims.
For 2021 and 2022 the indicator was Factory Remote Start on the fob which was all OBX, all Badlands and Big Bends with Premium Package(?), however, they seemed to have changed the Fob several times since then and I've not been following the limitations on it

ATLAS BLUE BADLANDS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BADLANDS
cornering lamps
paddle shifting
full size spare
headroom

Wait there is a front camera - gonna love it when it arrives....
Sponsored