Badtothebone2

Big Bend
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
So it happened, I started smelling gasoline in the car over the weekend. Dropped Norma(2022 big bend) off at the dealer yesterday. Got the phone call today…..cracked fuel injectors😢😩. Dealership is keeping my until the parts are in. Plus side they gave me a loaner until the car is fixed. The staff at Century Ford in Mt. Airy, MD is awesome.
This is the first problem I’ve had with her.
Sponsored

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Yeah I’d like to know the mileage too. Also did you have the recall done before it happened? I thought there was a program installed that was supposed to warn you if your car started leaking fuel.

OP
OP

Badtothebone2

Big Bend
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Yeah I’d like to know the mileage too. Also did you have the recall done before it happened? I thought there was a program installed that was supposed to warn you if your car started leaking fuel.
She has about 33,500 miles. Yes I did have the train tube put in. If they installed a program it did not give any alerts. The smell of gasoline and drop of mpg were my tip-off.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Thanks for the info, my wife's 2021 B/S BB has about 30K.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It sounds like the drain system worked as planned. You smelled the fuel ported overboard, but you got no fire. I'd say your case is a good testimonial for anyone wondering if the recall is worth the hassle to get it done.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I'm curious... does Ford/the dealership prioritize vehicles that actually have a cracked injector over those that do not but are just needing to get the recall done?

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm curious... does Ford/the dealership prioritize vehicles that actually have a cracked injector over those that do not but are just needing to get the recall done?
One recall is the drain tube and PCM software

the fix for the case of a known cracked injector is to replace the injector with a different model of that injector. That would be higher priority.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
One recall is the drain tube and PCM software

the fix for the case of a known cracked injector is to replace the injector with a different model of that injector. That would be higher priority.
Was that done on the '23s?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Do we know that Ford is using a different model for replacement injectors? I've not read that anywhere.
Sponsored