First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Well got them installed - and of course, the left driver's one doesn’t blink amber, but instead the white lights blink (daytime running works fine). Thinking there’s a wiring issue somewhere inside the light itself and that’s why it’s doing that.

Either way, attaching some photos of the install to see if maybe I'm just an idiot and doing something totally wrong here:

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5538

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5539

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5541

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
Realizing that @Wabarca2 ran the red wires to the courtesy side markers, not to the headlights - that’s probably where my issue lies. No idea if there’s a headlight wire that stays on with the DRLs, worried I’m gonna have to run those red lights down behind the wheel wells.

OP
OP
Wabarca2

Wabarca2

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Realizing that @Wabarca2 ran the red wires to the courtesy side markers, not to the headlights - that’s probably where my issue lies. No idea if there’s a headlight wire that stays on with the DRLs, worried I’m gonna have to run those red lights down behind the wheel wells.
It's a paint to do it with the tire on but it's doable

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
It's a paint to do it with the tire on but it's doable
did you just pop the plastic rivets out, pull back the fabric, attach the wire, then push everything back and reattach the rivets?

OP
OP
Wabarca2

Wabarca2

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
did you just pop the plastic rivets out, pull back the fabric, attach the wire, then push everything back and reattach the rivets?
That's exactly what I did

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
That's exactly what I did
were the rivets a pain to pull out and push back in? Any concern about damaging them?

thinking I can take a crack at this tomorrow morning on the driver side to see if I can get it working.

OP
OP
Wabarca2

Wabarca2

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
were the rivets a pain to pull out and push back in? Any concern about damaging them?

thinking I can take a crack at this tomorrow morning on the driver side to see if I can get it working.
I have the plastic panel removal tool from harbor freight and it made I easy, you want to do the round middle part first then the base

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
I have the plastic panel removal tool from harbor freight and it made I easy, you want to do the round middle part first then the base
ok cool I have that same set from them, I’ll take a crack in the morning and see how it goes. Appreciate the help.

OP
OP
Wabarca2

Wabarca2

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
ok cool I have that same set from them, I’ll take a crack in the morning and see how it goes. Appreciate the help.
You got this, if you have any other questions I'm here to help

watchnerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have such a dumb question, but what does the stock set up do or look like?

In all the night photos of the BS, I've never seen that area lit up.

OP
OP
Wabarca2

Wabarca2

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have such a dumb question, but what does the stock set up do or look like?

In all the night photos of the BS, I've never seen that area lit up.
The original set up doesn't have lights it's just plastic

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Well got them installed - and of course, the left driver's one doesn’t blink amber, but instead the white lights blink (daytime running works fine). Thinking there’s a wiring issue somewhere inside the light itself and that’s why it’s doing that.

Either way, attaching some photos of the install to see if maybe I'm just an idiot and doing something totally wrong here:

IMG_5538.jpeg

IMG_5539.jpeg

IMG_5541.jpeg

Ok this is how my mechanic hooked them up. Left headlight wiring harness. Red wire goes to the white wire. Yellow wire goes to blue wire with green stripe. black wire goes to black with green stripe. Good luck

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
Ok this is how my mechanic hooked them up. Left headlight wiring harness. Red wire goes to the white wire. Yellow wire goes to blue wire with green stripe. black wire goes to black with green stripe. Good luck
just tried this as a quick fix - running into the same funkiness as before, the white lights light up fine, but the amber never turns on (even with turn signal or hazards). The white lights blink on those latter two, but it never kicks over to the amber.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
just tried this as a quick fix - running into the same funkiness as before, the white lights light up fine, but the amber never turns on (even with turn signal or hazards). The white lights blink on those latter two, but it never kicks over to the amber.
tried a second set of lights I had ordered to see if it was the light vs wiring, but same thing happens - white turns on and blinks, amber never turns on.

wondering out loud, but maybe that white light voltage is overpowering the amber light voltage so it's always telling the white light to be used instead? but that doesn't maybe make sense since the passenger side is wired the same way and the amber light works over there. it definitely seems to be getting some kind of "blink now" signal, since it blinks, it's just telling it the wrong color.
Sponsored