First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
while I'm here - the instructions say to run the black wire to a bolt on the fender, which I currently have done on both sides - does that affect anything vs splicing the black wire into the headlight black wire?
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
while I'm here - the instructions say to run the black wire to a bolt on the fender, which I currently have done on both sides - does that affect anything vs splicing the black wire into the headlight black wire?
Shouldn't make a difference. Black is typically used for ground. Electricity has to make a circuit to work; from one battery terminal, through the device you're powering, and back to the other battery terminal. The negative terminal on the battery is ground, and it's attached to both the engine and the frame of the vehicle. By attaching the ground wire on your light to a bolt on the fender you have provided a path for the electricity to return to the negative battery terminal.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Try to get just the amber portion working as below. Just hook up the amber power wire and the ground and see if the it works as a turn signal. If so, then you have to get the white portion powered up from some ignition source. That can be a headlight but doesn't have to be. Most everyone is running the wire to the marker light on the wheel well but you could also run to the fusebox. I only know these hookups for the amber because someone posted the information. I don't know what all the wires on the headlight harness are for. If you can find that schematic it might be possible to figure out more.

Driver
- Black: ground
- Yellow: blue & green

Passenger
- Yellow: purple

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
@Wabarca2 ok so - yellow wire connected to driver blue/green, red wire run down to lower light blue, black attached to bolt on fender.

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5553

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5554

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5555

still no luck - same as before, amber never turns on, but white does (including hazards and turn signals). starting to pull my hair out on this one.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
Try to get just the amber portion working as below. Just hook up the amber power wire and the ground and see if the it works as a turn signal. If so, then you have to get the white portion powered up from some ignition source. That can be a headlight but doesn't have to be. Most everyone is running the wire to the marker light on the wheel well but you could also run to the fusebox. I only know these hookups for the amber because someone posted the information. I don't know what all the wires on the headlight harness are for. If you can find that schematic it might be possible to figure out more.

Driver
- Yellow: blue & green

Passenger
- Yellow: purple
Just tried this - the initial light I had installed on the driver's side won't blink amber at all, but the second light I ordered DOES when I just hook up these wires. Makes me think the amber lights on it are bad after all.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
OK so once I figured out the driver's light was bum, I replaced it entirely, making sure to test each connection prior to pushing in, after connecting everything, after pushing in, after wrapping up - it worked each time, hazards/blinkers on amber and everything else on white. Ended up tapping the black headlight ground for the black wire just to insure a consistent connection, since I noticed attaching it to a bolt sometimes caused the light to flicker a bit.

So success, driver's side works! Yellow to headlight blue/green, red to lower light blue, black to headlight black.

Tossing the Tectico light that I ordered and switching to the DZG lights off Amazon, since those are the ones that seemed to work - going to go in and swap out the passenger light as well, just to be safe (and to have the extra wire length that I had cut to fit originally).

Also have some liquid electrical tape coming Friday that I'm gonna go back through and make sure none of this tapping exposed wires at all, all connections are solid, etc.

OP
OP
Wabarca2

Wabarca2

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
OK so once I figured out the driver's light was bum, I replaced it entirely, making sure to test each connection prior to pushing in, after connecting everything, after pushing in, after wrapping up - it worked each time, hazards/blinkers on amber and everything else on white. Ended up tapping the black headlight ground for the black wire just to insure a consistent connection, since I noticed attaching it to a bolt sometimes caused the light to flicker a bit.

So success, driver's side works! Yellow to headlight blue/green, red to lower light blue, black to headlight black.

Tossing the Tectico light that I ordered and switching to the DZG lights off Amazon, since those are the ones that seemed to work - going to go in and swap out the passenger light as well, just to be safe (and to have the extra wire length that I had cut to fit originally).

Also have some liquid electrical tape coming Friday that I'm gonna go back through and make sure none of this tapping exposed wires at all, all connections are solid, etc.
I'm glad you finally got it to work

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm glad you finally got it to work
Really appreciate the help on this, honestly glad my light was broken vs me being out of my mind on connecting it all.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I don't know that the DZG are materially different but that's what I bought and are afaik the first ones that became available. There always seems to be a bunch of "brands" selling the same stuff, in same form, with same photos. Could be your first set picked up double voltage and fried or it could be a bad solder trace internally or a cold joint that popped. I added hot glue to the housing where the wire went in for better seal and strain relief.
The winner of the aftermarket side light war is going to be the company that adds a pass-thru plug on the end so that installation is as simple as unplugging the headlight harness, plugging in the aftermarket connector into the headlight assembly, and then plugging the original headlight harness into that connector. Probably would add a few bucks to the price, but a bunch of people will enjoy just plugging stuff in.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
I don't know that the DZG are materially different but that's what I bought and are afaik the first ones that became available. There always seems to be a bunch of "brands" selling the same stuff, in same form, with same photos. Could be your first set picked up double voltage and fried or it could be a bad solder trace internally or a cold joint that popped. I added hot glue to the housing where the wire went in for better seal and strain relief.
Yeah I would bet the ones I bought are coming from the exact same factory as the DZG ones, just with a different sticker on the box. Best bet is there was something messed up with the internal amber wire, some voltage somewhere, etc. that just killed it before I could ever wire it up. If I was going to do it again, I'd probably order the DZG ones from Amazon first, just because you've got a better chance of getting your money back on a defective product through Amazon - I'm fine eating the $45 or whatever I paid just to not have to try to claw back a refund from a Chinese company via Paypal's resolution center.

Wanna08

First Edition
First Name
Charl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE Bronco Sport
Hello guys, Read all the post. Had same LED from Amazon.com 3 wire version. But I could not connect the red wire to side marker light`s (BLUE)wire because there was a really limited space to work on with wires. I personally don't want to disassemble many parts to install this led, so decided to run only blinker option to work with. May be in future if some experts find another easy wire connection solutions, then I will go for it ;)

I picked amber color option as a blinker which is YELLOW wire on Led. and BLACK as all know goes to chassis. (I tap the wires way below from the original headlight plug to prevent any issues might causes to playing too close to main plug) All work was easy. I am good with amber blinkers only as of now.

Thx to all sharing their experiences.

splytsceond

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos
Ordered these the other day and get a new email every day offering me a higher discount even though I already ordered them.

In case anyone is shopping..

40% off - PNGTec
30% off - 3WVTEC

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
liquid tape
one of my favorite
seldom needed
but when called for it excels
more uses than you might imagine

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
I installed the side marker install from Tectico today, it was a easy install 3 wires install and that's it. Red wire down to the courtesy side marker, to the blue wire. The yellow wire to the turn signal blue with green wire driver and yellow with purple passenger. Then just the a ground wire on both sides and that's it. They look good and well built

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20220717_100611

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20220717_101004

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20220717_101210

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20220717_102928

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20220717_102953

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20220717_110019

That's nice. I wish those were around when I did my vents last year. I had to build mine from scratch. They do not interact with the blinkers, they just come on when the lights come on.

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_20210422_041701968

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_20210501_152631490

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_20210527_034656067

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_20210529_024850558
Sponsored