Wabarca2

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I installed the side marker install from Tectico today, it was a easy install 3 wires install and that's it. Red wire down to the courtesy side marker, to the blue wire. The yellow wire to the turn signal blue with green wire driver and yellow with purple passenger. Then just the a ground wire on both sides and that's it. They look good and well built

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20220717_100611

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20220717_101004

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20220717_101210

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20220717_102928

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20220717_102953

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20220717_110019

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I really like these and was thinking of putting them on, but hadn't installed anything like this before - where is the wire cluster you're pointing to in those pics? About how long did it take you to install them? Any special tools / wire connectors I would need?

OP
OP
Wabarca2

Wabarca2

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I used t connector that clamp on to the wire your tapping in to, the big wire cluster is the headlight wire harness, it only took about 30 ro 40 mins to install

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 16584298795085151697922810666642

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
I used t connector that clamp on to the wire your tapping in to, the big wire cluster is the headlight wire harness, it only took about 30 ro 40 mins to install
So you basically just run the wires down the inside of body panel/engine to the front where the headlight wires are? Doesn't seem too bad - how hard is it to remove the existing little black plastic to replace it?

OP
OP
Wabarca2

Wabarca2

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It's not bad it has 3 tabs on it that you press in and it just comes out

Tectico

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 mt82 / 2016 Camaro 2SS tr6060
Looks great! thank you for sharing

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Wire taps are sketchy and unreliable in my experience. So I went looking for an alternative. I found these posi taps that are used in the motorcycle community. They are waterproof and vibration proof.

I haven't used them yet but I ordered some and will use them on another wiring project I'm doing soon. Stay tuned.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Wire taps are sketchy and unreliable in my experience. So I went looking for an alternative. I found these posi taps that are used in the motorcycle community. They are waterproof and vibration proof.
I'm not a fan of anything that punches a hole through the insulation, possibly damaging the wire strands inside. I would use a step-down butt connector with integrated heat shrink. Two wires go in one side, and a single wire goes in the other.

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm not a fan of anything that punches a hole through the insulation, possibly damaging the wire strands inside. I would use a step-down butt connector with integrated heat shrink. Two wires go in one side, and a single wire goes in the other.
Agreed.

The important part of the splice linked above, for those that aren't aware, is the hot melt glue in the heat shrink (not explicitly stated in the product description, but shown in the photos). The hot melt is what provides an environmental seal.

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
I did order a bunch of those, but I don't want to cut the factory wire unless I have to since there's not a lot of wire slack to work with. The tap I linked to pierces the insulation and is perfectly centered on the wires. So it doesn't actually cut any of the original wires.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I did order a bunch of those, but I don't want to cut the factory wire unless I have to since there's not a lot of wire slack to work with. The tap I linked to pierces the insulation and is perfectly centered on the wires. So it doesn't actually cut any of the original wires.
Understand the issue regarding length but the main issue is that the wire strands can be really small and you can potentially damage a few of the strands. Maybe someone has found plug and play connectors like for towing wiring or better yet, even use those and run from the back instead.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
I installed the side marker install from Tectico today, it was a easy install 3 wires install and that's it. Red wire down to the courtesy side marker, to the blue wire. The yellow wire to the turn signal blue with green wire driver and yellow with purple passenger. Then just the a ground wire on both sides and that's it. They look good and well built
OK to verify connections (since the instructions that come with them are vague):

Driver
- Black: ground
- Red: blue
- Yellow: blue & green

Passenger
- Yellow: purple

OP
OP
Wabarca2

Wabarca2

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
OK to verify connections (since the instructions that come with them are vague):

Driver
- Yellow: blue & green

Passenger
- Yellow: purple
Correct