Rubberized seat backs

JRM

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, C5 Corvette, 08 Harley Softail
PA is cold this time of year, and that's not gonna help you. Take the seat backs indoors and put them near a heat source. Once they're warmed up they'll be a lot easier to stretch.
I'm doing as suggested, but I haven't been able get even one snapped. Tried plastic hammer with seats folded. (At least I haven't bent or broken anything, yet.)
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm doing as suggested, but I haven't been able get even one snapped. Tried plastic hammer with seats folded. (At least I haven't bent or broken anything, yet.)
I would avoid a hammer. They usually snap on and off in one direction only. Pay attention to how the easy ones go on and try to put the hard ones on in the same direction. If you can't get them warm enough to stretch you may have to wait for warmer weather. Alternatively, you can park outside on a sunny day and put them on the dash.

Last edited:

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Yeah they can be tough. Some folks may want to defer to their service department for this.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Last edited:

kelphil29

Big Bend
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I bought a set of seat backs on eBay and the snaps on the back don't look like they will snap into place on the '22 BS seat backs. Any advice? Am I supposed to remove these black rings in order to install the seat backs? Did they change the size of the snaps on the seat backs from the '21 model to the '22 model? Does anyone have a picture similar to mine of how their '22 seat backs look compared to the snaps on the back of the '22 BS seats?

Ford Bronco Sport Rubberized seat backs IMG_6565

Rob_Broncowski

Big Bend
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I tried for about 30 minutes at the dealer today to get these ordered. The guy couldn't find the part number in his system for these. I found a listing on eBay that showed the MPN and gave it to him, and he said nothing came up (and was adamant that I must have just found an eBay part number). I pulled this thread up and gave the part number from the post above for the 'buyfordpartsdirect' site and that seemed to match what I found on eBay, and still nothing. He ended up finding something that had an 'alternative part number' that was about 200 dollars. No picture, just a description to the effects of 'rear seat rubber mat pads' or something.

I plan on using my 42,000 points towards these, so I didn't have to pay for them today luckily. I hope they end up working out for my 22 BS BB.

ROCKNBRONCO777

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I bought a set of seat backs on eBay and the snaps on the back don't look like they will snap into place on the '22 BS seat backs. Any advice? Am I supposed to remove these black rings in order to install the seat backs? Did they change the size of the snaps on the seat backs from the '21 model to the '22 model? Does anyone have a picture similar to mine of how their '22 seat backs look compared to the snaps on the back of the '22 BS seats?

Ford Bronco Sport Rubberized seat backs IMG_6565
I finally got mine in today and can confirm you need to snap the plastic clips to access the buttons. See attached. Hope this helps! I was nervous but started with a bottom one in case I was wrong but I had a gut feeling it was under the clips.

Ford Bronco Sport Rubberized seat backs 20220305_123548

Ford Bronco Sport Rubberized seat backs 20220305_123552

Ford Bronco Sport Rubberized seat backs 20220305_123959

ROCKNBRONCO777

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I have a 2022 Big Bend which didn't come with the rubberized seat backs. There appear to be snaps on the seat backs, but they're surrounded with black plastic rings, making them almost flush. I ordered/received the new rubberized pieces, but they don't look like they perfectly match the snaps on the seats. I don't want to break anything. Any advice from someone who's done it would be much appreciated.
You will need to take those clips off. See attached. Got mine today and was confused until I had a gut feeling the actual buttons were under the clip. Started with the bottom one in case I was wrong lol hope this helps!

JRM

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, C5 Corvette, 08 Harley Softail
You will need to take those clips off. See attached. Got mine today and was confused until I had a gut feeling the actual buttons were under the clip. Started with the bottom one in case I was wrong lol hope this helps!

Thank You! I was at a loss. Without your instruction, I wouldn't have tried to remove those black rings. Having done that, worked like a charm. This is the kind of thing that makes this forum so valuable.

ROCKNBRONCO777

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Thank You! I was at a loss. Without your instruction, I wouldn't have tried to remove those black rings. Having done that, worked like a charm. This is the kind of thing that makes this forum so valuable.
Glad I could help! I knew I needed to share that info as even myself I was nervous to break something on my new truck lol

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
After trying to order from a couple online dealers and having the order cancelled because they were on backorder, I broke down and ordered them from ebay.

In typical ebay fashion the seller has marked them as shipped... when all they've done is print a label. Oh well, hopefully they actually ship soon.

Edit: I just noticed the delivery says May 13th. So they're on back order from the ebay seller too. Isn't that against ebay rules to sell something, mark it shipped, then say it's on backorder? hmm..
Sponsored