Order Deposit Amount?

BroncoS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2020 sport
Did you guys have to put down a $1000 refundable deposit when you ordered your Bronco Sport from your dealership?
Sponsored

BroncoWoah

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, Ford Ranger
Did you guys have to put down a $1000 refundable deposit when you ordered your Bronco Sport from your dealership?
Nope, $500 (plus the original $100 for the reservation) is all that our dealership required.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My dealership didn’t ask for anything beyond the $100 reservation.

weekndr

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 XLT, 2016 Porsche GT4, 1990 Porsche Carrera 2
Only the $100 reservation made online.
Order confirmed.
Your dealer shouldn't be asking for more.

OP
OP
BroncoS

BroncoS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2020 sport
Only the $100 reservation made online.
Order confirmed.
Your dealer shouldn't be asking for more.
I’m gonna have to switch dealers then. I called them to clarify and they said they’re doing that just to make sure I get a spot for a reservation. Their excuse was, if they didn’t do the $1k refundable deposit then everyone would just be putting down orders. So dumb.

BroncoBoy40

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F-150 XLT, 97 Mustang GT, 89 Festiva
Only the $100 reservation here as well.

2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
My dealer asked me for a $1000 deposit to place the order, but I talked them into accepting $500 because that is the amount that previous dealers required. ($100 plus $500)

Sundog

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-350 LB, 2018 Toyota Rav4
$100.00 to reserve, $400.00 deposit to order. All refundable if we walk away without purchase. $500.00 applied toward purchase when we do the deal.

autonathan

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lincoln Town Car
We're not requiring anymore than the $100 deposit Ford is requiring. It's really up to the dealer and most are probably following procedure they have in place for other retail orders.

Horsetail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
One place I called told me 1k nonrefundable. I called them back later and was told 500.00. Another place told me zero, another place went to zero after I mentioned the zero bid. Depends on the dealership for sure. For most of the potential builds out there they probably aren’t taking inventory risk.

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Only the $100 original reservation amount. My dealer specifically said they're a Top 100 Ford Dealer so they follow the procedures that Ford sets out.

OP
OP
BroncoS

BroncoS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2020 sport
Thanks for the replies guys. I decided to switch to a dealer that followed ford’s procedures and didn’t need any dealer deposit to order.

CarShuffle

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav 4 XSE Hybrid
Is anyone else having trouble finding a dealer with a lower/no deposit amount? I'm willing to gamble $100 on a car that I haven't sat in or test driven, but I can't find a dealer that will take less than $500 in a non-refundable deposit. I'm in MA and have spoken to four dealers so far. 3 of the 4 were $1000 and one was $500. I got into a bit of an argument with a couple of them and said: 1. They'll be able to sell the car in a day if I back out and 2. They are essentially charging me $1000 to test drive a car. One of the dealers kept arguing and said there is no way that they will be able to sell the car easily if I back out and that they will be "in the hole" within a week.

The car looks great and I'm excited but am I being unreasonable by expecting not to dish out this much money upfront without seeing what I'm buying?

OP
OP
BroncoS

BroncoS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2020 sport
Is anyone else having trouble finding a dealer with a lower/no deposit amount? I'm willing to gamble $100 on a car that I haven't sat in or test driven, but I can't find a dealer that will take less than $500 in a non-refundable deposit. I'm in MA and have spoken to four dealers so far. 3 of the 4 were $1000 and one was $500. I got into a bit of an argument with a couple of them and said: 1. They'll be able to sell the car in a day if I back out and 2. They are essentially charging me $1000 to test drive a car. One of the dealers kept arguing and said there is no way that they will be able to sell the car easily if I back out and that they will be "in the hole" within a week.

The car looks great and I'm excited but am I being unreasonable by expecting not to dish out this much money upfront without seeing what I'm buying?
Keep looking, I had the same problem as you until I found a dealer that didn’t require any amount of money just to order. Those stealerships that require a deposit amount are just money gougers.

CarShuffle

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav 4 XSE Hybrid
So their argument is they aren’t planning to order any bronco sports for inventory because they will be “in the hole” within a week? Wth is this a car dealership or not?
I know, it is insanity. The salesman who told me that said that the whole Bronco thing was "overblown" and his dealership anticipates they will all be sitting on the lot. He said they aren't getting any for inventory. I pretty much told him he was on acid.
Sponsored