broncojen

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
well at least you know that Ford will attend to the issue like my dealer did.
Good for you and be thankful for your dealer doing the right thing. My dealer did not. I had to pay out of pocket.
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Sounds like a class action suit is in order....all similar spots from many owners cannot be coincidence.

JoshC

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, also a 2021 Escape
dealer told me today I must have used my snow brush and scrapped along the trim causing the damage I’m having, pathetic service, seriously considering taking a loss and just getting rid of mine. I’ve had 4 big problems in 3 months

Ford Bronco Sport Paint chips 132E373B-60AB-42E6-B7F1-48B036517D7F

Ford Bronco Sport Paint chips 72B7466D-7A89-4A6F-8DEC-1349EB5EDDCC

Ford Bronco Sport Paint chips 7E5BF845-5BD9-4A2A-BF5D-43520264BD74
I had the exact same chips on mine, within 3 months of buying it. There were actually paint marks on the arms of my wiper blades, but the dealer agreed that the wipers would have to be at extremely odd angles and be flexed out pretty far for them to hit the hood, and my chips started before the first snowfall, so they felt the paint on the wiper arms must have come after the chips began and they repainted my whole hood. (I *just* got it back from the paint shop today.)

I also had the chips/scrapes near the front headlights where that weird tab rubs, plus a chip on my tailgate, and one by the taillight. They repainted them all.
- BUT when they reassembled it the tab on the headlight still hits the paint and the brand new paint is already damaged. It literally did not survive reassembly. It was already through the paint by the time I got my Bronco back from the dealer this afternoon.

BigBadWolf

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport 2004 Mustang GT Convertible
I noticed two little spots on my drivers side door from a careless person opening their door. Every time I can I park away from everyone and walk. I've had dings on my Bronco lettering on the front from day one. The world is a harsh place and I know my Bronco will have to face it. It doesn't stop me from cleaning it and loving it.

broncojen

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the exact same chips on mine, within 3 months of buying it. There were actually paint marks on the arms of my wiper blades, but the dealer agreed that the wipers would have to be at extremely odd angles and be flexed out pretty far for them to hit the hood, and my chips started before the first snowfall, so they felt the paint on the wiper arms must have come after the chips began and they repainted my whole hood. (I *just* got it back from the paint shop today.)

I also had the chips/scrapes near the front headlights where that weird tab rubs, plus a chip on my tailgate, and one by the taillight. They repainted them all.
- BUT when they reassembled it the tab on the headlight still hits the paint and the brand new paint is already damaged. It literally did not survive reassembly. It was already through the paint by the time I got my Bronco back from the dealer this afternoon.
My collision guy is going to move the grill and put some space so that tab does not hit the paint. Crazy design. I know several other Bronco Sport owners and ALL of them have the same paint rubbing off by the headlights. I am having to pay out of my pocket after Ford refused to do anything.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Paint chips caused by driving are annoying and disappointing but ultimately unavoidable. It’s going to happen at some point somewhere. Like many people say the first one is the most painful.

Most paint chips I have experienced in the past have been on the leading edge of the hood. That’s why we had the Aeroskin 2 installed on the BS.

Paint damage caused by other people, if you can call them people, is infuriating and upsetting. There’s absolutely no need to touch someone else’s vehicle.

I haven’t noticed any paint issues around the lights yet. I did check for them before we signed anything. Several months later and still nothing. I will say the gap on my BS seems to be a little bigger so it doesn’t appear to be rubbing. But who knows? Give it time!

Anyway, I completely understand all of your paint-related frustrations. I try to take care of my BS by washing it and not parking anywhere near other people. I also try not to look so closely anymore.

I tell myself it’s a machine that’s constantly exposed to the elements and keeping it 100% pristine just isn’t realistic!

A51MATT

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
2021 Badlands with the same problem. Anyone ever come up with an easy DIY fix to keep it from rubbing? I figure I can just use some touch up paint if I can get it to stop rubbing.

broncojen

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands with the same problem. Anyone ever come up with an easy DIY fix to keep it from rubbing? I figure I can just use some touch up paint if I can get it to stop rubbing.
It will have to be taken apart to put space between grill so it won’t rub. My collision guy said he has seen a bunch of Sports with this problem but mine was the first one he fixed. I guess everyone is waiting on Ford to fix it. I just paid out of pocket. It was worth it to me to get it fixed right. It wasn’t that bad! Looks good as new now!

Steven 6095

Big Bend
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Add my 2022 Big Bend in Area 51 to the list.
28k and headlights are chipping paint just like the photos in the thread. I love this vehicle but this is disheartening. :(
Sponsored