Xzavior1818

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Mustang Gt
This youtube video shows how good the non badlands is with just a few mods. Let me know what you think! this is not my video just thought it was cool as most videos show off the badlands when most of them on the road are the lesser trims

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
This youtube video shows how good the non badlands is with just a few mods. Let me know what you think! this is not my video just thought it was cool as most videos show off the badlands when most of them on the road are the lesser trims

These things are really a amazing mechanical wonder. Who needs a rear locker ? !! .Thanks for sharing , great video .

Ford Bronco Sport The Non Badlands is pretty capable offroad -- Off Road Test @ Panorama Peak and the Notch Trail at Pole Hill Road, CO! IMG_0816

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
I'm strongly resisting the urge to lift my Big Bend that I bought mainly for mileage. Starting to seriously think about looking for a totaled Badlands to fix as a play rig. Honestly if a BB or OBX comes up for a good deal I might go that route.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Nice video! It is amazing how fun it is to do rides like that. I like the guys happy, nervous smile at the end.

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
I'm strongly resisting the urge to lift my Big Bend that I bought mainly for mileage. Starting to seriously think about looking for a totaled Badlands to fix as a play rig. Honestly if a BB or OBX comes up for a good deal I might go that route.
Don’t do it. Ruins the ride and 1.5” is nothing

Captain Trips

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

I couldn't watch the video, the unrelenting obnoxious music was too much. Do you know if at any point in the video it stopped, and they maybe spoke as to what had been done to the BS? I'd like to know what few mods had been made.

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Mustang Gt
I couldn't watch the video, the unrelenting obnoxious music was too much. Do you know if at any point in the video it stopped, and they maybe spoke as to what had been done to the BS? I'd like to know what few mods had been made.
I just turned down the volume. Just tires and a 1.5 lift.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t do it. Ruins the ride and 1.5” is nothing
Mileage is my main reason for not doing it on a daily driver. That's why I'll find a cheap totalled one and rebuild it for my hills rig. Where I spend most my time is sagebrush and lava rock. Tears a rig up pretty quick. You'd be surprised how much of a difference a 2" kit makes on a rig. I've always put 2"-2.5" leveling kits in all my pickups. Hell my Dodge when I bought it would start dragging windrows of hay through a field before I leveled it. It doesn't take much to make a difference when you're picking your way through washes and rocks.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Each trim and each modification has its limits. They just opened a new trail in Grand Junction CO called Pinch Point. You’ll need a rear steer buggy to get thru until it gets broken in. Even a 2.0 lift with 245/65-17’s won’t suffice :cool:.

Every tool has its purpose and it’s limits. Get the tool and take it too the limits you desire and are willing to take it too.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
A 1.5" lift doesn't sound like much, but on a short wheelbase rig like this, it makes a huge difference. I did a 1.5" lift on my Jeep Liberty, and with larger tires, it was a beast off road. Not for rock crawling, but for everything else.

Back in the day, Datsun came out with a 510 (IIRC) 2WD that was amazing off road. Opel Cadets weren't bad either. They were both small and light, like our BS's. Only time I've been stuck, I rolled a rock under the frame and had to dig it out. On snow, mud, and sand, it never falters.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport

This was awesome. It was great to see a Bronco Sport on some CO trails.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
With the fun I have had with this so far I think a play toy might as well be an old jeep or just go full size BRONCO? The aew awesome little machines.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the fun I have had with this so far I think a play toy might as well be an old jeep or just go full size BRONCO? The aew awesome little machines.
Why not both? Haha!! If I'm going to build anything for serious off roading I've been wanting to find an old Scout 80 and drop in one of those crate 2.8 Cummins engines that are out now. I do have a '52 Willys wagon I'm in the middle of but going back to mostly stock with that one. Honestly I just like building projects of all flavors.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Note this guy has a set of KO2s on his rig. Best investment that can be made to make a BS better offroad is a good set of offroad tires. Yes. The music was obnoxious! :cwl:
Sponsored