Rubberized seat backs

she

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru outback
Hi I purchased a Bronco Sport Big Bend. Super happy with it so far. Question. I noticed that the rear seat backs are not rubberized only the floor and the flat part of the cargo...is that in all. the models? Can I purchase them aftermarket?

Thank you!
Sponsored

wilbur_xmas

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Our OB came with them wrapped in plastic in the rear cargo area. There isn't much solid info out there, but it appears the BB should have included the rear seat back rubber protectors. Here is what MotorTrend said in their review:

Big Bend: The first step up brings the option of two-tone black and slate gray cloth seats with some more interesting cloth weave patterns and light blue stitching. Rubberized flooring with removable carpeted floormats aid cleanup, as do removable rubber mats protecting the cargo area and rear seat backs.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yes, they're included. See p. 6 of the Bronco Sport order guide.

One of my covers might need to be replaced because the snaps aren't well-aligned with the seat back, so it's not fully on at the moment. I'll try baking it in the sun for some extra pliability, otherwise I'll have the dealer take care of it.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My BB came with the back seat snap on stuff, but I had to install it. They were laying in the back of the car when delivered.

wilbur_xmas

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
One of my covers might need to be replaced because the snaps aren't well-aligned with the seat back, so it's not fully on at the moment. I'll try baking it in the sun for some extra pliability, otherwise I'll have the dealer take care of it.
Mine was like this too, had to try a few different strategies of which order to snap the snaps and felt like I was going to dislocate my thumb. One of the snap locations was a good 1/2" off from where it should have been.

mountainkim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport
Mine was like this too, had to try a few different strategies of which order to snap the snaps and felt like I was going to dislocate my thumb. One of the snap locations was a good 1/2" off from where it should have been.
My BL has the same issue. I tried gently using a heat gun to soften it up and it worked for a day or so. It seems like the two parts of the snap don't sit deeply enough to keep them in place, especially when you raise or lower the rear seatbacks. I'm guessing they will have to be replaced eventually.

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 FX2
When I picked mine up, I had to to re-attach the left side since dealer prep didn't get all snaps tight. I really like the concept of the rubber seat backs protecting fabric.

Reactions: she

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi I purchased a Bronco Sport Big Bend. Super happy with it so far. Question. I noticed that the rear seat backs are not rubberized only the floor and the flat part of the cargo...is that in all. the models? Can I purchase them aftermarket?

Thank you!
Ask to your dealer for the back seat rubber... it's included... you don't need to pay for it...

BSideBootLeg

Big Bend
First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My back mats were in the trunk at the time of purchase.
A couple of the snaps were misaligned and did not fit.

I brought it to the dealership and they ordered me a replacement.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB

Thank you!
The Big Bend should have come with them. You'll see the mounting pins on the backs of your rear seats. See your dealer.
Ford Bronco Sport Rubberized seat backs Big Bend Package3

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
My OB came with them & as said , wrapped in plastic & they installed with out issue .Of course its Hot down here & may have helped the install , it did take some force to snap a couple of the Snaps in .

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
On my First Edition the salesman took care of installing the seat backs as well as the roof crossbars while I was doing the paperwork. That was a nice surprise.

OP
OP

she

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru outback
Thank you everyone. Looks like they forgot to put them in. I will go back to dealer and have them install them for my trouble.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Wow. I kinda wondered what those were wrapped in plastic in my trunk. Just been enjoying her so much I forgot they were there until this topic came up. Going to install them today. Praying for no misaligned snaps. Lol

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My BB had them as well. You all are right too, they were a chore to snap into place. I thought only front floor mats was odd, I ordered the full set of rubber OEM BS floor mats.
Sponsored