Bluejaye

Heritage
First Name
Jaye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
For someone who is not overly computer literate I have a question. Can I make a appointment at my Ford dealer and have them download the new version of sync and the new version of navigation? I would pay them for this service.
I know of no dealer that wouldn't happily take your money for that, just give them a call.
Sponsored

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
For someone who is not overly computer literate I have a question. Can I make a appointment at my Ford dealer and have them download the new version of sync and the new version of navigation? I would pay them for this service.
While my sport was in for an oil change, I had my dealer do the install of an earlier version. $139. I won't do that again.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Maybe when the new version of sync comes out, I'll give it a try. I installed 3.4 22251 myself, but it took several tries and different flash drives before I got it. So far, my 22251 has been working fine, but I'm concerned about the problems some folks are having with it. If the new version is better, I want it when it's available. The same with the map update.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I just downloaded the Ford USB new Nav update, I think.
A 90 minute ride and the unit did shut down and start up twice. Never got the download complete window. The USB blue light stopped blinking in the last half hour or so to solid blue light. I shutdown and did the accessory start and 15 second shut off.
I checked the map number in the setting and it did show Nav 2 22. Very weird.

Online Ford owners site too.
Your SYNC 3 Navigation Map is up to date with the latest version.
Maps Version: NA 2 22.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thomasm23

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Review of NA 2 22.

Compared to NA 2 21, this is night and day. I normally use CarPlay navigation, but I have been trying out NA 2 22. I find NA 2 22 to be the best in-car navigation I have ever used.

Voice instructions are great. Visuals are great.

If you have not tried it yet, give it a go.

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Does the engine need to be running the whole time during the update?
Sure does (except of course when the update prompts you to perform a key cycle), also the installation instructions tell you to turn off the Auto Stop/Start

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Sure does (except of course when the update prompts you to perform a key cycle), also the installation instructions tell you to turn off the Auto Stop/Start
Can you drive it around while it's installing? Like can I want until I go out of town or something? I'll get there and stop to wait for it to finish but at least I won't be just sitting in my driveway.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And while driving don’t forget to disable the auto start stop as described in the installation instructions. Good luck

MNBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Folks have mentioned to disable the Auto Stop/Start function. Thanks, I did not see that in the instructions. I did see the instruction to disable the Auto Engine Shutdown (the instructions tell you where to navigate, if your vehicle has it). So look for that too.

I have a newer and pretty fast USB Drive, it took maybe 20-30 minutes to transfer data to it from my PC. Hoping that means the update goes quicker on the vehicle too, but not really counting on it. Looks like I get to take a nice Saturday drive in my wife's new Bronco Sport!

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
How often can we update the maps? Online, it says ONE time only Map Update. Does this mean after this once, we'll have to pay?

I really don't use the built in navigation. I've heard some saying it's a way better experience than the one that originally came on the BS but would I be better off waiting maybe another year or so?

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
How often can we update the maps? Online, it says ONE time only Map Update. Does this mean after this once, we'll have to pay?

I really don't use the built in navigation. I've heard some saying it's a way better experience than the one that originally came on the BS but would I be better off waiting maybe another year or so?
Online it does say once, but I have updated twice with no issues in the last 15 months.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Online it does say once, but I have updated twice with no issues in the last 15 months.
I also have updated twice in that time but Ford recently announced a policy change and will charge but who knows. We shall see.

OP
OP
thomasm23

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Ford releases navigation map updates once a year. As the registered owner of the vehicle you can receive a one time digital download of NA 2 22 update at no charge. If you need an additional download of NA 2 22 you will need to pay $40.00 This includes the USB flash drive and shipping.

Next year when NA 2 23 maps are released, you can receive a one-time digital download of NA 2 23 at no charge.

The one time download is for the current map update and not for future updates.
Sponsored