SERIOUSLY???? 851 miles and this??

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
@kapk22 What’s considered reasonable and unreasonable will be hotly contended.
Sponsored

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Had an issue with a dealership that f d up a recall service and denied up and down it was just a coincidence. I called bullsh@t as the recall was for dashboard air bag replacement. Entire instrument cluster fried but it was just a coincidence. Right. Unfortunately no love from Ford corporate but I didn’t try too hard as they said dealers are independent. So you get your franchise fee and don’t give a damn about the Ford name? We’ll get back to you. When the phone didn’t ring I knew it was Ford. Took matters into my own hands and replaced instrument cluster for $80. Maybe a letter to the president of Ford might light a fire somewhere?
Good luck.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Ru
@kapk22 What’s considered reasonable and unreasonable will be hotly contended.
im sure I will be, if that is the route we are forced to go. However, I think two weeks to tare a transmission down is ridiculous.
Had an issue with a dealership that f d up a recall service and denied up and down it was just a coincidence. I called bullsh@t as the recall was for dashboard air bag replacement. Entire instrument cluster fried but it was just a coincidence. Right. Unfortunately no love from Ford corporate but I didn’t try too hard as they said dealers are independent. So you get your franchise fee and don’t give a damn about the Ford name? We’ll get back to you. When the phone didn’t ring I knew it was Ford. Took matters into my own hands and replaced instrument cluster for $80. Maybe a letter to the president of Ford might light a fire somewhere?
Good luck.
Dang!! She has been on the phone (hold) most of the day with Ford. Two people told her they were trying to figure out the correct person/department to handle the situation. She is a home health nurse and has to see patients throughout the day. This makes it difficult to keep being on hold. At least she got a claim number. Sounds like it will be Monday (since it is her day off) when she can spend her quality time on hold, while Ford figures out how to deal with their screw up. I am still trying to keep her looking at the positives.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Damn dude that’s hardcore. You’re holding it together better then I would.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Kap,
I was telling your story to the wife yesterday as an example as to why we should not buy another Ford.

She still wants a Bronco, but that may be changing. It's gone from I want it now to maybe in a couple of years.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn dude that’s hardcore. You’re holding it together better then I would.
thank You. I will be honest, I am starting to get pretty pissed at this point.

Kap,
I was telling your story to the wife yesterday as an example as to why we should not buy another Ford.

She still wants a Bronco, but that may be changing. It's gone from I want it now to maybe in a couple of years.
I am happy this is helpful to others. I have always been a Ford lover, however, this is definitely changing my view. My wife has also been a Ford girl. She Really wanted to get the full size in a few years. I’m am thinking this is quickly changing her mind.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Kap,

I would expect Ford to improve/refine the vehicle over time. And after the "its the coolest newest vehicle" thing wears off we will likely see much better incentives from Ford. So likely better/cheaper if you wait a couple years. Eventually Ford will stamp out 200,000 or more sports a year they will be everywhere and not "rare" like they are right now....

Rkers

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yep. It surprised me the first time I saw it. I told her to make sure and manually turn it to the park mode when she parks until we can get it in to be looked at. I am crossing my fingers it is just a sensor, as mentioned.

And, to clarify further, one of my main purposes in posting about this was to see if anyone else on here had a similar experience with their BS.
7000 miles on mine and zero issues knock on wood!

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Kap,

Really ? Someone has an issue with a new Vehicle & you don't like the Brand any more or is it that the wait time to get service ? The whole car buying from a dealer has changed since the so called Pandemic , most if not all car dealers are going through the same thing .

There are no loaners because they were all sold , because no new ones are not available for buyers( Chips or parts availability ) & the dealers have to sell something or go out of business , they might have even had to lay off service people off to stay in business & even the Rental companies sold Most of their stock , its just the way it is at this point . I sure hope it gets better for the auto industry.

People need to relax & take a deep breath , it does sucks to have an issue with a new Car/truck , but it happens to mass produced anything at some point . In this case , this is not a new designed Tranny , it's used in other models .

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really ? Someone has an issue with a new Vehicle & you don't like the Brand any more or is it that the wait time to get service ? The whole car buying from a dealer has changed since the so called Pandemic , most if not all car dealers are going through the same thing .

There are no loaners because they were all sold , because no new ones are not available for buyers( Chips or parts availability ) & the dealers have to sell something or go out of business , they might have even had to lay off service people off to stay in business & even the Rental companies sold Most of their stock , its just the way it is at this point . I sure hope it gets better for the auto industry.

People need to relax & take a deep breath , it does sucks to have an issue with a new Car/truck , but it happens to mass produced anything at some point . In this case , this is not a new designed Tranny , it's used in other models .
It's an example, one of several on the forum, and who knows how many that are not reported here.

Try having your only vehicle waiting for service for a month. For a lot people this means renting a car, in my area the cheapest rental is $600 a week.

For other people that could mean they lose their job.

Then there are the day to day things like getting food and medicine, Dr visits, taking kids to school, etc.

You should remember that just because it would not gravely effect you, it may do so to others.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My point is that if you think another manufacturer in these times is going to be different , you are in for a surprise . There are many options for someone in this predicament & none may be easy or cheap , but such is life , you have to do what you have to do . Barrow , buy or lease another Vehicle , if its that much of a burden . I don't know of any couple that doesn't have two vehicles , may have to do with just one , I've done it before in my life with both my wife & I working & taking a child to Day care , its doable .

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My point is that if you think another manufacturer in these times is going to be different , you are in for a surprise . There are many options for someone in this predicament & none may be easy or cheap , but such is life , you have to do what you have to do . Barrow , buy or lease another Vehicle , if its that much of a burden . I don't know of any couple that doesn't have two vehicles , may have to do with just one , I've done it before in my life with both my wife & I working & taking a child to Day care , its doable .
Because you don't know of ANY couple with just one vehicle, there must not be any.
Also because you can do something , anybody can do that thing.

Then it must be so.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because you don't know of ANY couple with just one vehicle, there must not be any.
Also because you can do something , anybody can do that thing.

Then it must be so.
OP said they had a running vehicle to use , I was trying to encourage him , & many couples go through something like this , you never have any vehicle break down in your life ,but I see you're making this thread into one about you & me , is that because you're now a Ford hater & still have one ordered ?

I'm sure there are couples that don't even have one vehicle , but then it wouldn't matter because they wouldn't have a new BS that would have an issue & in for service , now would they . LOL

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: The dealership says,

“ Good morning, the tech is removing the valve body to inspect and if it checks out ok then the vehicle will get a new transmission. This is an update as of 11:30 AM this morning from the technician.”

They did say, if the vehicle does need a new transmission, it will be 2-3 weeks before we will get it back.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So,,, they did not update us that the valve body was bad.

Ford Bronco Sport SERIOUSLY???? 851 miles and this?? 93C041F3-0834-41B0-A8D7-25EF154711F1
Sponsored