The sound of my back brakes after the first attempt..

Tamztrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Tamra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Got my fix after kit was swiped from the parts department multiple times. Take a listen:

Sponsored

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
The rear brakes on my wife's 21 BS/BB at times still make noise when backing up even after the fix was done. It is just the pads making noise. I will try different pads when they need to be replaced.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
The rear brakes on my wife's 21 BS/BB at times still make noise when backing up even after the fix was done. It is just the pads making noise. I will try different pads when they need to be replaced.
Unfortunately just pads is not a true fix. If you are in a high humidity/wet environment, even ceramic pads will make the noise.

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
Got my fix after kit was swiped from the parts department multiple times. Take a listen:

Yep sounds like a dying whale, mine does that too. I just press depress the brake like a dj scratching a vinyl. Anyway I still don’t get why it’s not an easy fix or why it only does that during reverse :(

Floordog2

Big Bend
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Edge, 2022 Bronco Sport
My Big Bend just started the sound when backing, I was hoping my BS was immune after 6500 miles, but alas.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
I had some friends whose babysitter backed up over their 3 year old. I like the backup alarm.
Unfortunately, on the Badlands, Ford includes the backup sensors only with the Premium package. I didn't want leather seats, so no Premium package for me!

Mighty3

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I am curious. I wonder if using the autobrake hold feature has an effect? I have about 3500 on my 23 BS BB since Sept 23 and I have used the autobrake since day one. No noise....yet. I back up first thing in the morning to get out of my driveway everyday with the brakes on as my driveway slopes to the street a bit. The autobrake doesn't engage in reverse but maybe when it engages it make the components align up differently which changes some wear angles?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I am curious. I wonder if using the autobrake hold feature has an effect? I have about 3500 on my 23 BS BB since Sept 23 and I have used the autobrake since day one. No noise....yet. I back up first thing in the morning to get out of my driveway everyday with the brakes on as my driveway slopes to the street a bit. The autobrake doesn't engage in reverse but maybe when it engages it make the components align up differently which changes some wear angles?
I suspect it has more to do with the downhill slope requiring more brake. Stepping harder on the brake pedal increases friction between the pads and the rotors. I believe this has the dual effect of decreasing susceptibility to resonance and rapidly heating the rotor, which evaporates moisture.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Similar here. It can be 110°F no humidity and I could be driving long distance or short doesn’t matter… get home, put in reverse and there’s the backup sound from the brakes. Doesn’t last more than a few seconds but certainly not (much if any) moisture could be on the brakes.

Arakis00

Badlands
First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I just bought a 2021 FBS and have this same issue. I haven't done anything to actually physically inspect it yet, but I knew it wasn't anything major nor was it pad wear related. I have noticed it seems to do it only in low brake pressure use situations while in reverse. Things like moisture and rotor temperature wouldn't appear to be an issue since it'll happen right after driving around in stop and go traffic for awhile. I'm a bit curious on how to actually eliminate the whining sound though.
Sponsored